GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,433
0 members and 1,433 guests
No Members online

Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Fall 09 Recruitment Ideas??

I am currently the VP of Recruitment this coming up fall semester and am asking for any suggestions people may have for small chapters. We currently have approximately 30 active sisters.

I am looking for any idea that would be fun and useful for a week long recruitment period. I have never done a week long recruitment, only weekends. I want to try a theme that would be good to use for 4 or 5 days that won't get to old and boring. Any and all help is appreciated.
I'm new to the website so I'm not real sure where all to find threads and such with theme ideas quite yet.
Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

i have known of chapters that had an overall theme for their recruitment and built on it each day-for instance(and this is not what was used) their theme would be "disney world" so the first day of recruitment would be mgm studios and they might decorate the house with plastic that comes on rolls and looks like film, along with movie posters. they might have cokes and popcorn as a snack if that is allowed. the next day would be a jungle theme to represent animal kingdom and they would decorate accordingly, the day after that epcot with maybe a theme playing off the different countries that have pavilions in epcot. bid day would tie into the overall theme and the bid day shirts would have some clever sisterhood themed saying that would tie in to the artwork on the shirt which ties into the overall theme. in other words, i have seen chapters do an overall theme, with "sub-themes" for each day that tie into the overall theme.

they usually do not make an announcement as to "we are having "this" as our theme for recruitment." when bid day comes around, everyone has figured out what the theme was.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 07-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in a similar position last fall. I am in a sorority with about 30 sisters as well, but we don't have a house nor the funds to really put tons of money into decorations. We decided our theme would be "I (heart) Chi Delta... and you will, too!" We tried to tie it in by using little things with hearts all over. We also had shirts printed that said our slogan.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

that sounds really cute and just proves it doesn't have to cost a lot of $$ to be effective.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Is this for a formal recruitment period, or a few random informal events?

@~/~~~~
Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks FSUZeta (provided you were referring to my post. Lol) It was actually really effective, too. We got our biggest pledge class in four years!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigDeltAT07 View Post
I am currently the VP of Recruitment this coming up fall semester and am asking for any suggestions people may have for small chapters. We currently have approximately 30 active sisters.

I am looking for any idea that would be fun and useful for a week long recruitment period. I have never done a week long recruitment, only weekends. I want to try a theme that would be good to use for 4 or 5 days that won't get to old and boring. Any and all help is appreciated.
I'm new to the website so I'm not real sure where all to find threads and such with theme ideas quite yet.
Thanks!
Dear Sig Delta,

I recommend contacting the local Alum League (or the closest one to your location), for assistance. They should have wonderful ideas for skits, songs and chants. Also, your chapter advisor can direct you to those who are prepared to help.

We used to create original skits and songs using familiar melodies. If you have any creative members, now is the time to pick their brains. There are TV shows to parody, Broadway musicals to emulate and pop songs to use as a base. You need creative writers, good, strong voices, lyrics, costumes and decorations all attached to the same themes. Humor is always effective. We once did a skit with one member portraying The Statue of Liberty, holding her Torch high for all to see. You need a great costume sewer for that! If you can write a few songs around that theme, it will stand out in the minds of your PNM's. For pref round, I suggest a beautiful song encompassing what SDT means to the members. If it is sincere, PNM's will feel it.

Remember to make the PNM's feel important...do your research about them, remember their names and make them glad they are participating in your recruitment. Stress the opportunities for leadership development...a chance to shine on campus. Wear your letters and Torch badges. Believe me, the Torch is so unique as a badge, it attracts attention wherever you go.

Best of luck during recruitment.

Fraternally,
Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patrae Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People
Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Chi Delta View Post
Thanks FSUZeta (provided you were referring to my post. Lol) It was actually really effective, too. We got our biggest pledge class in four years!

i sure was and congratulations on getting your biggest pledge class.