GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,620
0 members and 1,620 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2016, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Not an embarrassing story but just a cute one. During our formal recruitment in 1983 there were three of us with younger sisters rushing that year. Two of them looked very similar to their older sisters, but my sister and I do not resemble each other at all.
Party has started and my sister is happily chatting with a group of actives. Another active joins the conversation and asks "Where did you go to high school?" My sister replies "I went to Mater Dei." Active answers with "Oh we have two members who also went there. Do you know Sue _______ and (me)?" My sister smiles and says "Why yes I do know them." Active happens to see my sister's name tag at that moment and bursts out laughing when she realizes who she's been chatting with.
All three sisters pledged our chapter.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

The first story has always been my favorite!
Old 08-05-2019, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

So I had older brothers who were in frats and had no idea what sorority recruitment entailed. While I was at a less competitive school I legit wore what I had worn to class that day to rounds. So all the girls were dressed up while I was in a hoodie and ripped jeans. You can take a wild guess on what my result that was.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

This embarrassing rush story happened in the fall of 1959 and it involved my mother who at the time was the president of her Delta Gamma chapter. This was the first formal rush for the Gamma Chi chapter which had just been installed in the spring of that year. So needless to say everyone in the chapter was a bit nervous that year.

There was a young lady going through rush whose name was Thelma Thorpe. She was introduced on the first day of rush to my mother and my mom promptly replied "Hello Thorma Thelp it's a pleasure to welcome you to Delta Gamma." After the party, one of her friends pointed out her error and my mom was really embarrassed by her mistake. So she vowed to not repeat the mistake on the second day and diligently practiced "Thelma Thorpe" over and over that evening.

Second day arrives and my mother cheerfully welcomes her back to DG as "Thorma Thelp" AGAIN!!! My mom's best friend is discreetly pinching her to point out her mistake.

Thelma chose to drop Delta Gamma that day and went on to pledge Delta Delta Delta. ;-)
Old 08-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

OH NO! I do that and now I'm going to start it up again!