GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,218
1 members and 2,217 guests
Xidelt

Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Vito, wtf kind of person did you have to buy for? What a dick.
Believe it or not, my mother. I sometimes wonder how we have such different attitudes involving material possessions.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Communion by intinction gives me the icks. Especially in cold and flu season.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Question for cat owners from a new cat owner:

How can I get my kitty to stop treating me like a fellow cat/large play thing?
When they were acting up, we would pick our kitties up (well not really lift them but kind of hold them) by the scruffs of their necks. Not enough to hurt them, but just in the way mother cats do to their kittens to assert authority. Sometimes doing this and saying "No!" in a forceful tone got them to calm down.

Spray bottles of water are also good tools for making kittens know that they can't claw up the carpet/walk around on the kitchen table/etc.

Cats are pretty hard to train with verbal commands; You either have to physically assert dominance (not violently of course), squirt them, or wait until they get older and sit around in the same chair 20/24 hours like my 8 year old black cat does. Then again our 2 are outdoor cats except when it's cold and they sucker my parents into letting them be indoor cats between bathroom breaks, so they might be a little more difficult to control.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Having Christmas Eve dinner at my house in about two hours. Normally I'm panicking at this point and scrubbing every surface reachable. This year the cleaning is finished and I've done all the cooking that can happen ahead of time. All that is left is to wrap presents, but those don't have to be done until tomorrow... It makes me nervous almost as if I'm forgetting something.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 12-24-2012, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm having company staying with me the next two nights and I have everything done except the cleaning. I need to get started on that now.

Christmas with my family is done. Kids opened gifts this morning and gave me a gift certificate for a deep tissue massage Hypo's idea, of course!

I got the whole house clean except for vacuuming/sweeping/mopping floors. OMG I'm tired, but wired at the same time. I've never been able to go from rushing around to do things straight to bed. Time to wind down with A Christmas Story

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by AGDee; 12-25-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Merry...

Last year, my SIL yelled at me for telling my nephew to be quiet.

This year, despite that, I sent gift cards to the nephews. I didn't even get a measly Christmas card.

Merry Fing Christmas.

And now she decides that she wants to speak to me on the phone at my parent's house. Yah, feel guilty and try to keep your kid's part of the inheritance. After it all, I still have no desire to talk to her. Forget taking the high road, I am breaking trail and making my own road.

Merry Fing Christmas.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Mexican food and snow for Christmas - excellent!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAckbOwlsgIrl View Post
Last year, my SIL yelled at me for telling my nephew to be quiet.

This year, despite that, I sent gift cards to the nephews. I didn't even get a measly Christmas card.

Merry Fing Christmas.

And now she decides that she wants to speak to me on the phone at my parent's house. Yah, feel guilty and try to keep your kid's part of the inheritance. After it all, I still have no desire to talk to her. Forget taking the high road, I am breaking trail and making my own road.

Merry Fing Christmas.
Your SIL and mine sound like they're two peas in a pod.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Found out BF's mom is still weird about us moving in together once he graduates in May and moves to DC for law school. Really woman? We've been dating for 4 years in January and have discussed getting engaged after 2L. That and do you really want to pay $1000+ for a place when he and I could be splitting a 2BR for $750-800 each?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Communion by intinction gives me the icks. Especially in cold and flu season.
We must have different definitions of intinction, then. Our church gives you a piece of bread and you dip it in the cup. Much less germiness than a standard common cup.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
We must have different definitions of intinction, then. Our church gives you a piece of bread and you dip it in the cup. Much less germiness than a standard common cup.
I think she means when the host is put in the persons mouth. After being a eucharistic minister, I much prefer intinction even when I am not sick. They need to give the ministers a disinfecting cloth instead of just a piece of fabric.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
GC taught me what that was called because I was calling it "the fondue communion."

Merry Christmas! Happy Kwanzaa and Hanukkah and all those, too! Hope everyone is having a great holiday and that the weather isn't too bad where you are!

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Nope, same definition. The common cup is not standard for us. Individual "shot glass" type glasses are. When I think about hands being used to cover coughs and sneezes and rub eyes, noses and mouths and even pick their noses then using same hands to dip a piece of bread into grape juice (no wine in our current church), I get the icks.

I've seen how unsteady some of these people are. Fingers hit the juice over and over again. Our church membership is just under five thousand people. There are at least several hundred people in each service. Honestly, I would prefer for the body and the blood of Christ to apparate to me in individually wrapped and sanitized containers so that I could not be distracted by germs. (I get frequent upper respiratory infections, so I'm a little paranoid.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I think she means when the host is put in the persons mouth. After being a eucharistic minister, I much prefer intinction even when I am not sick. They need to give the ministers a disinfecting cloth instead of just a piece of fabric.
Nope. We're not that fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
GC taught me what that was called because I was calling it "the fondue communion."
I love it! Fondue without the forks!

ETA: FWIW, I also avoid any kind of dip/salsa/etc. at parties for the same reason. At least at communion there's no double dipping danger.

Last edited by amIblue?; 12-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel like I never quite went to sleep, and I never quite woke up. Been feeling muted all day.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
The cheese of life, melted for you?