GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,468
1 members and 2,467 guests
AOIIalum

Old 04-03-2001, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile All your sappy, sweet, or plain old funny love stories!!!!

I'm deliriously sappy today b/c tomorrow is my 6 mo. anniversary w/my BF

So please share your romantic stories w/us! I don't care how long/short it is either!! About your first-grade crush, your hs sweetheart, your longtime bf, whatever!!

I'm a true romantic (love the candles, sunsets...the whole drill), so you can bet that after reading all your stories I'll have this ridiculous, huge grin pasted on my face...

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited April 03, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-03-2001, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

OhOhOhOh!!!!! IowaHawkeye, remember how I said I would have a big stupid grin on my face???!!! WELL, I have a big stupid grin on my face. *giggle* OK: be prepared for my upcoming gushing! hehe... Those lyrics are sooo beautiful, I'm just so touched!! Do you mind if I send them to my BF? (and put credit where it's due of course!!) You are so lucky to have your BF . I can tell that he's everything and more to you!! What a sweetiepie . My BF used to be this totally macho guy, and though parts of him are still like that, LOL, he's a total sweetie!! He knows how much I love romantic things, and each day he calls to tell me a different reason why he loves me! Thanks for the congrats!

Old 04-03-2001, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

And thank you so much, IowaHawkeye, for posting that; that's the most beautiful poem I have encountered!
Old 04-03-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATS Newbie-dear on your anniversary, couldn't happen to a better person!!!!! Hope you and Shawn have a wonderful anniversary...and here's hoping that there will be many more for you guys!!

I love ya sweetie!! ~Caitlin P.S. Check your email Oh, and you BETTER tell us the sappy details after tomorrow, OK?!!!

Otherwise I'm sorry I don't really have anything "special" to add...b/c I just brkoe up w/my longtime bf a while ago...but I just started seeing this great guy, so I'm hoping! *fingers crossed*

[This message has been edited by Theta-cutie (edited April 03, 2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a complete romantic as well- but i dont have a boyfriend at the moment!
i just wanted to say that that poem is really sweet! i would love if a guy ever wrote me a poem that romantic!
Old 04-04-2001, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Happy 6 month anniversary NEWBIE!!!!!

Here's to many more for you and your boyfriend!!!!!

Allison
Old 04-04-2001, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
Happy 6 months Newbie!

I've been with my sweetie for 3 years and 2 months now....I actually met him while rushing my sorority! He was in the Kappa Sig colony on my campus (which has since folded) and our sorority had an event with the Kap Sig's....cosmic bowling! I'm a good bowler (in a league for 14 years!) and Art sucked, so his brothers suggested I give him some personal lessons! Anyway, we exchanged numbers, he called, our first date was on a pub crawl that my high school bud was having for her 19th b-day, and the rest is history!

Actually he is the sweetest guy. He waited till Valentine's Day to "officially" ask me out....more romantic that way he says! He has helped me (and my family) out in many ways, emotionally, monetarily, etc.! When he got a job in Toronto (we're both from Halifax, NS!) he didn't give a second thought to asking me to move with him there....he knew he couldn't live without me! For my 20th b-day he gave me a promise ring....in front of all my sorority sisters! He told them all (and asked my parents for permission first! ) what he was doing, so they all stood behind us going "Awwwww!!!" He's even paying for me to go back to school in Sept!

Wow....I babble about him way too much! LOL! I love him!

Happy Anniversary Newbie....!

------------------
Vera
Sister Plum #13
Iota Beta Chi Sorority
Webmaster
http://welcome.to/iotabetachi
Old 04-04-2001, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy 6 months!

sappy stories huh?

How about when he proposed to me. The dixie chicks were in town and we had second row seats. They are my favorite band, so we decided to make an evening of it. I 'knew' he was going to propose--the jewelry shop made the mistake of calling him at home and I saw their number on the caller ID. So we're at our favorite restruant, spluging on the Japanese Hibachi and Sushi. When I see him reach for his pocket. Then all of a sudden this bratting little boy comes running around our table acting like an airplane. His hand drew away from his pocket. Dinner finished, still nothing. We pay our bill and begin to walk to the car. He drops the keys on the ground, bends down to 'pick them up', grabs the box and gets on one knee. He said:

"Mikki, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. We've been together for a year and a half and I don't know what my life would be like without you, and I don't want to think about what my future would be like without you. You're everything I've looked for in a woman and more. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife?"

Even though I knew it was coming--I still bawled like a little baby! The hostesses from the restraunt came out and saw us and invited us back in for free drinks, where the sushi chef (we're excellent customers) gave us a set of handmade japanese bowls as an engagement gift.

We went to see the Dixie chicks that evening and had a wonderful time.
Old 04-04-2001, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

awww, Mikki
thats the sweetest story! that is totally what i want - the guy down on one knee - i think its the most romantic thing ever
and HAPPY 6 MONTHS NEWBIE!
Old 04-04-2001, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww, Girls, those are the sweetest stories I have ever heard! You guys are very lucky to have sweet men like that as your bf's/fiances/husbands. C'mon MEN OF GC how about YOUR Stories! Mikki, when are you guys getting married? Or are you already married? I wish you the best, you guys sound so cute together! That is just so sweet, especially the dropping of the keys!

IowaHawkeye, that poem is so gorgeous. You must tell your bf that he has many fans!! LOL I wish I got a poem! I just started dating this terrific guy, so we'll see, hehe.

Sisterplum, you have such a keeper!! What a sweetheart! Valentine's Day is the best day IMO to start a realtionship, have a wedding, get engaged, etc. And the promise ring....you lucky doll!

And again HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY DEAREST NEWBIE!!! Actually, you know what guys? I've met her bf Shawn before! b/c I am one of those Tour Guides for my University. Well, it's just so coincidental! They make such a cute couple (they won Prince/Princess for the Winter Formal, I heard)... I've never seen Newbie so happy until she met Shawn. He's the real deal, I guess! And that's saying a lot, b/c I've had relationships before w/football players, and I've been greatly hurt by them. Shawn is a football player--so when Newbie told me about their relationship--I was really scared for her. But I met him and well, let's just say that I'm proud of Newbie for having such good taste hehe. Too bad I haven't met another football player like Newbie's guy! .

(Me and Newbie are really close b/c we went to the same HS together...though I have now graduated, and she is 2 years younger than me )

[This message has been edited by Theta-cutie (edited April 04, 2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I've been with my guy for over 3.5 years now, and we've had our share of ups and downs, but overall, its been the most amazing experience of my life.

We started "going out" on 9.7.97. Our first date wasn't until October. On our first date, we had walked from a coffee shop to a nearby park and saw a wedding going on. We sat on a bench and watched from afar. At one point, he put his arms around me told me he loved me. I was completely melted.

In the time we've been together, he's written me poems for almost every special occasion, bought me teddy bears for no reason...he calls me his princess, and for our one year anniversary, he bought me a tiara! This year for my 21st birthday, he got me an Adopt-a-Bear, and a silver heart engraved with my name and '21'.

But most of all, he's been my best friend. He's been there for me in so many countless ways. He was there the night I found out my mom had cancer. He was there for our senior class trip. We've had a million experiences together. We take mini-road trips, driving around Baton Rouge getting ourselves lost and singing along to Britney in the car. He's even held my hair back when I've been sick from too much to drink! He's just the most amazing guy. I fit with him like I fit with no other person in this world. He knows what I'm going to say, before I even say it sometimes. He can tell when I'm fibbing about something...he knows all my moods...

Sheesh, I'm rambling! Josh is the only guy I've ever dated. But all the waiting was worth it! I can't imagine ever being with anyone else!
Old 04-04-2001, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

WOW, Juniorgrrl, I'm so jealous of you. I really hope to find (or maybe the guy I am dating now will be) a soulmate. You and Josh sound like true soulmates...and it is just so ironic that you guys saw a wedding on your first date! Maybe that is a hint of what is to come, LOL. 9-7-97! That is hella cool . He sounds like the Prince to your Princess! *dreamy sigh* LOL...ahhh I love romance, too...

I was the child always reading "Cinderella," "Snow White," "Sleeping Beauty," and "The Little Mermaid."
Old 04-04-2001, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

C'mon, guys of GC, we want to hear your stories, too!

Let's see if you can "beat" any of the stories here...well, maybe not , but I still want to hear them too anyways!
Old 04-04-2001, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Newbie and Theta-cutie, check your mail

Love, Sammie

[This message has been edited by sammie17 (edited April 04, 2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Theta:

We're getting married September 29th of this year.