GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,257
1 members and 1,256 guests
navane

Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm bummed that Debbie and Bianca were eliminated -- I actually liked them. I LOVE the brothers -- they're my favorite -- they're HOT and FUN.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
As much as I hate Romber, you have to give him props for figuring out a way around the road block. Then to convince other teams to do the same!

Not sorry to see the Debbie and Bianca gone. How the most fluent in Spanish contestants got THAT lost is beyond me.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I'm bummed that Debbie and Bianca were eliminated -- I actually liked them. I LOVE the brothers -- they're my favorite -- they're HOT and FUN.
Oh yes, the brothers are HOT.

I cannot stand the boyfriends. Something about really flamey blowtorchey gay men annoy the shit outta me.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ariesrising
What I love about watching Rob is that he takes major risks in the game and makes it fun to watch. He knows the rules, he uses them to his advantage, and he manipulates others into helping them get out ahead.
I agree completely. While his voice would get on my nerves if I had to listen to it all the time, he is a very smart racer, and that's what's it's all about. And he and Amber talk nicely to each other in process. I'll take Rob and Amber over Jonathan and Victoria -- or most of the other teams -- any day.

I thought the boyfriends were entertaining at first, but they're getting on my nerves now. The lost me with their hissy fit at the Chilean fish market.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by MysticCat81
I agree completely. While his voice would get on my nerves if I had to listen to it all the time, he is a very smart racer, and that's what's it's all about. And he and Amber talk nicely to each other in process. I'll take Rob and Amber over Jonathan and Victoria -- or most of the other teams -- any day.
Oh man, can you IMAGINE if Rob ever treated our Amber like how Jonathan treated Victoria?

Do you know how many AGDs would march their asses to Boston (and probably shack up with Nic) to rip Rob a new one? LOL
Old 03-17-2005, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Am I the only one that thinks Rob doesn't have that strong of an accent? I've heard way worse, especially when heading towards "Reveah" aka Revere.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
Am I the only one that thinks Rob doesn't have that strong of an accent? I've heard way worse, especially when heading towards "Reveah" aka Revere.
All I can say is that to a Southerner (or at least, this Southerner and his Southern wife), it sounds very strong.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by MysticCat81
All I can say is that to a Southerner (or at least, this Southerner and his Southern wife), it sounds very strong.

Wow. I hope mine's not that bad then. But then again, I don't think that I have an accent.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
I LOVE Boston Rob & Amber. I love the fact that they've been using their heads in order to get ahead in the game.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 03-17-2005, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, you're the only one. His accent is terrible.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
His accent is terrible.
It *IS* pretty brutal, isn't it? The son and Mom team are starting to annoy. Considering they wanted to "be responsible" for Rob and Amber's demise, they sure did a shabby job driving around. It took them, what....an hour and 40 minutes just to navigate out of the city? DUH...

I really liked the 2 girls who spoke Spanish, but how dumb can you be when you see OCEAN and you're supposed to be going through the mountains? Ai yi yi.......
Old 03-18-2005, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think his accent is that bad. I guess when you live in SO CA and hear a zillion different accents every day, Rob's isn't too bad.

So glad Debbie and Bianca are gone. Couldn't stand them.

DaffyKD
Old 03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank goodness Debbie and Bianca are gone is what I thought. I just didnt like them at all.

As for Rob and Amber, another GREAT week for them... I swear its things like that that makes me love them more and more each week, though I liked them a lot during Survivor.

I thought it was soooooo smart of Rob to drop out and then get other teams to do the same. Really I think he helped them get further because I know that one girl wasnt gonna finish all that meat if she didnt quit and neither was the old man. It was brilliant and them quitting made sure Rob and Amber were still in it. Loved it......

Phil laughing when they came in made me laugh. He was shocked and I think thought man they know how to work this game. It was funny.

I really want them to make it to the end, unfortunately it looks like someone gets mad at each other next week, I just hope they get through it. They are a strong couple who has gotten along so well. I really am rooting for them all the way.....
Old 03-19-2005, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

with all the natural beauty and legitimate challenges, why do they feel they have to have a gross eating challenge each time?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
interesting...

I was surfing the Web, as usual, and discovered that Meredith (the old guy) is a veteran of the U.S. Army and was a member of the U.S. Army Old Guard, and was a guard of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, DC.

The following letter is posted on the Old Guard Society's webpage, and is interesting for AR fans, atleast imho.

http://www.tombguard.org/members.html
Dear friends....

Gretchen and I dropped out of sight for five weeks beginning November 15. Prior to that some of you heard that we had tried out for the CBS TV show known as The Amazing Race and made it to the finals...but that we had been "passed by the producers". It was an experience to get that far and we said so in an earlier email. Well, as it turned out ,we were NOT passed (that is another story in itself) but rather asked a couple of weeks later if we would come to Los Angeles for a "possible opportunity". We did and after a whole lot of near cloak and dagger stuff we were told we had made the Race...two out of 25,000 applicants!

From there our lives went into overdrive as we now had just two weeks to prepare...including buying whatever we determined we might need for such an adventure...at our expense! (This was the beginning of the "You figure it out folks. You won't get any more help from CBS phase). The world is a big place with a lot of different climates, etc.! Then there were physicals and shots for everything from cholera to Japanese encephalitis, etc. etc. Closing our house and getting bills paid for the next ???,etc., etc., etc. and a lot of other details like passport photos kept us at race pace and we had not yet begun the real challenge. By the time we reached our take off destination we were already tired and looking at each other in disbelief asking " what have we done???".

Well ,what we had done was to make our way into a group of VERY competitive young people who wanted the $1,000,000 first prize A LOT more than we did . At the time we had both agreed that we had probably been invited on the show to be the sacrificial two that would be looked upon as nice guys who would be quickly eliminated...after all it is a physical grind and we are more than 30 years older than the next oldest racing couple. What happens next will amuse and astound you (at least we think so...) so if you like that kind of TV, tune in CBS next Tuesday (Feb.8 at 9:00PM) for the final episode of the current race ...episode 6... where the competitors/cast of The Amazing Race 7 will be announced. If you don't want to stay up that late and are still interested, tune in The Early Show on Feb.9. The real thing... TAR 7... will be aired on March 1.

We took so long to let you in on this amazing event in our lives because we were bound by contract ( allot of 'em) not to say anything until we were given the go ahead. Of course some of it leaked a little here and there but ...we are now out and it is one great big' huge relief to be able to tell our friends what has happened to us. The suspense and secret keeping has been awful...especially for Gretchen who has been known to articulate her views/observations, given the opportunity (smile).

So, there you have it. We have no idea of how we will be portrayed...Dumb and dumber? Mom and pop? Mr. and Mrs. ASAP? Or a couple of lunatics who shoulda stayed in their Lazy Boys and watched rather than been TV like the rest of the normal world. We will find out right along with the rest of you willing to see us make fools of ourselves. It should be fun. We hope so. Really... you've got to laugh at the whole crazy thing when you think about what actually happened ...there's a sit com here, believe me..

Take care...root for us. We will tell you more...if you can stand it... when the producers give us another green light.
Meredith Smith