GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,680
0 members and 1,680 guests
No Members online

Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

U of Penn hazing lawsuit

I didn't see this anywhere else.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/28/D8H92E280.html
Old 04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Wow.. Alpha Phi Alpha, one member (the son of an appeals court judge) repeatedly hit the victim in the hip causing enough damage that he could no longer do "long distance running."

Another young man is charged with snapping a rubber band against the victim's arm until it left a scar.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Son of an appeals court judge... you know he'll have damn good lawyers
Old 04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Wow.. Alpha Phi Alpha, one member (the son of an appeals court judge) repeatedly hit the victim in the hip causing enough damage that he could no longer do "long distance running."

Another young man is charged with snapping a rubber band against the victim's arm until it left a scar.
OK both of these things are really strange to me because I could never in a million years imagine any guy doing them.

Who punches someone, in of all places, the hip?!? And it's not like a missed shot, it's repeated blows to the hip. I mean does the guy kneel down to do it? Does he make the victim lay down on a table or what?

And who the heck snaps rubber bands at people after they graduate from junior high? Ok maybe high school. And how does it cause a scar? Again, did they make the victim lay on a table and snap rubber bands at him?

This reminds me of the movie Be Cool. They wanted the Rock to beat people up and he shows up with a red baseball bat.

-Rudey
Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
OK both of these things are really strange to me because I could never in a million years imagine any guy doing them.

Who punches someone, in of all places, the hip?!? And it's not like a missed shot, it's repeated blows to the hip. I mean does the guy kneel down to do it? Does he make the victim lay down on a table or what?

And who the heck snaps rubber bands at people after they graduate from junior high? Ok maybe high school. And how does it cause a scar? Again, did they make the victim lay on a table and snap rubber bands at him?

This reminds me of the movie Be Cool. They wanted the Rock to beat people up and he shows up with a red baseball bat.

-Rudey
I agree, I don't think I've heard of any stranger incident than this one. It sounds almost like something a certain ex-GC member might have written in his fiction.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma