GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,337
2 members and 2,335 guests
Cookiez17, FSUZeta

Old 07-14-2020, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face NPHC Sorority older prospect

I’ve decided that I want to join an org come fall 2020. The thing is that I’m 35 and I’m an undergraduate. I know by me being older it will be a challenge to convince the girls that I can be a asset to the org. I have no children and I’m not married so I can fully commit myself to the service of the sorority.

I Also know that I could go graduate Chapter but I feel that would be harder in my case because I don’t Know anyone and being around older women is intimidating to me so I would probably fold under pressure but with younger women I feel like I’m more in my element and can maneuver around in that energy.

I would to hear y’all honest thoughts And opinions especially if you’re currently in a Undergraduate chapter of a NPHC sorority Now.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2020, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings!

Unfortunately, no one on here will be able to give you the answer that you seek. You need to get to know the chapter members and support their events. They are the ones who will have voting power. There have been undergraduate initiates who have been non-traditional students, even married with kids, but we can’t tell you how that chapter will feel.

Also, just some friendly advice:

I would work on the intimidation issues and build confidence. Rather you are an undergraduate or graduate aspirant, showing interest requires the same amount of effort. The younger ladies will not necessarily be less intimidating just because of their age. We all have high expectations in the women that seek our organizations.

Also, there are plenty of members in alumnae chapters that are 10+ years younger than you. We have plenty of ages represented in our chapters.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Persistent DST knows her stuff and I hope you will take her advice to heart. I wish you the very best of luck!
Old 07-15-2020, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the advice. I am working on my confidence with being social especially outside of my comfort zone