GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,320
0 members and 2,320 guests
No Members online

Old 02-06-2001, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Well first of all, last night my rho chi called to tell me there was a little mix up, its not taht big of a deal but one house didn't invite me back, Kappa Delta. So the houses I'm going back to are: Phi Sig, SDT, Tri-Delt, A Chi O, D Phi E, A E Phi, Alpha Phi, Theta, A O Pi, and Sig Kap. The parties start tomorrow(Wednsday) and i dont know my exact schedule yet...we go to 5 on wed and 5 on thursday. It's the philanthropy round so we make little projects. it sucks for me cause i have a bio lab until 6 tomorrow and its supposed to start then!! im gonna have to go to the lab dressed all pretty :-) i'll let u guys know how it turns out!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-06-2001, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night was the Greek Forum where I got to meet a few girls from each chapter and look at the table they set up. It was really cool. I was so nervous because I was by myself, but I met some really nice girls. I am particularly interested in Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Phi. I felt very comfortable with the girls I met and we share a lot of interests. I think I'd have a blast with either of these sororities. Kappa Kappa Gamma was pretty nice too. Tonight is the progressive dinner. I am so excited! Then, there are a ton of activities planned this week and next. Wish me luck!!!! I think it will be a lot of fun!
Old 02-06-2001, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck, praisedancer!!!

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!
Old 02-06-2001, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

ok this is to anyone whos on now or within the next few hours........a frat on my campus is having a party tonight at a club, they rented it out. My friends and I are all planning on going, BUT we were told to "try not to go out" during rush!! plus i am sure lots of sorority girls will be there. what do i do?? should i not go? because i really want to go and have fun, but i dont want to ruin my chances of being in a house i love! any suggestions are appreciated :-) thanks!
Old 02-06-2001, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jammy12:
ok this is to anyone whos on now or within the next few hours........a frat on my campus is having a party tonight at a club, they rented it out. My friends and I are all planning on going, BUT we were told to "try not to go out" during rush!! plus i am sure lots of sorority girls will be there. what do i do?? should i not go? because i really want to go and have fun, but i dont want to ruin my chances of being in a house i love! any suggestions are appreciated :-) thanks!

We are forbidden to go out during Rush. If it is recommended not to go out - don't. I can promise that no one will notice that you aren't there, but they sure will notice if you are there! What if something happens and you are put in a comprimising situation and a bunch of the girls see you??? You'll have plenty of parties to attend. For me - I vote don't go! But good luck with rush!!

Allie
Old 02-06-2001, 08:16 PM

Exclamation

Don't go out - you might end up with yukky circles under your eyes tomorrow, boys do that! No seriously, if you were advised by your Rho Chi not to go out don't. For all the reasons Allie mentioned. If you are going stir crazy go to a movie or something.
Old 02-06-2001, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldnt go.

Kevin
Old 02-06-2001, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

everyone's right... don't go out during rush. it makes things feel awkward for the sisters, since i'm sure they aren't even allowed to talk to you this week (outside of rush events). the sisters don't want to run into you out at night, so don't make them unhappy with you. if this is a fraternity party, OF COURSE some of the girls will be there. you'll only piss people off by going out tonight... you won't earn "cool points" by being at this one party.

[This message has been edited by twinstars (edited February 06, 2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I just got back from the progressive dinner at my school. I got to go to each chapter's house and meet the girls. It was so fun! I loved all of the sororities, but I still say that I feel the most comfortable with Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Phi. I will definitely be attending their C.O.B. events this week. I am so excited!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2001, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

YEAH PRAISEDANCER!! I am so glad to hear that you had a great rush so far. Where are you at? I am especially excited to hear that the Alpha Gam Legacy lives on... Not only that, but I hope you can see from others on here that AGD is a tight sisterhood. You can also go to www.alphagam.net to look at more bulletin boards from sisters of AGD.. I think we are the only NPC group to have such a board. Good luck and let me know what happens!

------------------
If your going to go greek, why not be a goddess?
Old 02-07-2001, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok thank you guys sooooo much for ur advice. Of course I didn't take it though...i havent been out much and it was also my friend's birthday!! There were a bunch of girls there from Sigma Kappa but i dont even think they noticed me, and if they did, i didnt do anything stupid! But anyways, set of 10 starts tonight, i'll let u guys know how it went! And thanks again for the good advice ;-)
Old 02-07-2001, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from pizza and the basketball game with Alpha Gamma Delta. I had a wonderful time. I am so excited--they offered me a bid tonight!! I think I am going to accept it because I just love these girls! I know that I would fit right in with them and they are so down to earth and real-not to mention hilarious! That all means a lot to me. I was so suprised that they offered me a bid tonight. Last night, they were saying that they weren't offering any bids until they've seen you at least three times. I received this one within an hour tonight. So, it looks like, as of tomorrow, I will be an Alpha Gam!!! Thank you everyone for all of your help and advice. You have no idea how much it has meant to me.
Old 02-07-2001, 11:21 PM
Unregistered-

Cool

Praisedancer, I am so happy that you have chosen to accept AGD's bid. This is only the beginning for you and I'm sure that you will have a great time with your chapter!

Best of luck to you and remember to keep us posted!

Loyally,
Sandy
AGD-Delta Sigma Chapter

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 02-08-2001, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, congrats praisedancer! Ok so tonight was the first night of set of 10. I went to SDT, Sig Kap, AEPhi, AOPi, and AChiO. I liked them all actually! serioulsy this is gonna be tough. We did little philantrhopy projects too, which was cute. OK so tomorrow i go to the other 5! im excited, though this is getting tiring! haha byebye
Old 02-08-2001, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

praisedancer,

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Panhellenically,

imsohappythatiama