GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,463
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, RogelioLan
» Online Users: 2,398
4 members and 2,394 guests
amIblue?, oncegreek, robrtospitty274

Old 08-18-2011, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a minor correction on someone's earlier post - there were 1180 bids given out...one of the girls on the bid list was listed twice.

Gamma Phi Beta took 70 amazing new members including 4 - yes 4!! - local girls I wrote recs AND did hometown honey powerpoint slides for. One was a Gamma Phi legacy - the chapter pledged 10 out of 17 legacies going thru - but my local Gamma Phi sister is totally over the (crescent) moon about her daughter going Gamma Phi! Three of the girls I rec'd who pledged Gamma Phi are in the Honors program and the other was close to being eligible for it. They are gorgeous amazing girls and I am so HAPPY!!!!!!

And swtxbelle - there are no Katy TX girls I can find on the list so they may be listed by some other Texas city name? PM me and I can look.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

"Remember that most houses at UGA have enough legacies going through to fill their pledge class twice over. Just because your grandmother was a PQR, and your mother was a PQR, and all your cousins are PQRs... doesn't mean you will be too. My roommate in college got dropped from her legacy house after 3rd round and was a multiple legacy. By then, she'd been rude enough about her legacy status that several other chapters had released her for just that."

Unfortunately, I am not a legacy for any house. I will also be a sophomore for years recruitment. Am I sort of out of luck when it comes to recruitment due to circumstances?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, you are all over these threads and asking questions when you've been told a multitude of times to READ THE THREADS. Your questions have all been answered 100 times here in one place or another. My suggestion to you is do not write another post or respond to one until you have spent, and I mean this literally, 5 hours doing nothing but reading threads. You're asking stupid questions and I don't know what else we can tell you about that.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfergirrl View Post
"Remember that most houses at UGA have enough legacies going through to fill their pledge class twice over. Just because your grandmother was a PQR, and your mother was a PQR, and all your cousins are PQRs... doesn't mean you will be too. My roommate in college got dropped from her legacy house after 3rd round and was a multiple legacy. By then, she'd been rude enough about her legacy status that several other chapters had released her for just that."

Unfortunately, I am not a legacy for any house. I will also be a sophomore for years recruitment. Am I sort of out of luck when it comes to recruitment due to circumstances?
A lot of the upperclassmen I know who received bids were not legacies to the house that bid them. UGA has an upperclassman total which is designed to give sophomores/transfers a more even playing field. The GLO can better explain how the upperclassman total works at UGA.
I think there are several Transfer Recruitment Stories posted on this forum. Maybe you would feel more confident if you read through them?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaB View Post
I think there are several Transfer Recruitment Stories posted on this forum. Maybe you would feel more confident if you read through them?
What she said!

Can't get a bid if you won't register!