GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 326,123
Threads: 115,529
Welcome to our newest member, Jamesfrido
» Online Users: 760
2 members and 758 guests
fmanning, Jamesfrido

Old 07-13-2024, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Haha why you got so much bad blood with Detroit? We had our Conclave there in 2017. I didnít see any problems. I had a nice time.
He lived in one of the worst areas of the state of Michigan (Jackson) and visited another of the worst areas (Flint) while there. He hates everything about the state based on those two cities. There are parts of Detroit that are bad- really bad. But downtown is busy and vibrant and very safe. I work for a family owned company who owns a lot of the downtown area and the security in that area is unreal. It's also spotless. Even when it's snowing, they have people shoveling snow every 10 minutes to keep the sidewalks clear. It's like being at Disney World when you're in the District Detroit (where sports arenas, concert venues, resrauants, etc. are).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2024, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
The Beast is a General Motors vehicle. Iíve worked in Detroit for 35 years and have never been carjacked or robbed or a victim of any crime in any way.
Youíre just one person though. Isnít it a Cadillac? I thought Cadillac was a General Motors car.
Quote:
Haha why you got so much bad blood with Detroit? We had our Conclave there in 2017. I didnít see any problems. I had a nice time.
Whatís good about Michigan? What is that state known for other than Detroit, ranked number 3 with the worst crime rate. I remember PB saying the auto industry there failed because they were making shitty cars. So they no longer have an auto industry.
Quote:
He lived in one of the worst areas of the state of Michigan (Jackson) and visited another of the worst areas (Flint) while there. He hates everything about the state based on those two cities. There are parts of Detroit that are bad- really bad. But downtown is busy and vibrant and very safe. I work for a family owned company who owns a lot of the downtown area and the security in that area is unreal. It's also spotless. Even when it's snowing, they have people shoveling snow every 10 minutes to keep the sidewalks clear. It's like being at Disney World when you're in the District Detroit (where sports arenas, concert venues, resrauants, etc. are).
What major city in Michigan is nice?
Old 07-13-2024, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting how right when CG disappears, Trump gets shot. When I found out the shooter committed suicide, I knew then it wasnít CG. That doesnít sound like her Lol.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Youíre just one person though. Isnít it a Cadillac? I thought Cadillac was a General Motors car.

Whatís good about Michigan? What is that state known for other than Detroit, ranked number 3 with the worst crime rate. I remember PB saying the auto industry there failed because they were making shitty cars. So they no longer have an auto industry.

Downtown Detroit, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Sault Ste Marie, Rochester, among others.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
You’re just one person though. Isn’t it a Cadillac? I thought Cadillac was a General Motors car.

What’s good about Michigan? What is that state known for other than Detroit, ranked number 3 with the worst crime rate. I remember PB saying the auto industry there failed because they were making shitty cars. So they no longer have an auto industry.

Y’all should see some parts of Houston. Some places here make the bad parts of Detroit look like a cakewalk in a nice suburb. San Antonio is even worse.

Quote:
Interesting how right when CG disappears, Trump gets shot. When I found out the shooter committed suicide, I knew then it wasn’t CG. That doesn’t sound like her Lol.
It was a guy registered as a Republican.

Last edited by Zach; 07-14-2024 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Downtown Detroit, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Sault Ste Marie, Rochester, among others.
The cities I havenít been to are probably nicer than, Flint, Detroit, and Jackson, but what isnít nicer than Detroit, and what is there to do in those other cities? Whatís there to do in Michigan? Yíall donít really have anything there tourists want to see. Didnít yíall file bankruptcy? How does a whole city go bankrupt? Michigan is the only state Iíve seen advertise on a commercial, as ďPure MichiganĒ. Thatís what they were advertising when I made a mistake and took a promotion to move there. Worst mistake I ever made. Why would yíall advertise? Is it because the state wants to entice people to spend their money there? There literally is nothing to do there.

Quote:
Yíall should see some parts of Houston. Some places here make the bad parts of Detroit look like a cakewalk in a nice suburb. San Antonio is even worse.

Iíll take Texas over Michigan any day.

Iím wondering what his motive was.
Old 07-14-2024, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
According to Reuters, the guy actually made a donation to a progressive left cause:

"A resident of Bethel Park, about an hour away from where the shooting occurred, Crooks was a registered Republican who would have been eligible to cast his first presidential vote in the Nov. 5 election in which Trump is challenging President Joe Biden. Public records show his father is a registered Republican and mother a registered Democrat.

Federal Election Commission filings show Crooks appears to have made a small $15 donation several years ago to a political action committee called ActBlue that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians. The donation was earmarked for the Progressive Turnout Project, a national group that rallies Democrats to vote. The groups did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment."

Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/her...er-2024-07-14/

True and Constant
Old 07-14-2024, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
According to Reuters, the guy actually made a donation to a progressive left cause:

"A resident of Bethel Park, about an hour away from where the shooting occurred, Crooks was a registered Republican who would have been eligible to cast his first presidential vote in the Nov. 5 election in which Trump is challenging President Joe Biden. Public records show his father is a registered Republican and mother a registered Democrat.

Federal Election Commission filings show Crooks appears to have made a small $15 donation several years ago to a political action committee called ActBlue that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians. The donation was earmarked for the Progressive Turnout Project, a national group that rallies Democrats to vote. The groups did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment."

Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/her...er-2024-07-14/
Based on the Reuters article, I don’t see how they’re going to find a motive. Seems like nothing is connecting the “why” behind it.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Been avoiding lots of repetitive media since Friday's Trump Event, so haven't seen/heard whether this has been mentioned: it's interesting to listen to the words Trump was speaking just before he was shot, in relation to what happened immediately after he said them.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Been avoiding lots of repetitive media since Friday's Trump Event, so haven't seen/heard whether this has been mentioned: it's interesting to listen to the words Trump was speaking just before he was shot, in relation to what happened immediately after he said them.
Rumor has it that it may have been staged? Yíall think it was staged? I wouldnít put anything past his crooked ass.
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

CG is the biggest Trump and Trump supporter hater on the planet, but she hasn’t been around to post her thoughts on it Lol.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Rumor has it that it may have been staged? Yíall think it was staged? I wouldnít put anything past his crooked ass.
Don't want to start any rumors or begin too many octo-arms of speculation. Thought of it more as an interesting thing, funny in its own strange way.

Is anyone aware whether that phrase is common in Trump's all-over-the-map, rambling speeches?

Rather surprised Trump didn't stay fully covered under/behind his Secret Service agents, or at least ducking down as they stood him up and moved him. Drama Mama Donald, pumping those fists like a baby. A second/third/etc shooter would've had a rather clear target, just sayin'.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old Today, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
CG is the biggest Trump and Trump supporter hater on the planet, but she hasn’t been around to post her thoughts on it Lol.
That’s because I’ve been out of town on vacation since July 6, visiting Florida and right now, your favorite state. MICHIGAN! Woohoo!

I have no compassion or remorse for Donald Trump or for any of his supporters, including the ones who were at his most recent, pointless rally (injured or not). You reap what you sow. But I do feel badly for our country.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!