GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,342
5 members and 2,337 guests
JayhawkAOII, LaneSig, TLLK

Old 07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Question about rushing

Hey everyone... I was hoping you all could give me some advice. I'll be transferring to a four year, UC Santa Barbara, as a junior and was thinking about rushing. My Bf is an SAE and it seems like so much fun. But after doing some research I'm a little concerned that juniors are generally not considered. I know UCSB has 10 sororities but I don't know how competitive their rush is. The more I've learned about sororities the more I feel like this is something I want to be apart of, I'm a little anxious that I will be at a disadvatage b/c of my year. Does anyone have any info or advice that might be helpful?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2004, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I was also a transfer as a Junior and that was one of my concerns. My organization accepted me though and it was the best decision I ever made. I may have missed some of the "stuff" as a younger new member but I am now making up for it I feel as an active alumna. Remember that sisterhood is for a lifetime, and not just while in undergrad. Good luck to you
Old 07-12-2004, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

from what i hear, california schools are very accepting of juniors and seniors. they are not as competitive as southern school rush where being a junior is not really considered a plus. california is typically more laid back.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I went through rush as a junior and was accepted. All I can say is that is to better to try then to just sit around wondering what could have been. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I rushed as a junior at Cal State Long Beach & it was never a bad thing. Don't let it hinder your plans! Go for it & have fun!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Ditto. While the UC schools are very competitive academically, their Greek Life is more concentrated on who's a good fit for the chapters, regardless of year in school.

****A lot of the UC's also do informal recruitment after the formal recruitment period, and this is when they pick up a lot of valuable upperclassmen.

Sign up for recruitment. If you don't enjoy the Greek System, you have plenty of other options. If it's not for you, UCSB has a ton of campus organizations where you will undoubtedly find your niche.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

First of all let me tell you how jealous I am of you for going to UCSB! My best friend goes there and the campus is just beautiful! From what I have heard the greek life over there is pretty relaxed compared to southern greek life. MY best advice to you is to be yourself. Don't try and be anything you aren't because in the end you wont be happy! PM me if you have any other questions!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with recruitment I'm hoping you find your new home!