GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,274
0 members and 2,274 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Important Question--All Ladies Of Alpha Kappa Alpha Respond ASAP

This is the situation, my school the Alpha's have a thing called Alpha Oscars. Well the award for Hater of the year is voted on by the student population and the award went to the ladies of AKA. Well my friend came off line a couple of weeks later. My friend is also my Frat Brother in the Co-Ed National Service Fraternity Alpha Phi Omega.

Yes, we are both females. Anyway so oneday she just gets it in her head that she wants to pull rank on me in front of a group of people, a couple were Alpha's so she thought that she had back up. So she starts saying how I'm too outspoken, and that I can only be a Zeta or a Delta because that looks like where I belong. So I became offended and we had words. So then she called me a hater and I said "I'm not the one that got hater of the year". So then she accuses me of having a hatred or vendetta against Alpha Kappa Alpha.

When she knows full well that , is my weak spot because at the time my dad and my stepmom were gettting a divorce and she's an AKA and at that point decided to severe all ties to my dad's children so I practically hated everything she stood for and that was associated with her, but I told her that I had no malice in my heart towards AKA and that my anger was directed at her not her letters.

So then she says that I better not think of coming to Alpha Kappa Alpha because they would turn me around at the door. She then said that I don't belong in greek life because I have a bad attitude. Mind you this all stemmed from the fact that she thought that I should just stand there and take the crap that she dished out. That is totally out of my nature.

I really haven't made up my mind which organization fits my personality but the some of the principles that Alpha Kappa Alpha stand for have captured my attention.

I am not the type of individual that walks away from a challenge, my question is, should I still consider pursuing membership at this particular chapter if I find that Alpha Kappa Alpha is for me or just forget about it all together.

I would hope that the members that know me wouldn't be prejudice because of what she says, since she has of late becoem the talk of the campus since she was overheard to say that she should have joined another organization.

Sincerely,
~~Corporate Lady~~
You may also e-mail me privately at: FutureAttorney@law.com

All Advice is Greatly Appreciated
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Closed Thread