GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,294
2 members and 2,292 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostateksig View Post
so i heard Theta Chi is still going to be active in SDSU. i was like WTF they have such a forgiving HQ if it were mine we would be kicked the fuck off.

they are in reorganization so most of the guys are going to get booted to start with fresh new ppl. but still hahaa.
They had a decent sized Spring class....they may be able to start with that...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

A reorg is pretty intense. You would have to talk to an actual OX but from what I know it's the last resort before yanking the charter. The OX over here was reorged in 2000. They went from 30-40 to something like 5 or 6. It works though, hearing stories of how they were back them and being close friends with a lot of them now.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
A reorg is pretty intense. You would have to talk to an actual OX but from what I know it's the last resort before yanking the charter. The OX over here was reorged in 2000. They went from 30-40 to something like 5 or 6. It works though, hearing stories of how they were back them and being close friends with a lot of them now.
Yeah pretty much.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Amazing.
I concur - I'm calling WTF on this too. Our OX was closed for things that were a LOT less severe than this.

There must be something we don't know about for them to keep this chapter open - even if they are reorganizing, theirs was the name that got bandied about the most in this deal. Do they have a super expensive house there or something?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

You know, even if Theta Chi is willing to reorg, Is the school letting them stay on? That is a little wried as most schools would kick off a GLO in a moment if it was involved in something like this.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I concur - I'm calling WTF on this too. Our OX was closed for things that were a LOT less severe than this.

There must be something we don't know about for them to keep this chapter open - even if they are reorganizing, theirs was the name that got bandied about the most in this deal. Do they have a super expensive house there or something?

Yeah dont get me wrong i mean it was only a handful of the actual members and i get along with Theta Chi at my school but damn this is too crazy. i feel you i bet if other charters were pulled for little dumb things. i guess my friend told me (SDSU STudent) that they are in the process of building a 5 or so million dollar house so maybe that? and well the chapter has been around for a while too so idk but still haha.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Are they still going to be recognized by SDSU? They may still be active according to National OX, but I would be surprised if SDSU said "no worries guys, you can still participate in all greek activities and represent SDSU with your upstanding morals and classy brothers." Doubtful.

"You used Ghostbusters for evil!" - Liz Lemon
Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaK619 View Post
Are they still going to be recognized by SDSU? They may still be active according to National OX, but I would be surprised if SDSU said "no worries guys, you can still participate in all greek activities and represent SDSU with your upstanding morals and classy brothers." Doubtful.
well, i don't think they'll have more than 10 brothers for the next couple of years or so, so it's pretty much a moot point