GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,291
1 members and 1,290 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Sophomore Spring Rush

So, I just joined these forums recently, and have been lurking around for a while. I read the stickies and feel somewhat familiar with greek life now... I wish I had discovered this website over the summer, before fall recruitment!

I did indeed Rush this fall (if anybody is really curious, my rush journal* starts here. (Click 'next entry' near the top to read the story if you actually feel like it )). I figure at this point posting my store here in the story forum would be redundant.

For those of you who don't feel like reading it (and I don't blame you!), here's a summary of my situation.

Short Version
As a sophomore at University of Arizona, who rushed in the fall and ended up getting no callbacks on pref night, do you think it would be better to Rush in the spring, or wait until Junior year? I have a few houses I love and would be devastated if they didn't do Spring Rush (which they may not, depending on pledge class size unfortunately, but their numbers haven't been posted yet). But I know that when Juniors rush, it can be as bad as pulling teeth, at a school as competitive as this (11 sororities at about 75 for a quota, and a rush class of 1100 or 1200 girls). Even if I will be here for 5+ years thanks to my recent change of major, I think it can look bad. I know that nobody can answer the question for me, but I am hoping for some good advice.

Long Version
I'm a sophomore, at University of Arizona. When I came here as a Freshman in fall 08, I decided to stay in-state because I had a good scholarship, and because I didn't want to go out-of-state if I couldn't go to my top choice school (which had rejected me). Incoming, I had zero desire to Rush. Admittedly now, all I knew of Greek life was the stereotypes, and because of that, I had no desire to participate. ("I'm an honors student. I don't have time to be sloppy and slutty.") (Yeah, I was kind of conceited as a freshman.)
But during my freshman year, I met some sorority members in some of my classes, and I changed a lot. There were actually some nice girls, and smart girls. But I was still pretty much convinced that they were all party hardies, and it wasn't my scene.

Over the summer, my sister asked me, "Are you going to Rush?" She is entering her senior year at the U, and never rushed. (Nobody in my family has ever been in greek life, minus my dad, who pledged his frat for a whole 3 days.) She hadn't Rushed because she hadn't known about it and it is one of her greatest regrets. So I finally decided, hey, Rushing doesn't mean I have to join! I can meet new people and if I don't like anybody, then I don' have to pledge anywhere.

So I registered for Rush and started keeping my Rush journal. I started with the mindset that "Okay, so they do philanthropies, but they're still sororities..."

I don't know when my mind has ever been more changed in my whole life. I had an opportunity to see Greek Life as it really is. It's true that UA is a big party school, but I learned that there's so much more to a sorority than the rumors and stereotypes. My experience was fun, and most importantly, I learned that Greek Life is something I want now, and have no reservations about.

From 11 during Set 1, I went to 4 during Set 2, and 2 during Set 3, and none during Preference. I have 1 sorority that is pretty much my favorite, but over the past few weeks, I have been considering it a bit more and I liked a lot more than just that one. I want the chance to Rush again.

I think the reason I was dropped was because of my grades. I started off my freshman year coming off of a strong HS gpa, and then in my second semester, I was really sick, so I missed a lot of class-- which lowered my GPA unfortunately. Even with an understanding of my circumstances, I am sure that sororities saw my gpa as a good reason to cut, when they had percentages to fill. I don't have any hard feelings about it. I know that nobody can tell me exactly why I was cut, but I strongly feel that if I had rushed Freshman year, nobody would have thought twice about my GPA. (It was way better.)
(If you did decide to read my rush journal, you'll see an anonymous person commented and referred me to these forums. Yeah, if I had come here BEFORE rush, things might have been much different...)

So here's my question (Sorry that it took so long to get to, lol). I really want the chance to Rush again, but at a big school like this, Spring Rush is in general not huge as far as sororities who attend. I think it is like... 4 sororities, tops, who participate. I'm not gonna lie, I will try to go into it with an open mind again, but I won't be able to entirely drop the opinions I have already formed about houses, when I rushed once.

If my top choice isn't doing spring rush, I am not sure that I should even want to do spring rush. Plus, if I wait for Fall Rush again, then at least I know I will have a (mostly) fair chance at all the sororities. The only problem is, I will be a junior, and I know that is a HUGE deal for many sororities.

But I will be here for 5 years, not 4, because I just changed my major. But I don't think that that would lessen the stigma entirely.

So I was wondering what advice anybody could offer me... I know it is ultimately up to me, but I still want more input.

Another thing, is that I didn't have ANY recs going through in the fall. I am the first in my family to go Greek, right, so where can I get letters from? IF I do Spring Rush, is it worth it to get recs? (I know there's alumnae associations and such, but I figure if I do need recs I will figure out that problem when I get to it.)

And if the anonymous from my journal finds me here, thanks for all your advice!

*I removed the link

~~OK, thanks for reading this all! Have a nice weekend, everybody!

Last edited by Sablia; 10-25-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sablia View Post
So, I just joined these forums recently, and have been lurking around for a while. I read the stickies and feel somewhat familiar with greek life now... I wish I had discovered this website over the summer, before fall recruitment!

I did indeed Rush this fall (if anybody is really curious, my rush journal* starts here. (Click 'next entry' near the top to read the story if you actually feel like it ). I figure at this point posting my store here in the story forum would be redundant.

For those of you who don't feel like reading it (and I don't blame you!), here's a summary of my situation.

Short Version
As a sophomore at University of Arizona, who rushed in the fall and ended up getting no callbacks on pref night, do you think it would be better to Rush in the spring, or wait until Junior year? I have a few houses I love and would be devastated if they didn't do Spring Rush (which they may not, depending on pledge class size unfortunately, but their numbers haven't been posted yet). But I know that when Juniors rush, it can be as bad as pulling teeth, at a school as competitive as this (11 sororities at about 75 for a quota, and a rush class of 1100 or 1200 girls). Even if I will be here for 5+ years thanks to my recent change of major, I think it can look bad. I know that nobody can answer the question for me, but I am hoping for some good advice.

Long Version
I'm a sophomore, at University of Arizona. When I came here as a Freshman in fall 08, I decided to stay in-state because I had a good scholarship, and because I didn't want to go out-of-state if I couldn't go to my top choice school (which had rejected me). Incoming, I had zero desire to Rush. Admittedly now, all I knew of Greek life was the stereotypes, and because of that, I had no desire to participate. ("I'm an honors student. I don't have time to be sloppy and slutty.") (Yeah, I was kind of conceited as a freshman.)
But during my freshman year, I met some sorority members in some of my classes, and I changed a lot. There were actually some nice girls, and smart girls. But I was still pretty much convinced that they were all party hardies, and it wasn't my scene.

Over the summer, my sister asked me, "Are you going to Rush?" She is entering her senior year at the U, and never rushed. (Nobody in my family has ever been in greek life, minus my dad, who pledged his frat for a whole 3 days.) She hadn't Rushed because she hadn't known about it and it is one of her greatest regrets. So I finally decided, hey, Rushing doesn't mean I have to join! I can meet new people and if I don't like anybody, then I don' have to pledge anywhere.

So I registered for Rush and started keeping my Rush journal. I started with the mindset that "Okay, so they do philanthropies, but they're still sororities..."

I don't know when my mind has ever been more changed in my whole life. I had an opportunity to see Greek Life as it really is. It's true that UA is a big party school, but I learned that there's so much more to a sorority than the rumors and stereotypes. My experience was fun, and most importantly, I learned that Greek Life is something I want now, and have no reservations about.

From 11 during Set 1, I went to 4 during Set 2, and 2 during Set 3, and none during Preference. I have 1 sorority that is pretty much my favorite, but over the past few weeks, I have been considering it a bit more and I liked a lot more than just that one. I want the chance to Rush again.

I think the reason I was dropped was because of my grades. I started off my freshman year coming off of a strong HS gpa, and then in my second semester, I was really sick, so I missed a lot of class-- which lowered my GPA unfortunately. Even with an understanding of my circumstances, I am sure that sororities saw my gpa as a good reason to cut, when they had percentages to fill. I don't have any hard feelings about it. I know that nobody can tell me exactly why I was cut, but I strongly feel that if I had rushed Freshman year, nobody would have thought twice about my GPA. (It was way better.)
(If you did decide to read my rush journal, you'll see an anonymous person commented and referred me to these forums. Yeah, if I had come here BEFORE rush, things might have been much different...)

So here's my question (Sorry that it took so long to get to, lol). I really want the chance to Rush again, but at a big school like this, Spring Rush is in general not huge as far as sororities who attend. I think it is like... 4 sororities, tops, who participate. I'm not gonna lie, I will try to go into it with an open mind again, but I won't be able to entirely drop the opinions I have already formed about houses, when I rushed once.

If my top choice isn't doing spring rush, I am not sure that I should even want to do spring rush. Plus, if I wait for Fall Rush again, then at least I know I will have a (mostly) fair chance at all the sororities. The only problem is, I will be a junior, and I know that is a HUGE deal for many sororities.

But I will be here for 5 years, not 4, because I just changed my major. But I don't think that that would lessen the stigma entirely.

So I was wondering what advice anybody could offer me... I know it is ultimately up to me, but I still want more input.

Another thing, is that I didn't have ANY recs going through in the fall. I am the first in my family to go Greek, right, so where can I get letters from? IF I do Spring Rush, is it worth it to get recs? (I know there's alumnae associations and such, but I figure if I do need recs I will figure out that problem when I get to it.)

And if the anonymous from my journal finds me here, thanks for all your advice!

*As far as my Rush Journal goes, I had posted the names of the sororities I went to, and I basically didn't leave anything out. Do you think I should go back and edit this information to make it less obvious and to not be blunt about who I liked and didn't?

~~OK, thanks for reading this all! Have a nice weekend, everybody!
Holy ridiculously long post Batman.

As far as your questions, I have some advice:

If your GPA is questionable, you will NEED to bring it up if you're going to try again. If it's low, you have no chance.

Your journal makes it sounds as though you were only interested in certain chapters.

If you plan on going through spring or fall recruitment only wanting your "favorite" chapters, you are probably going to have a tough time.

Also, these threads about UA may be helpful:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...hlight=arizona

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...hlight=arizona

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-24-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry about the long post I hope it wasn't too bad!

I really, really, REALLY understand the importance of grades! (As an honors student ) I am definitely working hard this semester to bring my gpa up, and I hopefully will stay healthy, so that will be better too! I think that is one of the best things I can do for myself at this point.

I suppose I was only interested in certain chapters. During Set 1 I had a blast at them all and I posted after I had thought about it a bit. I tried to go into it with an open mind and I definitely understand that I haven't given most of the chapters a fair chance (how could I, spending less than an hour with them total?). When I do recruitment again, my goal is to be as openminded as I can. I really know that I owe most of these girls and their sororities more time to present themselves than the time I have given them to be judged, and I need to give them all a chance. The more I think about it, the more I am determined to give it my best shot-- to really not decide anything, before Rush even begins. Yes, I had my favorites last fall. (This fall? Whatever.) But when I Rush later, it will be a new recruitment period, and I should try to start fresh.

It's hard to not take into account things you've learned before, but I will try.

The more I think about it, the more I want a fair shot at regular recruitment again. Part of me wants Spring Recuitment because it will get here faster, but part of me doesn't want to limit myself to 4 out of 11 sororities. My question is, how bad exactly IS the stigma associated with being a Junior? Even if I am going to be there for 3 more years?

Waiting til fall COULD give me enough time to bring my grades up even more... but still, is it worth the risk?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I was in your exact position (except for I was a freshman when I rushed, not a Sophomore). So - my advice is that you kick ass on your exams and bring up your GPA, rush in the Spring, and if you get a bid, that means you can actually live in the house next year instead of having to wait until your senior year! I rushed in the Spring, and only went to one house (my favorite during recruitment, which dropped me before pref) and I didn't feel like I had made the wrong choice. You've been through formal - you already know which houses you do and don't like. For people who don't go through formal and only do Spring rush, then yeah, they should go to as many houses as possible.

And as far as rushing next year and being a senior, I'm not going to lie, no sorority is going to see that as a good thing. To some, it might not be so bad, but that really depends on how competitive your school is. Longevity is what a lot of chapters are looking for right off the bat.

Long story short - why wait? Raise your GPA this semester, then GO FOR IT (especially if you're interested in living in the house)! You WON'T regret it!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't see why you feel the need to choose between spring and fall. Go through spring, visit all the participating chapters, and if you get a bid to any of them, reevaluate whether you could find your home there. You'll meet sorority women this semester. You'll meet more and different sisters in each chapter. Your perception could very well change if you stop fixating on your favorites.

It does sound like you are set on a couple chapters and are basically looking for validation to blow off spring and just wait for fall to have another shot at your favorites. You have to ask yourself if you would rather not be Greek if you can't be in House 1 or House 9 (You should probably remove the philanthropies from each in your blog, because that gives them away). Chances are the chapters that are participating in spring are going to be your best chance for fall anyway.

In most cases, PNMs' results do not improve as time goes on unless the PNM improves in deficient areas. Arizona is about as competitive as it gets outside the SEC/BigXII. Raising your grades as much as you possibly can and really working on your conversational skills may not be enough to get you a bid from House 1 or 9. Many sororities require 5th year students to go alum, which is why staying an extra year might not help your case.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I skimmed your journal; your descriptions of August in Arizona were spot-on. Brutal!

It might behoove you to restrict access to your journal, or at least edit the specific references to some houses or to their philanthropies.

Please check with the Greek Office at the University of Arizona to see if any chapters will be participating in spring rush or COB. The Greek Office will be your best resource. It is not unheard of to pledge a junior or two, but those members are typically outstanding in every area. If memory serves, all chapters at UA made quota this past fall, either through formal recruitment, or through COB; again, check with Greek Life to see what your options are.

The most important factor, that I cannot stress enough, is that all chapters focus heavily on grades and give very high weight to GPA. We are specifically looking for academically strong potential new members. All houses want to be #1 in Scholarship for ASA; they face some stiff competition from one another and sometimes are separated by .01 of a grade point.

The Panhellenic system at Arizona is thriving. Approximately 1200 women signed up for recruitment this past August. Good luck, whatever you decide!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu_aoii View Post
...So - my advice is that you kick ass on your exams and bring up your GPA, rush in the Spring, and if you get a bid, that means you can actually live in the house next year instead of having to wait until your senior year!
Nothing to add except for this possible clarification/correction, though granted I don't know the specifics on this particular campus. Most housing lists now days are determined in early spring so those members who will not be living in have plenty of time to find alternative housing. Therefore depending on when spring Informal Recruitment occurs the list might already be determined and leases signed.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to clarify something for any current UA students or any UA graduates. If I have offended anyone, I'm really sorry. That wasn't the point of this thread and I haven't meant to upset anyone. When I wrote my blog, I was mostly writing for my parents, so I am sure I sound rather harsh in it. The truth is, I did not hate any house, and they were all so nice to me, even though I made it clear I was super shy, introverted, and didn't like to drink. If I made it sound like I hated any one particular chapter, I didn't mean to. That wasn't really my intention, and I am sure I made the ones I didn't see myself in, sound worse than they were. All that I was meaning to say was that even though some of them were still super nice, I couldn't see myself fitting in there. I just wanted to clear that up, because I know my journal sounded kind of... bad, to those who read it.

Aoii (can I call you Blue? ): You're probably right. Sleeping and thinking with a clearer head made me see that there's no point in waiting. Rushing my Junior year could be fun again, but it would be really hard, and I'd be missing out on a lot of opportunities.

I'd like to live in house, possibly, but I guess it depends on which house I get into Most of the houses seem nice, but I only got 2 house tours, so I can't really make that judgement yet

I wanted to add that at UA, we have to visit every participating house, so even if there is a house I don't see myself at, there's a chance I might go back the next day anyway. I of course think that in this case, it's all about the manners, and unfortunately when some girls get called back to a house they ranked low, they are quite rude. I make a point to always be at the least, very polite. But one way or the other, I can't pick who I rush.

VioletPretty: I didn't know that 5th year students sometimes have to go alum so it's even more important for me to go in the Spring, I guess. That way I would at least have an extra semester of being an active, too.

I guess you're right and a part of me did want to skip Spring Rush but I've thought about it more and I only visited my favorite houses for maybe an hour, total, during the week. So for all I know, my perception of them is limited, and I could really be missing out on another great chapter/opportunity if I was too fixated on just the small percent of houses I actually had a chance to see. I'm going to definitely do Spring Rush, and go in with an open mind, and make an effort to show all the sororities that I'd love to be in their chapters! And if I get a bid great, and if not... lol, well then, I guess it's fall rush but I'd be a junior by then... maybe I'd check out non-NPC sororities

AzTheta: Thanks for your help! I emailed the Greek Life Office and I think they must be closed for the weekend (so I am just a little eager to get this show on the road!). I think Spring Rush sounds better and better, if all chapters are planning on making quota. There's HUGE numbers of girls rushing every year now; it's almost as if 11 sororities just doesn't cut it... But I enjoy them all anyway

So I guess I will focus a lot on grades and really try to bring up my GPA. (I checked on this tool called the A/B deficit calculator and I at least SHOULD be able to attain a 3.0 without much concern, but I am aiming higher... would a 3.0 be considered not all that good?)

Zillini: That's good to know! I will keep it in mind! Thanks so much, I didn't actually understood how it worked... so I will cross my fingers

Thanks everyone for your help. What I am getting is to participate in Spring Rush because if I don't I will be wasting a valuable opportunity; To work a LOT on my grades this semester; to get in touch with Greek Life now, to get information; and to not just fixate on the houses I liked a lot last time, but to be openminded again. Is it about right?

OK, thank you all for your advice! I will try my hardest to do all that and it all makes sense. Thanks for the advice about my journal, I will go edit it. Also, anybody have any more advice?

Thanks all

Last edited by Sablia; 10-25-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wanted to clarify something for any current UA students or any UA graduates. If I have offended anyone, I'm really sorry. That wasn't the point of this thread and I haven't meant to upset anyone. When I wrote my blog, I was mostly writing for my parents, so I am sure I sound rather harsh in it. The truth is, I did not hate any house, and they were all so nice to me, even though I made it clear I was super shy, introverted, and didn't like to drink. If I made it sound like I hated any one particular chapter, I didn't mean to. That wasn't really my intention, and I am sure I made the ones I didn't see myself in, sound worse than they were. All that I was meaning to say was that even though some of them were still super nice, I couldn't see myself fitting in there. I just wanted to clear that up, because I know my journal sounded kind of... bad, to those who read it.

Aoii (can I call you Blue? ): You're probably right. Sleeping and thinking with a clearer head made me see that there's no point in waiting. Rushing my Junior year could be fun again, but it would be really hard, and I'd be missing out on a lot of opportunities.

I'd like to live in house, possibly, but I guess it depends on which house I get into Most of the houses seem nice, but I only got 2 house tours, so I can't really make that judgement yet

I wanted to add that at UA, we have to visit every participating house, so even if there is a house I don't see myself at, there's a chance I might go back the next day anyway. I of course think that in this case, it's all about the manners, and unfortunately when some girls get called back to a house they ranked low, they are quite rude. I make a point to always be at the least, very polite. But one way or the other, I can't pick who I rush.

VioletPretty: I didn't know that 5th year students sometimes have to go alum so it's even more important for me to go in the Spring, I guess. That way I would at least have an extra semester of being an active, too.

I guess you're right and a part of me did want to skip Spring Rush but I've thought about it more and I only visited my favorite houses for maybe an hour, total, during the week. So for all I know, my perception of them is limited, and I could really be missing out on another great chapter/opportunity if I was too fixated on just the small percent of houses I actually had a chance to see. I'm going to definitely do Spring Rush, and go in with an open mind, and make an effort to show all the sororities that I'd love to be in their chapters! And if I get a bid great, and if not... lol, well then, I guess it's fall rush but I'd be a junior by then... maybe I'd check out non-NPC sororities

AzTheta: Thanks for your help! I emailed the Greek Life Office and I think they must be closed for the weekend (so I am just a little eager to get this show on the road!). I think Spring Rush sounds better and better, if all chapters are planning on making quota. There's HUGE numbers of girls rushing every year now; it's almost as if 11 sororities just doesn't cut it... But I enjoy them all anyway

So I guess I will focus a lot on grades and really try to bring up my GPA. (I checked on this tool called the A/B deficit calculator and I at least SHOULD be able to attain a 3.0 without much concern, but I am aiming higher... would a 3.0 be considered not all that good?)

Zillini: That's good to know! I will keep it in mind! Thanks so much, I didn't actually understood how it worked... so I will cross my fingers

Thanks everyone for your help. What I am getting is to participate in Spring Rush because if I don't I will be wasting a valuable opportunity; To work a LOT on my grades this semester; to get in touch with Greek Life now, to get information; and to not just fixate on the houses I liked a lot last time, but to be openminded again. Is it about right?

OK, thank you all for your advice! I will try my hardest to do all that and it all makes sense. Thanks for the advice about my journal, I will go edit it. Also, anybody have any more advice?

Thanks all
UA recruitment is extremely competitive and you have basically used your best chance of receiving a bid. There really isn't such a thing as a do-over here.

Without knowing details about you and your personality, the big objective things that hurt you during your first recruitment were:

-Class standing. Sophomores can get bids, although not frequently. Freshmen have a huge advantage.
-Grades. Academics are very important with UA sororities, and particularly important with one you were in love with. Why would a chapter keep inviting back a sophomore with marginal grades when they could invite a freshman with a 4.0 they liked just as much?
-Recs. You need them at all the UA chapters.
-Blog. You didn't do yourself any favors by putting that blog up. Although chapters may not have seen it during recruitment, they most certainly have now. It's pretty obvious who you are and VERY obvious which chapters you're talking about.

So there really aren't a lot of things you can change in that list come fall. AFAIK everyone made quota and the few chapters who may have COR/spring recruitment will be the very same houses you didn't like during formal.

Juniors occasionally get bids, but they aren't shy, introrverted, uninvolved re-rushers with marginal GPAs. They are women who are already well known to the members and truly extraordinary in all areas. You're also dealing with chapters that have a "once cut always cut" policy, so even if you change radically before fall, you'll still get cut from them immediately.

I know this all sounds harsh, but it's the reality you are dealing with here.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down View Post
UA recruitment is extremely competitive and you have basically used your best chance of receiving a bid. There really isn't such a thing as a do-over here.

Without knowing details about you and your personality, the big objective things that hurt you during your first recruitment were:

-Class standing. Sophomores can get bids, although not frequently. Freshmen have a huge advantage.
-Grades. Academics are very important with UA sororities, and particularly important with one you were in love with. Why would a chapter keep inviting back a sophomore with marginal grades when they could invite a freshman with a 4.0 they liked just as much?
-Recs. You need them at all the UA chapters.
-Blog. You didn't do yourself any favors by putting that blog up. Although chapters may not have seen it during recruitment, they most certainly have now. It's pretty obvious who you are and VERY obvious which chapters you're talking about.

So there really aren't a lot of things you can change in that list come fall. AFAIK everyone made quota and the few chapters who may have COR/spring recruitment will be the very same houses you didn't like during formal.

Juniors occasionally get bids, but they aren't shy, introrverted, uninvolved re-rushers with marginal GPAs. They are women who are already well known to the members and truly extraordinary in all areas. You're also dealing with chapters that have a "once cut always cut" policy, so even if you change radically before fall, you'll still get cut from them immediately.

I know this all sounds harsh, but it's the reality you are dealing with here.
Applause.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there an echo in here?

Last edited by Benzgirl; 10-25-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: QFP over-kill!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I took my blog down. I guess I didn't realize it was such a big deal... but it's not like I can go back and change it so it's in the past and I'll learn from it.

I already said that I didn't hate any chapter, or mean to offend them. I really don't know what else I am supposed to say because that's the truth. I only HAVE strong opinions about 4 houses because they are the only ones I got callbacks to.

I might not be super-involved on campus but I am pretty involved. I'm in a few clubs and I try to attend events. I know I need to work on my grades and they won't be perfect, so that makes me a liability?

Basically, what you're saying is that at this point, I can't really join a GLO?

("Once Cut Always Cut" wouldn't that mean that since I got no bids in the first place, I can't ever get any again?)
Old 10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

The blog wasn't a big deal. Some people on here blow things out of proportion. Kind of like when they quote you over and over again.

Can you really join a GLO? We can't answer that. It never hurts to try, but at some universities your class rank and GPA will get in the way.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
And if I get a bid great, and if not... lol, well then, I guess it's fall rush but I'd be a junior by then... maybe I'd check out non-NPC sororities
Non-NPC sororities and/or co-ed fraternities are not a "consolation prize" for women who do not receive bids through NPC rush. Please do not treat them as such. KTHXBYE.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
The blog wasn't a big deal. Some people on here blow things out of proportion.
You know this since you're at Arizona too?