GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,329
0 members and 1,329 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2000, 01:37 AM
hs senior

Post What is the "best" sorority?

Hi, I am I high school senior who will be rushing in the fall. I know that everyone says to pick the house with the people that you like but tradionally which houses are concidered the "best". We already heard about the best frats so I was just wondering.--
to rush soon
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2000, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm curious- which frats did you hear were the best? Who told you?

The best sorority is the one in which you feel "right." Unfortunately, too much emphasis is placed on which group is the most attractive, the most classy, etc. Forgive me, but that's entirely bull****. The way the system is and the way it's supposed to be are entirely different. It's too bad that people derive all of their self worth from what other people think of them.

Be true to yourself and what you believe in, and you will find the right place. The best place may be different from what people (including your mom) tell you.

------------------
andrew watters
Theta Chi
Old 03-13-2000, 01:50 AM
Delta Love

Smile

Tri Delts!
Delta Delta Delta women are known for being smart, beautiful, and fun! At least on my campus, and I've heard the same hold true about others too. Also, not to be biased to just my sorority, but DG's (Delta Gamma) and Kappas (Kappa Kappa Gamma) are great sororities too. Remember just because you join one sorority doesn't mean you won't have friends in the others too. Good Luck with rush! Just remember to be yourself.
Old 03-13-2000, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

The "Best Sorority" is based on personal opinion. Each national sorority has chapters at different schools all over the US or the world in some cases. You will get different opinions from every person in this forum because they are going to be a bit partial to their own sorority. Each school is different, therefore each chapter of each sorority is different. What I suggest looking at is the sorority its self. What each sorority stands for, such as philanthropy. Decide what you think is best based on what you find. Each chapter of each sorority will have the same philanthropy and the same ideals and issues, but the people at each school are different. Decide if you want to join a social or professional sorority, or both. I'm partial to Delta Zeta and Sigma Alpha Iota because I am a sister of both. Check out your options, not every sorority is at every school. Look at the schools that you might want to attend and decide from there. You can't listen you anyone but yourself. You are the one who is deciding what sorority to join, don't let anyone sway your decision. Make your decision based on what each sorority stands for, nothing else, because sororities are not just about parties and people, they are about community too. They are about serving the community and helping people and orginizations. It's a lot of hard work to be in a sorority, but it is fun. So make your decision based on what you believe in.

------------------
"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

--Julia Roberts
(Steel Magnolias)

[This message has been edited by mgdzkm433 (edited March 13, 2000).]
Old 03-13-2000, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
HSSenior-

The 'best' sorority is the one in which you feel the most accepted and 'at home'. What might be a great chapter at one school, may not be as good at another school. Go into Formal Recruitment with an open mind. Research the national groups that are represented on the campus of your choice, see if the local chapters live up to their national goals and expectations and to yours.

Check out this Rush FAQ, I think it will help you a great deal.
http://panhellenic.tripod.com/FAQ.html

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

Old 03-13-2000, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I'm kinda partial to Phi Sigma Sigma I love my sorority and everything it stands for, so you should aim for the same thing. I would also like to point out that every sorority has good values based on making you the best you can be...and that is what you should get out of it. So I don't think there is a "best" sorority, they are all great. Good Luck!
Old 03-14-2000, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Well put amandapss.
Old 03-17-2000, 08:29 PM
glad to be a lion

Cool

Greek organizations provide wonderful leadership opportunities! Keep it greek!
Old 03-20-2000, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ElleDelta3
Thumbs up

Like Delta Love said...

Delta Delta Delta is where it is at. When you walk down the street wearing these letters people know that you are someone special. This is one of the most prestigious sororities in the nation. Everyone has heard of Tri Deltas, and are very highly regarded. Look at Elizabeth Dole, Leeza Gibbons, Dixie Carter, Princess Grace (Grace Kelly), Katie Couric, Farrah Fawcett, and Mary Tyler Moore, just a few examples of the many sucessful Tri Deltas. Go Tri Delta!!
Old 03-20-2000, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Everyone is going to partial to their own org. I am not sure where you are going to school, or what chapter they have there, but speaking as a former rho chi (rush counselor) the decision is best made when you keep an open mind and heart. Just because you may not be with the best looking girls or you are doesn't have to determine your personality. I could easily say I have friends in almost every greek org. on my campus. It doesn't matter what letters you put on as long as you are happy with yourself.

A Phi Mu
towson, MD
Old 03-20-2000, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

hs senior: its really a shame that you are already getting stereotypes put into your head from this website...you really need to go into rush unbiased. Remember there are some beautiful girls in every sorority, but that shouldn't matter. I sincerely hope that you do not base your decision on looks alone, because if you do I have a feeling you will not be happy with your overall sorority experience.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Love View Post
Tri Delts!
Delta Delta Delta women are known for being smart, beautiful, and fun! At least on my campus, and I've heard the same hold true about others too. Also, not to be biased to just my sorority, but DG's (Delta Gamma) and Kappas (Kappa Kappa Gamma) are great sororities too. Remember just because you join one sorority doesn't mean you won't have friends in the others too. Good Luck with rush! Just remember to be yourself.

I loved me the Tri-Delts when I was in school. Just awesome awesome girls. Along with the Kappas, and the Thetas. Tri-Delts seem to be pretty darn good on every campus (usually).
Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

wow... this thread is seven years old! How come you ressurected it? Just curious.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
wow... this thread is seven years old! How come you ressurected it? Just curious.
Stirring the pot is my guess. Or, a complete misunderstanding of how to read GC and see how old things are like replying to an OP who posted in 2003 about rushing and giving an actual reply when in fact, the OP is now an alum.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

ooooorrrrrr.........its a message board. Who cares.
Closed Thread