GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,415
4 members and 1,411 guests
acg233, Phrozen Sands, Sarak24034

Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
Natrina was (is) one of my prophytes. She is a born leader and a tremendous worker. What a great woman to meet!
I had to google the word "prophyte" she is incredible and very encouraging; I bet she is a wonderful teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
nah, i was just simply star struck. I met 2 of them and a chapter founder a few weeks after I crossed, and met another at convention. i was just so happy.
Lol!!

Last edited by GsuRT11; 07-30-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
nah, i was just simply star struck. I met 2 of them and a chapter founder a few weeks after I crossed, and met another at convention. i was just so happy.
One of the things I love about them is that they're humble. They try their hardest to be low profile (going so far as to request that people go easy with cameras at convention lol) and to try to convince everyone that they aren't superstars.

But, we all know they are.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet them

I never thought to ask that question to any members of TNX that I met because I was always so excited to hear about the organization and about them, however the more I surf through GC the more I wonder. Does college classification (freshmen, sophomore, junior or senior) affect recruitment decision!?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsuRT11 View Post
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet them

I never thought to ask that question to any members of TNX that I met because I was always so excited to hear about the organization and about them, however the more I surf through GC the more I wonder. Does college classification (freshmen, sophomore, junior or senior) affect recruitment decision!?
Are you asking if your classification should affect your decision to go through recruitment?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Are you asking if your classification should affect your decision to go through recruitment?
I am a senior, what I was asking was whether theta nu xi is reluctant in recruiting seniors in their undergrad chapters!? Should I still try to go through recruitment during undergrad or shoulda just wait to be recruited in a GAP chapter since you mentioned that they aren't a major difference between the two.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am a senior, what I was asking was whether theta nu xi is reluctant in recruiting seniors in their undergrad chapters!? Should I still try to go through recruitment during undergrad or shoulda just wait to be recruited in a GAP chapter since you mentioned that they aren't a major difference between the two.
I see. It's entirely your choice. Your classification isn't as important as your demonstrated commitment to the five tenets, your ability to articulate why Theta Nu Xi is the only place you belong, and your passion in expressing how you will utilize Theta Nu Xi as a vehicle to change your world for the better. That goes for both the undergraduate and GAP levels.

If the chapter is having a line, you have as good a chance as anyone else - freshman, sophomore, junior or senior - to be chosen. It's all in the way you present yourself.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
I see. It's entirely your choice. Your classification isn't as important as your demonstrated commitment to the five tenets, your ability to articulate why Theta Nu Xi is the only place you belong, and your passion in expressing how you will utilize Theta Nu Xi as a vehicle to change your world for the better. That goes for both the undergraduate and GAP levels.

If the chapter is having a line, you have as good a chance as anyone else - freshman, sophomore, junior or senior - to be chosen. It's all in the way you present yourself.
Thank you preciousjeni!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Chiming in

Quote:
Good morning!!!
How is everyone summer going!? I know I'm ready to be done with summer classes...2 more weeks!
I was googling multicultural Inc sororities after reading a threat about a copycat of TNX and was surprise to see the numerous sororities that embrace multicuturalism!! So my question for all the sisters of TNX, Inc is if u had a choice between various sororities (who has multicuturalism has a pillar) what made you pledge TNX!? If not, how did u come across TNX!?

Wishing everyone a marvelous day ^.^
A bientot!
Hello,

Thanks for the topic! I came across Theta Nu Xi years ago when I visited the website greekpages.com. I was in search of a sisterhood that didn't have "elitist" thoughts on race or culture. When I arrived at Theta, I found Theta Nu Xi. I read the mission statement and I knew she was right for me. I too loved the way that the sorority was thought out, and I loved the growth. I became a member in the spring of 2008 at the Zeta Chapter at GSU. :-) I haven't met any of the Founders yet, but I'm close friends with one of Zeta's chapter founders. My becoming a sister solidified our closeness. I'm also close to our very own, preciousjeni!

Thank you so much for starting this topic, I just wanted to chime in and give my 0.97 cents. Good luck on your Greek life endeavors!

~Pecan~