GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,187
1 members and 2,186 guests
Titchou

Old 11-04-2002, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Your organizations pin

I am curious, with all the pins on ebay available (at high prices!), it made me wonder: How much did you pay for your pin and what is considered average for your group? I know some groups do not offer different varieties of pins, but others offer all sorts of different jewels.So:

1)does your group offer different varieties?
2) how much was yours
3) did you get the standard or the upgrades?
4) is there a "pressure" in your chapter to get the more expensive ones?

I sound like a used car salesman!Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. Many different varieties. Here's where you can see a few.

Masters of Design Website

And here's MY badge.

It cost me $179 plus my chapter guard which wasn't all that much...

The standard badge is included in your initiation costs. So you might say it's free...

There is no pressure in my chapter to upgrade. In fact I'm the only one that's done it. Others intend to but haven't had the money.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-04-2002, 01:33 PM

Delta Zeta Sorority

1)does your group offer different varieties?
The only option we are offered is the choice between a Tiffany (6 prong) setting or a flush (gold surround) setting for the diamond in the flame.

2) how much was yours
$90.00 including single letter guard.

3) did you get the standard or the upgrades?
We don't have upgrades

4) is there a "pressure" in your chapter to get the more expensive ones?
N/A
Old 11-04-2002, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
our pin prices range from approximately $40 to approximately $500 (?) depending on the type you get. mine is outlined in pearls and has a ruby at each tip of the quatrafoile. I think it cost $142. You can get a variety of different jeweled settings. I htink the highest prices are for diamonds. there isn't any pressure to get a more expensive one in my chapter. most get the least expensive pin.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think we have one that's standard. The "plain" gold-filled badge is $28; the sterling is the same. They're both equally popular, depending on what metal you like.

When I was initiated, you could also order a 10k or 14k (I don't remember which) plain gold badge, which they don't seem to have any more. I think that's a big shame, because if you're going to have your badge for life, you don't want "gold filled" forever - it's a fancy way of saying "plated," which means it won't look nice after a while.

The 10k with three pearls is $110. This one isn't very popular because lots of people think it looks weird. The crown pearl (15) badge is $145. You can replace any number of pearls with diamonds, but I'm not sure what that costs. Usually girls will get one diamond on the point, but I know at least one former national president was given an all-diamond pin as a gift.

Ah, back in the day, you could also get white gold, with or without pearls, and the number of pearls on the crown set was 21 instead of 15.

At least in my chapter there was no pressure to get a certain badge. Girls sometimes wanted nicer ones than they could afford, but that was their personal desire.

All I really want is a crown pearl chapter guard to make me happy. I used to have a plain one I gave to my little. Well, that and a sapphire lavalier. And the honor key I never ordered. And .... argh, must close checkbook!
Old 11-04-2002, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

1) There are a couple of different varieties: A president's badge (usually stays in the chapter and is passed down through the years). There is also a larger option, as well as one with more detail work and chasing around the outer edge.

2) Standard Badge is part of initiation fee. You can get a cubic zirconium and gold plated badge for $10.

3)Because the chapter orders the initial badge for you, there is no option for getting the one with the diamond and 14K version, or the chased one

4) There is no pressure, b/c I think that most guys don't know that their badge isn't real gold or diamond. I know that if I have $$$ left at the end of this school year I'm going to buy an "upgrade"
Old 11-04-2002, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

1)There are two types of Phi Sig Badge... the Plain one is just the gold sphinx head with sapphire eyes... on a base with our letters in blue enamel (looks kinda like George washington wearing sunglasses) The jeweled version is the sphinx head mounted on a pyramid with three sapphires in each corner of the pyramid.

2) I'm not really sure how much they each cost because it's included in new member fees, so the chapter orders them I think it's like 70 or something for the plain and maybe like 2 something for the jeweled version, but I'm not sure about that at all....

3) since our chapter orders them there's really never an option given to get the jeweled one, so everyone just uses the one they get from the chapter.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Theta Chi Pin

They used to cost $23.32 but we found some place that will make them cheaper...$15.15.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:41 PM

AEPhi doesn't offer different varieties. My pin was $75, plus $35 for a two-letter chapter guard (I think the one-letter guards were $25, and of course you can get the pin without the guard).
Old 11-04-2002, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aprilxo Send a message via Yahoo to aprilxo
I think the standard pricing on ours was 60 for silver w/pearl, 74 for gold w/pearl... and $600 something for the diamond version... I don't know anybody who's got that one
Old 11-04-2002, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

LXA Badges have yellow gold, white gold extra.

There is a plain one no gems, all the way up to $210.00 depending on the stone combonations!

lambdachi.org

Mine is white gold, with seed pearls in the cresent and saphires in the Lambda. I also have a yellow gold, seed pearls , rubys with diamonds at the points of the Lambda. Both of these have Chapter Guards in respective gold coloring with pearls.

I have one taht I paid $175.00 on a site. I think I have @ 12 toatal that will go to my guys at the chapter.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

1) My group offers different varieties (they range from $75 for the standard to over $1,000).

2) Mine was $250 and my guard was about $150.

3) Mine was an upgrade... 14K and jewels and such.

4) There isn't pressure, per se, to get the more expensive ones but I think most girls tend to.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aprilxo
I think the standard pricing on ours was 60 for silver w/pearl, 74 for gold w/pearl... and $600 something for the diamond version... I don't know anybody who's got that one
That diamond version of the XO pin sounds absolutely stunning!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aprilxo Send a message via Yahoo to aprilxo
Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
That diamond version of the XO pin sounds absolutely stunning!
Yeah, I would LOVE to see one! If I ever have the extra cash, it'd be a nice gift pour moi Sadly, I don't see it happening any time soon Ah, well. I really like my badge as-is though--I like wearing it, and I think I'd be anxious about wearing one with all diamonds. Either I'd somehow lose it or keep having a nightmare about somebody ripping it off my shirt... yikes!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
Quote:
Originally posted by aprilxo

Yeah, I would LOVE to see one! If I ever have the extra cash, it'd be a nice gift pour moi Sadly, I don't see it happening any time soon Ah, well. I really like my badge as-is though--I like wearing it, and I think I'd be anxious about wearing one with all diamonds. Either I'd somehow lose it or keep having a nightmare about somebody ripping it off my shirt... yikes!
my middle little was a diamond pledge, so her grandmother paid for her to get a diamond badge..its absolutely beautiful.. a few members of my chapter had them as well..

also we have a president's badge that gets passed down, and thats a diamond badge..

it really is gorgeous..one day when i'm rich i'll upgrade mine