GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,279
1 members and 1,278 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 01-19-2016, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was at the New Years Parade in London I wore my Chi O hat and saw two girls with Phi Mu ear warmers!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Today as I was driving from Starbucks to work (like always), there was work being done on the pipes on the other side of the street. There was water on the street, and the way the water had rolled off one of the hills, it formed a perfect ΔΖ. Not my letters, but very cool and I wish I could have gotten a picture!
the confidence in our actions,
and the purpose in our hearts.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:50 PM

I found letters in the absolute last place I was expecting!

I sing with a local choir. Mostly we sing classical music, but we have an upcoming concert in March where we are singing Americana - Copland, Ives, spirituals, etc. One of the pieces we're singing is "Circus Band" by Charles Ives. The lyrics include the line: "When in after years we take our children on our knee, we'll teach them that the alphabet begins with D K E."

Guess what fraternity Ives was in...
Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

At my first grad school interview weekend, I met students from these groups who were interviewing with me:
ASA
Gamma Phi
TKE
AKA
Tri Delta
local sorority

and members of these groups currently at that grad school:
Lambda Sigma Upsilon
Alpha Phi
AKA
and more I don't remember
Old 02-14-2016, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
At my first grad school interview weekend, I met students from these groups who were interviewing with me:
ASA
Gamma Phi
TKE
AKA
Tri Delta
local sorority

and members of these groups currently at that grad school:
Lambda Sigma Upsilon
Alpha Phi
AKA
and more I don't remember
Can't believe you're already applying to grad school! They grow up so fast!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm reading the novel Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld, and so far the main character has pledged Theta at Missouri and attended a barbecue at the Delta Upsilon house there.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
I'm reading the novel Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld, and so far the main character has pledged Theta at Missouri and attended a barbecue at the Delta Upsilon house there.
That's so crazy! I just finished reading Sisterland on Monday.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm such a fan of hers. Prep is just fantastic, and for a while after I finished American Wife, it felt weird not being in the main character's world. (I read about six pages in bed each night before turning out the light, so my books tend to last a while.)
Old 02-25-2016, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Students from GSS and DPhiE tutor kiddos at my school. A DST assisted me at voting yesterday and I saw AOPi letters at the grocery store.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I spotted a couple of Sig Pis in Thailand a couple of years ago, at a night market in Chiang Mai; one of them had a tank top with the fraternity letters. Then I saw them again at the airport flying back to Bangkok, but they were on a different flight. They were from UCSB.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

At this grad school interview, I've met these accepted students:
Gamma Phi x2
AEPi
Theta

And these people as members of the program:
Sig Ep (with a XO wife)
Tri Delta
AKA
APO
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I probably should have expected it, but I just got back from a cruise and turns out it's Spring Break for a lot of schools. I saw some kids with my alma mater's clothes on at the airport, and I started talking to them; one of the girls was a member of my sorority--same chapter. That was so exciting! Then I got on the ship and it was Greek central. I won't name the school, but my sorority was also well represented on board. Some of the young women were very nice; there were a few in line behind me and I said the magic word and they were very excited because they had never had an alumnae do that before, and they wanted to take pictures with me. They hugged me every time they saw me on the ship! I met some of their chapter sisters elsewhere on the ship---they wore their letters all the time--and they weren't quite as friendly. But hey, they're 21 and on spring break, so...There were many other GLOs represented. For the most part, they were all very nice and well behaved and represented their organizations well. (Wow--I sound like such an old lady! )
Old 03-05-2016, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ We took a Norwegian fjord cruise in the summer of 2011 and I met a then-current student wearing a Michigan sweatshirt. She was an engineering major (so was I) and was on board with her parents. We had a great conversation...small world!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^
^^^ two up: This time of year, old 1960's to early 1990's Spring Break photos are all over the internet. Very few show students in greek-lettered gear, but I have seen an Alpha Xi Delta shirt (no alcohol in photo, and not taken in a bar).
Old 03-07-2016, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
I'm currently in Copenhagen, Denmark accompanying my husband on a business trip. I saw a girl with a tote bag that had Delta Delta Delta letters on it in the Copenhagen airport.