GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,354
1 members and 1,353 guests
John

Old 01-16-2001, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Rush Nametags!

I'm making nametags for one of our parties, and I wanted to know if there are any no-nos for what you can put on the nametag (ie, sorority name, etc). I wanted to find out before I start cranking out hundreds of them, to find out I can't do them!

Also, has anyone had any really neat nametags for Rush? Ones that are creative and not hokey? I thought it was a good idea to make them large so you wouldn't have to strain to see their names!

[This message has been edited by AlphaChiGirl (edited January 16, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-16-2001, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
If you are talking about nametags that your chapter wears, you'll need to check with your local Panhellenic to see if they limit what can be on the tag. My suggestion would be first name (Large), last name (smaller and beneath first name) and office held if applicable.

At FSU they get name tags made at the local awards shops in either plastic or engraved metal. There may be a couple chapters that don't do this and use a different tag every night based on their theme.

Barb
Old 01-16-2001, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I know at LSU, the chapters usually use wood or foam-board or something similar to make large name tags that are in the shape of their symbol. The tags look hand painted, or done with paint pens. They only use their first name, and a last initial if necessary.

Also, I think some sororities have different nametags for every round of parties in different themes, all relating to their sorority.
Old 01-16-2001, 09:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
We usually just use the cards with plastic holders that you get at Staples or some other office supply store. We put our first names on them, last name initial if applicable, and our office or position. Then, we usually buy stickers of our flower, our symbol, and some stickers from national and we decorate the tags with the stickers. It's nothing fancy, but it does the trick, and they're pretty without being overly garish.

Heather
Old 01-16-2001, 10:30 PM

Our nametags during formal rush coordinate with the theme. Thanks to the worlds best national vp of membership; our chapter's nametags look like we spent tons of money on them. But in reality she's extrememly creative and we're thankfully one of her pet projects.

My fav is a wooden one in our sorority flower. We then put a piece a scotch tape over it and write our first name on it. It makes them reusable, but still look nice.

During COB we use the ones from fall if the theme is similar or we'll just use the clear plastic sleave ones. When we do that we'll decorate them w/ stickers or markers.
Old 01-17-2001, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

These nametags are for formal recruitment. It's a party with an International theme, so I finally decided to make globes. They're simply construction paper, and the prospective members will write their names on it. I was really cautious about making them TOO nice, 'cause they're really picky about what's considered a gift that a prospective is taking out of the house. I'm going to write our letters along the bottom and top of the globes...they're so cute!

Oh yeah...I'm not in class now (class starts in a week), which explains why I can devote time to nametags.