GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,053
2 members and 1,051 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/20/ma...eut/index.html

" A Texas woman has sued ABC's popular reality show "Extreme Makeover" for more than $1 million claiming among other things that an abrupt cancellation of her appearance on the program led to her sister's death."

Not the person who was supposed to appear on the show, but her SISTER's death.

Stretching it just a tad
Old 09-20-2005, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard about that story on the radio. Apparently they cancelled it after they had taped all of the family and friends saying how much she needed the plastic surgery and stuff.... Caused a lot of problems within the family and the sister committed suicide I think. Sad.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
There's no delicate way to put this, so I'll just quote the survey report: "For males, the proportion who have had anal sex with a female increases from 4.6 percent at age 15 to 34 percent at ages 22–24; for females, the proportion who have had anal sex with a male increases from 2.4 percent at age 15 to 32 percent at age 22–24." One in three women admits to having had anal sex by age 24. By ages 25 to 44, the percentages rise to 40 for men and 35 for women. And that's not counting the 3.7 percent of men aged 15 to 44 who've had anal sex with other men.
Link to the Story
Old 09-22-2005, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

holy moly

Quote:
Originally posted by moe.ron
Link to the Story
that story is funny and informative.

Quote:
Ass Backwards
The media's silence about rampant anal sex.
By William Saletan
even if i weren't immature, i'd think this was funny.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Are there really all that many 15-year-olds having anal sex?!?!?

Maybe I was a prude, but I never would have even thought about that at that age...
Old 09-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hurricane Katrina is the Japanese's fault

Quote:
Storms wrought by Japan's mafia?
On the air: Idaho TV weatherman says mobsters targeted Katrina at U.S.

The Associated Press
IDAHO FALLS -- An Idaho weatherman says Japan's Yakuza mafia used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina to strike America.

Meteorologist Scott Stevens, a nine-year veteran of KPVI-TV in Pocatello, said he believes the artificially created hurricane was a bid to avenge Japan for the Hiroshima atomic bomb attack -- and that this technology will soon be wielded again to hit another U.S. city.
Stevens said he had been struggling to forecast weather patterns starting in 1998 when he discovered the theory on the Internet. It's now detailed on Stevens' Web site.
Link to the Story
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hurricane Katrina is the Japanese's fault

Link to the Story
If you can make a robot dog, you can control hurricanes in my book.

-Rudey
Old 09-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
If you can make a robot dog, you can control hurricanes in my book.

-Rudey
That robot dog freaks me out.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Agreed.... But they have to have the robot dog, cause they eat all of the real ones.... Oh wait, I think that is China. Sorry.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I heard if you rub peanut butter on your testicles, the Aibo will lick it. It's a weird Japanese sex fetish thing.

-Rudey
Old 09-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
I heard if you rub peanut butter on your testicles, the Aibo will lick it. It's a weird Japanese sex fetish thing.

-Rudey
Won't be suprise if the dog have a weird dildo attachment to it.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Down and very dirty

You would indeed be shocked - shocked! - to learn of the nasty goings-on in football's "underworld.'
By STEPHEN F. HOLDER
Published September 21, 2005

TAMPA - There is a place in football where anything goes, where players spit, punch, kick and inflict immense pain with little fear of repercussions. Those who wind up in this place must be prepared to hear disturbing sounds and see horrific sights.

What happens at the bottom of the pile is not for the faint of heart.

"If you could put a microphone in that pile, you would be shocked," Bucs offensive tackle Kenyatta Walker said. "Especially when it's a division game. It's definitely not for your mother's ears."

Or her eyes.

What is said at the bottom of the stack of bodies isn't printable in a family publication. What is done is no better. Based on a sampling of experiences shared by Bucs offensive and defensive linemen, the actions include eye-gouging, punches to the stomach, spitting in faces, grabbing and twisting opponents' groins, and, well, you get the picture.

"That's the underworld of football down there," defensive lineman Ellis Wyms said. "There's a whole other game going on down there. It's dirty and it's nasty. I've seen guys spit in guys' mouths, put snot in other guys' mouths. You name it. It's just grimy."

Even players who aren't grimy off the field sometimes resort to grimy tactics on it. What would you do if someone pressed a fist full of muddy turf in your face, like a player once did to center John Wade?

"You're going through the game and maybe a guy has done something to you over the course of the game, or he's gotten on your nerves, or he said something to you, when you get him at the bottom of that pile and you get an opportunity to give something back, you're going to give it," Wyms said.

"That's the perfect opportunity for retaliation."

But that's where this gets tricky.

Everyone wants to stand up for himself, but no one wants to face the wrath of his coach if those retaliatory actions result in a penalty.

"It's really not the smartest thing to do because it's always the retaliating guy who gets penalized," Wade said. "That's a fact. You don't want to be the guy who sits there and acts like, "Oh, I guess I just have to take it.' But you also don't want to be the guy who's getting 15-yard penalties and killing drives, either. There's a fine line.

"You really have to pick your spots. That's doesn't mean you're dirty. It just means that when you get a chance to return the favor somebody gave you, you return it. That might take more than that game. You might have to wait until the next time you play. It might be next season."

How to avoid getting caught is practically a science among players, which might explain why most of this stuff is never witnessed by the tens of thousands of fans who watch games on TV and in stadiums across the league. Wyms is certain there are actions taking place on every play that deserve to be penalized, but officials "just can't police everything."

Some methods used to avoid getting flagged are obvious, like doing your dirt away from the ball, where the officials' attention is unlikely to be focused. But some fall under the category of veteran savvy.

"Trust me, there are ways," defensive tackle Chris Hovan said. "If the ref is standing right there, am I going to do anything? No, of course not. That's going to hinder your team. But when you get a shot, I'm not going to lie, you take it. It's about the right place at the right time."

Or the wrong place.

That would be the bottom of any pile in which there is a loose ball. That is when football becomes less about a game and more about survival.

"I can't say that I'm really the first guy to jump in there," Wyms admits. "I'll pick up a fumble. But I don't want to be the one at the bottom of the pile on top of the ball. If you're down there and you have that ball, you're about to get a whole lot coming your way. They're definitely about to do something unthinkable to you."

Said Hovan: "That's when all bets are off. It's primal."

Some players are considered more primal than others. Though film sessions usually are used to break down things like blitz packages, they also can be useful in determining where the cheap shots are going to come from.

"A lot of people get labeled," Hovan said. "Word spreads and film doesn't lie. You know who's dirty and who's not."

Hovan was a bit reluctant to name names, but there is one such player in his locker room every day.

"Greg Spires is probably one of the nastiest players in the league when you get in a pile," Wyms said, showing no regard for Spires, who was standing about three feet away.

"Greg will do anything to anybody at any time. I've seen this man do some stuff to guys that just insulted their manhood."

Such as? Try choking and punching, for starters. So, Greg, what do you have to say for yourself?

"Hey, it is what it is," he said. "You do what you gotta do."
Old 09-22-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Couple in King's Island photo booth don't realize that they're also on a public monitor outside.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/photobooth1.html
Old 09-23-2005, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

High school baseball team manager forced players to run naked for 'mental training'
OKAYAMA -- A former manager of a high school baseball team forced his players to run naked around a field as part of their "mental training," it has been learned.
The 35-year-old man, whose name is being withheld, became manager of the baseball team at Okayama Sanyo High School in Kamogata, Okayama Prefecture, in July 2002.
He ordered club members to undress when they ran, mostly during night practice sessions.
The manager reportedly insisted that running naked was part of the students' mental training.
School officials initially turned a blind eye but later surveyed baseball club members about the controversial practice.
"We were forced to run naked once last year and another time in June this year," one of the students said.
Officials at the school admitted that they knew what was going on, but didn't take any measures to deal with the issue.
"We thought that players and their parents accepted the method," one school official said.
The school's principal is now saying that running in the nude should have been stopped earlier.
"I heard about it three years ago," the principal said.
After the club failed to report players' cigarette smoking to the Japan High School Baseball Federation in June, three members of the club were banned from the local eliminations of the annual national high baseball tournament.
In response, the school dismissed the manager from his post, and he began working as career advisor for students.
He quit the school on Sept. 1 after hitting a third-year student who ordered younger players to clean their dormitory. (Mainichi)
Old 09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My TV news tonight revealed that the smells that make a new car smell good are actually caused by cancer-producing emissions.