GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 314,132
Threads: 115,502
Welcome to our newest member, vlesyjnry4616
» Online Users: 685
4 members and 681 guests
APhi2KD, bngolebioharr, sdressesyellow

Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to middlehk
***Senior Gift Ideas!! (HELP)****

Hi everyone. I am VP of Chapter Development and Sisterhood in my chapter and I am in charge of Senior gifts. Normally this would be easy, but I am working with a rediculous budget. Do any of you have any ideas for CHEAP senior gifts??? There are 17 girls and I can spend up to 200 dollars.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisiglindsey
Our chapter always gives away graduation stoles personalized for our sisters. I'm not sure the pricing because I've never had to order them, but I know I can't wait to get mine and wear mine to graduation next year!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
we always did picture frames that everyone signed and then put a picture of the chapter in it. They were just cheap frames but it was still a very cute gift.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if you're still working on this project, but here's an idea. I did this for my brother when he crossed APA. I got him and one of his sans a box of cards with the fraternity's initials printed on it (it was preprinted) and I did their initials at the bottom in calligraphy. It came out very nice and you may be able to do the same.
When I graduated, I went to the local printing company and had my invitations done. You could probably go to like Kinkos or go to Hobby Lobby/Michael's and find some boxes with either you sororities colors or have them printed up with your sororities colors and initials and have their initials put on them as well. I think that it would be something that they could use and like for years to come. Just my 2cents.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

we do DphiE afghans, they are kinda expensive, so girls don't ever buy them for personal use. But it's nice, classy, and at this point expected in our chapter. Also, it's cute for an alum's new apartment!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

You could always go with something engraved from Things Remembered or another place like that.. You may be able to get a deal for ordering in bulk
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
I don't know if you're still working on this project, but here's an idea. I did this for my brother when he crossed APA. I got him and one of his sans a box of cards with the fraternity's initials printed on it (it was preprinted) and I did their initials at the bottom in calligraphy. It came out very nice and you may be able to do the same.
When I graduated, I went to the local printing company and had my invitations done. You could probably go to like Kinkos or go to Hobby Lobby/Michael's and find some boxes with either you sororities colors or have them printed up with your sororities colors and initials and have their initials put on them as well. I think that it would be something that they could use and like for years to come. Just my 2cents.
I really like this idea. In this age of technology, people don't send enough thank-you notes and handwritten cards, and sending those can leave lasting impressions with the recipients. Perhaps something in your colors? With 17 girls and 200 dollars, you could spend 11 dollars apiece and get some very classy cards.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Cougar,
You are right, people don't send enough thank-you notes. Most people feel that a email will suffice.
For my graduation from OLLU, I used a preprinted package of Kinkos invitations. It was about $15.00 for 100 I think. I was on a SERIOUS budget at the time.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 AM
GreekChat Member

There are threads on here about new member gifts. You could get someone (committee?) to help you with a lot of homemade crafty type stuff like picture frames, scrapbooks, etc. I'll echo what others have said and say that personal notes are a great idea.