GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,445
1 members and 1,444 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 03-05-2001, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Mayber her/their parents are the CABBAGE PATCH KIDS??????
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2001, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Oh yeah, how could I forget? Ken was the ULTIMATE scrub. Did he have a house? No. He just chilled around the Dream House, mooching. Did he have a car? No. He was pleased as punch to drive around in a hot pink Corvette. Did he have a job? No, not really--he would do whatever job Barbie had at the time. Ken=ultimate tagalong.
Old 03-05-2001, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Didn't they have like a Barbie that "grew" 2 inches? Or was that Skipper? You'd move one of her arms around and she'd grow???

I had Ballerina Barbie with a crown. And 'cuz my mom was so called "pro-Black" while I was growing up, all my Barbie's were dark brown with long black hair. Somehow, Mattel did make the Black hair nappy if you tried to wash it and change the hairstyle--so I just wound up making a "cornroll braided" Barbie... They tried to make a Hispanic Barbie and an Asian Barbie...

Hey! Does Mattel have issues!!!

As far as the "groove thang" with GI Joe when he was a big man, yeah, I can understand why Barbie would want him rather than Ken, she was only thing what was under his tank... And I think Ken started dating that other doll out there for gays--I forgot his name...

Did anyone have the Barbie Townhouse? Not the Beach house, but the one with the 3 levels and an elevator? It was a piece of chit!!!

I just would wanna ride my big wheel down the hill and run over my Barbies...
Old 03-06-2001, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
Mayber her/their parents are the CABBAGE PATCH KIDS??????
I am almost absolutely sure that Barbie is much older than the Cabbage Patch Kids . . . and why they were popular is beyond me . . .

It occurred to me as I was reading . . . and then I saw someone else mention it . . .

The REAL reason they never married . .

Drum roll Please . . . Ken is Gay!

Let's look at the evidence:

Keen Fashion sense, good dresser with stylish toys.

Hair always perfect.

Wears predominantly light airy clothing like pastels.

ALWAYS wears the appropriate outfit to the event, activity, sport (like you can get us straight guys to do that, puuuuulllleeeze! You're lucky if we don't wear white socks to your formal).

And finallly . . . Always hangs around at her beck and call without getting any!

Its funny, some female Mattel designer was looking to make the perfect male companion to go with the perfect girl . . . and she unconsciously makes him gay. It makes you want to weep.

No wonder women aren't happy with men, they want straight Kens .

I think Ken was either Barbie's gay friend from high school or her hair dresser turned best friend/therapist.

But it is suspiscious that Barbie really doesn't date at all . . . I mean sheez, you think she would learn to balance her careers and social life a bit to allow emotional attachment. Bad role model .
Old 03-06-2001, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
three pages of posts and no one mentioned my favorite??

BALLERINA BARBIE--God I loved those toe shoes!! (OOOOPS AKA MONET just saw you had her too)

See now my Barbie had a little somethin somethin on the side with my Sonny Bono doll. Yup. Child of the 70's that I am. Cher and Ken were doin' it and Barbie and Sonny were doin it--in different wings of the dream house, of course.

I had a serious Barbie problem. Dream House. Town House. Camper. Three foot long Motorhome. Pool. Cars. My Barbie was one seriously spoiled chick. Must've been all Sonny's royalty checks. He just loved to serenade Ballerina Barbie (who would dance while he sang of course) "Babe, I got you Babe..."

[This message has been edited by amycat412 (edited March 06, 2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL, James you are too funny!!! My favorite barbie is also ballerina barbie, she is the only one i have left!
Old 03-06-2001, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Thats hillarious James LOL No wonder the talk shows are doing such good business. Look how long Oprah has been on. What a marketing ploy by Mattel.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited March 06, 2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohhh i had the Barbie townhouse..with the elevator..lol lmaoo this thread is sooooo funny..Like some of u said earlier, my barbie was a whore, lesbian, and a sex feind.. when she would get mad at ken, she would have a three some with todd and tracie or whoever was around..She would even let skipper watch..lmaoo
Old 03-06-2001, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Talking

This has got to be the FUNNIEST THREAD I have come across so far!! I am sitting here LMAOCMEO . AKA_Monet, running over your Barbie dolls; you know you were dead wrong for that
Old 03-07-2001, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet:
Did anyone have the Barbie Townhouse? Not the Beach house, but the one with the 3 levels and an elevator? It was a piece of chit!!!
Man, it was HORRIBLE!!! It was made of cardboard, OK?!! Oh, it was horrible.

Old 03-11-2001, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08:
Man, it was HORRIBLE!!! It was made of cardboard, OK?!! Oh, it was horrible.

HEY!

Why are all the Sistah's sayin' they had the cardboard Townhouse with the elevator??? :P

Was that the "ghettofabulous hood rat" Barbie tryin' to be hard???

Oh, and I'd throw my Barbies across my swimming pool and see if they swam. Somehow, their legs kept falling off???

Old 03-13-2001, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
Isn't she also in the WNBA!?! She's also an Olympian, aerobics guru, and I believed she once played in a band.
Yes, she WAS in a band.. it was called "Barbie and the Rockers". How do I know? Because I had a skateboard-scooter with their pics plastered all over it!

Old 03-13-2001, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Barbie has 4 sisters Skipper, Stacy, Kelly, & Krissy. Ken has 4 brothers all the same sizes.

Barbie has been in several bands. Barbie and the Rockers, some fifties band, and a few others.

Barbie is blone, brunette, and African-American.

Ken has too had jobs! He was also an astronaut, teacher, doctor, military, etc.
Midge is the redhead, and she got married to Alan.

Skipper has actually gotten older. She started out looking like Stacy does now, she's grown about an inch and developed boobs too!

Old 03-14-2001, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetestDiva:
Yes, she WAS in a band.. it was called "Barbie and the Rockers". How do I know? Because I had a skateboard-scooter with their pics plastered all over it!

LOL . I had the lunch box with them on the front! Barbie and the rockers gave Jem and the holigrams a run for their money!
Old 06-15-2001, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my goodness I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life! I always thought something was a bit off in that family, and now we know that Ken and Barbie's incestuous relationship is relevant Springer material! I had a ton of Barbies when I was little; my favorite was Tropical Barbie, and her hair was down to her feet. However, I thought it was a little too long, attempted to trim it but made it uneven, so by the time I had it evened out she looked like Susan Powter! I think I gave all of my Barbies to the Goodwill...I feel sorry for the poor kid with my buzzed Barbie!