GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,408
0 members and 1,408 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
You're fluent too, Shirley? Wish should get together and snark sometime
I've promised myself I'd save snark for when it was warranted. Which, in this particular case, it was. Heeee....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Recruitment Stories are the new AI forum.

If the compulsion to tell them overrides what the average person can ascertain as walking directly into a shitstorm, perhaps we need to get rid of them...and the "addicts" need to form a creative writing group off GC where they can post this dreck to their hearts content...without actual living breathing humans being involved.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Recruitment Stories are the new AI forum.

If the compulsion to tell them overrides what the average person can ascertain as walking directly into a shitstorm, perhaps we need to get rid of them...and the "addicts" need to form a creative writing group off GC where they can post this dreck to their hearts content...without actual living breathing humans being involved.
I don't see why people can't just wait until they are over. I posted my story about a decade later.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I like recruitment stories, but I hate reading through paragraphs of descriptions of all the chapters on the open house and first party rounds, especially at a large school. I usually skip to second round, see what chapters are left, then read the earlier info pertinent to those groups.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Tallulah's thread was locked because of same-old same-old and AlphaFrog, you claimed to understand why I arranged it as I did. Instead, you're trying to start another pile-on and as you see, lovespink has readily accepted your word as the truth.

I am sick of the lies that have been spouted out over the last TEN years. Were any of you aware that some GCers went to my daughter's school in 2002 and physically tried to interfere in her rush? Were any of you aware that one of the same people went to another GCer's campus (no relation to me) and destroyed her rush? And that that person interfered in a third GCer's rush from home?

When I started Tallulah's thread, I tried to figure a way that I could have a theme and name the 4 groups she'll hopefully be returning to for first invitationals. We do hope she'll have 4 but she may not get 4. I am certainly not saying how many groups are at her school. But--people want to drink the "haterade", as they used to say, and believe that 4 groups were pre-selected as favorites.

Some of you are happily accepting what some push as the truth--that my family and I reject certain sororities as being below us. I would like you to prove that. Some of the people who are touting that as the truth weren't even on GC in 2002, they just believe what someone has told them was true. And it isn't. I have several friends on GC who are members of that group and they know that we respect that sorority.

Let me remind you all that personal attacks are a violation of the TOS. They can get deleted, they can get you banned. Remember that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I'd really super love it if you guys could take this to PM.

No, we don't know all the facts. But DrPhil did know that what she did (posting multiple iterations of the same thread with the same title, with pictures of people or things flipping the bird) was against the TOS. She was smart enough to know how to get banned. When you were banned a few times I'm not sure you knew why or whether or not what you did was against the TOS (I can't remember the circumstances anymore) - but DrPhil's was pretty clearly and intentionally against it.
Man, how did I miss ALL.OF.THIS.

And yes, take it to PM, then screen shot it, then make a new thread. No? Ok. Forget I asked.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Clearly going back to school and work this week was a mistake. What did I tell you guys about this during work hours?

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I forget you're a mod KSUV. you need to work less, and delete threads more.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post

Then again, this is an internet chat group. I try and take everything with a grain of salt. I've also re-read some of my posts, and I've discovered I'm a bit boring on greek chat. I'm really not this lame in real life (just ask AOIIAlum about some of my facebook posts)
<TANGENT>She really isn't, and that's not just because we're sisters and seem to have a very similar sense of humor!</TANGENT>

Other than that, I love Recruitment Stories but hope the story tellers are not sharing too many personal details in the process. I wonder how many people out there don't realize there are plenty of lurkers on GC and yeah, you can be ID'd from a seemingly innocent post.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Tallulas' thread was locked because carnation didn't like being called out on having her daughter's invite round groups picked before rush even started. There are certain groups that carnation has deemed below her family's worth. And, just for clarity, this isn't an attack on carnation. If that's how she wants to run her family, she has every right to do so. Certain people just wish she didn't try to pretend otherwise.
I don't think we can actually know this, and I think it's petty to make these kind of claims.

Carnation picked four names for a thread; we have no way of knowing if a real GLO corresponds to each or not in Carnation's mind at this point. Pretending that you understand her intentions better than she does is kind of nutty.

And about not wanting her daughter to join a certain group, if I remember the story correctly, the real life basis for this was a daughter who de-pledged and re-rushed rather than continue her bid with a chapter that ended up folding while the daughter was in school. The daughter got a bid the next year to a chapter that's still going strong.

I suppose that everyone is free to judge and say that the daughter should have stuck in out with the chapter. However not wanting your kid to join a specific chapter that's already having membership issues and thinking that entire GLO are below her family's worth are hardly the same thing.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 08-28-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, said daughter withdrew from recruitment, thus did not receive a bid the first time. She rushed again the next year and accepted a bid.

A chapter at her school did close. I imagine that we can all understand the disappointment those members must have felt, because all of our sororities have had chapters close. One new member was not going to salvage it.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Actually, said daughter withdrew from recruitment, thus did not receive a bid the first time. She rushed again the next year and accepted a bid.

A chapter at her school did close. I imagine that we can all understand the disappointment those members must have felt, because all of our sororities have had chapters close. One new member was not going to salvage it.
Exactly.

We've all have times when we wish a whole bunch of girls would pledge a struggling chapter to turn the group around, but I don't think any PNM or her mother deserve a whole lot of blame for not trying to single-handedly save a chapter that she's not even a member of yet.

It's my hope that all the RFM stuff will make this largely a thing of the past anyway.

ETA: about the broader issue in this thread. I think all of this stuff is pretty small potatoes so far, but if GreekChat really loses Senusret I over this, there's going to be hell to pay. (I'm just going by his signature.)

Last edited by UGAalum94; 08-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
Yes I was being sarcastic.
That's all your bitch ass had to say. It's shit like this that causes folks not to post like KR mention folks should post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
But thanks for the gentlemanly commentary.
You're welcome. Keep the shit up, and I'll continue with the "gentlemanly commentary".
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 PM

Enough. I wanted to give people a place to air their grievances, but this thread has deteriorated to the point where it's just a bunch of snipping back and forth and insulting one another.

If someone wants to start another thread about their desire for a change in the moderation on this board, feel free to do so. Keep it on topic, though, or it will be closed.

Thanks
Closed Thread