GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,268
4 members and 1,264 guests
prettyandpearls, samuepetrovo164

Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikitalolita
Jewled Theta Badge on Ebay $6.00 - seller doesn't know what it is

Hi there, not a theta but - again while doing my searches on ebay I found a nice theta badge on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...700779076&rd=1

The seller has no idea what he has. It is a pretty badge.

Bid on it and get it out of the non greeks hands.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

That's an unusual-looking dangle on the badge. What is it for?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by KLPDaisy
That's an unusual-looking dangle on the badge. What is it for?
I am betting it is for a traveling chapter consultant, ie, a national officer/employee that travels to individual chapters to help them out and report their status the the headquarters.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM

I love the description: "K A O line in the O" I guess it is a good description if you're not familiar with the Greek alphabet... and never took trig...

Hope it goes to a Theta.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I just noticed, I am going to bid on it. Hi everyone I am a theta from way back at Beta Chi at the University of Alberta. I feel you pain, I like the pins to stay with thetas
Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pidders01
I just noticed, I am going to bid on it. Hi everyone I am a theta from way back at Beta Chi at the University of Alberta. I feel you pain, I like the pins to stay with thetas
Hi there! Nice to have a new Theta in the group. I was going to ask if you really wanted it, or if you just bid on it to keep it from a collector. Since you are a Theta, I'll stay out of the auction. It sure helps to know when a Theta sister is doing the bidding! I am not about to spend a sister's money by bidding against her. Good luck!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the welcome. I know they say that bidding on items just drives up the price but it's hard not to when beautiful items are available. Had there been a buy it know I would have used it. It makes it easier. I thought that I would post that I am a Theta so that no one thought I was just a collector.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

As a dreaded collector and a Theta I have to say this whole "keeping things out of collectors hands" sometimes leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I know the intentions are good, but please don't make us out to be the bad guys. The bad guys, er gals, are those are the members who:
a) sell their badges for profit
or
b) don't take the time to establish what should happen to their badges after they pass away.

Same goes for photos, t-shirts and all other letters/logo branded items. If you don't want it anymore, donate it back to your chapter or HQ. Or find someone within the org who wants to buy it.. there are plenty of us who will buy items WITHOUT the need for ebay.

Also if you lose something or have it stolen, FILE A POLICE REPORT. If you have proof of the theft, collectors, ebay and sellers are usually very happy to work with you to return the item. The proof is CRITICAL to getting an auction cancelled! Personally, I think the item referenced in this thread was stolen or lost. I have a very difficult time believing that a consultant would sell her own pin.

Sorry for the rant, but thought it needed to be said.

Thanks
-Kaokite

p.s. one other item worth clarifying. Most of us collectors are greek. (I only know of one man who is not!) There seems to be a bit of a misconception about us being un-afilliated.

Last edited by kaokite; 07-25-2005 at 01:53 AM.