GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Tau Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,248
1 members and 1,247 guests
No Members online

Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Crescent Colonies & Expansion

I know the Delt forum is a little dead but I figured it couldn't hurt to try and revive the place and interact with some of the active Delt posters.

So, we, the Epsilon Beta chapter, had our alumni banquet this past friday and the Western Plains division president Bob Marwill came to speak. Awesome guy and gave us a lot of encouraging words about our own chapter and the national organization. He also mentioned we are preparing to start a new colony at Drake University. I've also heard the Pepperdine colony is doing really well as too.

I was just wondering if someone could give me the specifics on how expansion works. Does nationals look for universities where there is a solid base of alumni located in the area to support the colony? I guess I'm just wondering what factors are most considered when deciding where to pursue the colonization process?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations. We at Epsilon Eta are about to celebrate our 50th. Always good to hear another group of brothers are doing well. How was your spring rush?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDPDTD View Post
Congratulations. We at Epsilon Eta are about to celebrate our 50th. Always good to hear another group of brothers are doing well. How was your spring rush?
Our 55th anniversary is coming up next month so we are still going strong and have never been kicked off campus.

Congratulations to you to on the the 50th! A great milestone. My best friend's dad was a Delt at Commerce and said he had great memories. Our spring rush was rather mild. We usually take the Spring as a time to let a new Head Pledge Trainer and his pledge committee as well as the Rush Committee learn the ropes in preparation for the fall. We bid 4 guys and ended up initiating three high quality guys, one of whom I took as my little brother. We are at about 70 in membership, but are looking for a high quality fall rush hoping to take 30 new members.

How about for your guys?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Florida Atlantic University CC is soon to be Iota Nu chapter. We're getting chartered on April 24th after a year and two months on campus. We're currently sitting at around 50 members; this semester we pledged 10 (myself included) and initiated 9. Our brothers hold all but two of the seats on IFC, we're currently the largest chapter on campus and we've just won Greek Week in our first year of competition. Definitely looking forward to leading and bettering the Greek community at FAU for years to come.
Florida Atlantic University
Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston327 View Post
Florida Atlantic University CC is soon to be Iota Nu chapter. We're getting chartered on April 24th after a year and two months on campus. We're currently sitting at around 50 members; this semester we pledged 10 (myself included) and initiated 9. Our brothers hold all but two of the seats on IFC, we're currently the largest chapter on campus and we've just won Greek Week in our first year of competition. Definitely looking forward to leading and bettering the Greek community at FAU for years to come.
Congrats on your charter in the coming days! I'm sure it's great feeling after all the hard work it sounds like you guys have put in!

Out of curiosity what was it like from what you know about the colonizing process? Are Delt nationals there a lot? What do they teach you? etc. I'm very interested in Delt's expansion plans.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

We at the Zeta Chi chapter will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next spring. Glad the other chapters are doing well and excited about all the CCs.

Congratulations Preston327 on being initiated and the Iota Nu chapter! What chapter performed the Ritual for yall?

Back in 1986, our chapter was the fastest Colony to become chartered, it was under 2 years. Our record was broken since then but...just throwing that out there.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXDelt304 View Post
We at the Zeta Chi chapter will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next spring. Glad the other chapters are doing well and excited about all the CCs.

Congratulations Preston327 on being initiated and the Iota Nu chapter! What chapter performed the Ritual for yall?

Back in 1986, our chapter was the fastest Colony to become chartered, it was under 2 years. Our record was broken since then but...just throwing that out there.
I believe I read in the newsletter email that the Tampa Delts helped with initiation. I echo the sentiments of ZXDelt by saying congrats to the FAU Delts on becoming Iota Nu!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought Pepperdine was an active chapter.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoch View Post
I thought Pepperdine was an active chapter.
Maybe it wasn't 7 years ago when the post was made?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma