GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,555
1 members and 1,554 guests
Xidelt

Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

PNM...Advice, Anyone?

Hello everyone!

So, you guys have probably noticed that the Fall semester is fast approaching, and I was looking for some PNM advice for formal recruitment.

I started my freshman year of college last year and I really didn't know what to expect. Anything and everything was going through my mind when I first moved in on campus. I wasn't very active on campus last year other than with my actual classes, but I had an interesting experience last year being able to see Greek life cast in a different light. This was all because my roommate decided to rush last Fall and seeing her active in her sorority has completely shattered the negative stereotypes that I had always associated with sorority life. I can honestly say that anytime she would come back from a Greek event or fundraiser, I would always wish in the back of my mind that I could've been there, too. I wanted to get involved, but I have never see myself as a poster "sorority girl." And now with recruitment just a short time away, I feel like the more I worry, the more I'll talk myself out of rushing...I can't help but think, "What if they don't like me?" or "How am I going to feel if I don't get a bid when my roommate is an active Greek?"

I've been on the fence about rushing since last Spring, and I know the only thing that can hold me back from trying is...me. One of my downfalls is that I let my own inhibitions keep me from doing things I know I'd enjoy (Greek life being one of those things.) I just have lots of nerves going into this, and I'd love any advice or tips if anyone wants to share any!

-bri93
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The general advice thread started by adpiucf is a really good starting point. That is really where you should start. Then do a search for your school to see if any threads have discussed what you need to know.

Good luck!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ THIS.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

The spam is killin' me.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump