GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,331
1 members and 1,330 guests
acg233

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
So, what you're saying is that unless we went to an SEC, Big XII, Ivy, or University of California, we should just stay out of the Sorority Recruitmet forum alltogether?

If some girl is only following advice from GC without checking first with her campus panhellenic I'm not sure I care if she got a bid or not.
Oh come on - you know that's not the takeaway from this thread.

Everyone is free to give GENERAL advice that is beneficial regardless. HOWEVER we all know that these schools (plus others outside ones you listed) have their specific intricacies that could make or break it for PNMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
This thread reminds me of why I like NPHC's way of dealing with recruitment questions.

...I didn't realize PNMs (and their fragile dreams) had so much influence here.
Seriously. It wouldn't hurt for some of you to not jump all over Patty PNM everytime she posts a "OMGZ i'm planning to rush as State U, what should i wear, who should i pledge, what should i doooooooooo i'm a freshnaannnnnnn" thread.

Refer to the siggy. We tell PNMs/aspirants to not put all their eggs in one basket, yet we do the most in trying to give the most advice to just any ol' body. No, it doesn't make us bitches for simply replying "refer to your campus' website or your school's recruitment office for more information" every once in a while, especially when its CLEAR the OP hasnt done their part (especially when we don't even ask "have you checked with your campus/greek family members/older siblings?").