GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,722
0 members and 1,722 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2003, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Life 3

Thanks to all of you from these forums who have been visiting my website, and reading the recaps of "Sorority Life" and "Fraternity Life."

I wanted to clue y'all in to my very recent discovery (tonight!) about the sorority that will be featured in the next season of SL - Season Three:

Zeta Sigma Phi
a multicultural sorority at Southern Cal

I put more info about them on the website - but was curious if there are any members of that sorority that post here?

Make It A Double, Sweetie: Unofficial Home of MTV's "Sorority Life"

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2003, 02:45 AM

Talking

I was just reading your SL recap before coming to GC tonight. When is the FL recap going to be ready???? I finally got to watch the eps today and I want some snarky recaps!

I don't know if any Zeta Sigma Phi's post on here but we've known for about a week that SL3 is at USC. Anyone know if FL2 will be there too?

Texas-Gal, care to fill us in on which sorority at UT you're a member of?
Old 03-03-2003, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

hey i heard about this over the weekend at the csu greek summit...i just hope it can show multi cultural greeks in a light so that the social greeks can gain some understanding.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalGirl

Texas-Gal, care to fill us in on which sorority at UT you're a member of?
I've been curious about this too!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I heard rumors that SL:3 was at Southern Cal about 3 weeks ago or so, but was only able to confirm which sorority it was a couple of hours ago after some detective work.

I do NOT think FL:2 will be filmed at SC - if there's going to be an FL:2 at all. I have heard NOTHING about that - so I am curious, too.

My FL recap was written in note form tonight, and should be posted tomorrow (tues at the latest). I figure I'll always post the SL recaps first, since they are a lot more fun to do, and then the FL recaps shortly before the next episode airs.

As for my affiliation - I've debated revealing that for over a year, and decided it was better not to. Maybe I should take guesses - like when I was a Rho Chi, and all the girls tried to guess which house I was a member of...
Old 03-03-2003, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Awesome website Texas-Gal!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas-Gal

I do NOT think FL:2 will be filmed at SC - if there's going to be an FL:2 at all. I have heard NOTHING about that - so I am curious, too.
My guess is that they're waiting to see how big of a hit Fraternity Life will be before they do another one. As with "Sorority Life," they didn't start filming season 2 until season 1 was almost done airing -- my guess is that "Fraternity Life" will be the same. If FL goes well this season, we'll probably start hearing rumors of a second season about halfway through.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
If FL goes well this season, we'll probably start hearing rumors of a second season about halfway through.
That's probably the best guess - the only problem is, if they're waiting to film until after seeing the numbers from the first season, they won't be able to film again until next fall... which means Season Two wouldn't premiere until almost a year from now.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

MTV is NOT filming Fraternity Life 2 with Sorority Life 3. The USC community has known about SL3 since the end of January when MTV began looking for a house in the area.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Unregistered-

Re: Sorority Life 3

Quote:
Thanks to all of you from these forums who have been visiting my website, and reading the recaps of "Sorority Life" and "Fraternity Life."

I wanted to clue y'all in to my very recent discovery (tonight!) about the sorority that will be featured in the next season of SL - Season Three:

Zeta Sigma Phi
a multicultural sorority at Southern Cal

I put more info about them on the website - but was curious if there are any members of that sorority that post here?

Make It A Double, Sweetie: Unofficial Home of MTV's "Sorority Life"

OMG....that IS my friend's sorority. She mentioned a few times that MTV was interested in filming them. She was part of the Epsilon Class a few years ago. She's an alum now, but I should really try to get her to come and post here.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:12 PM

Quote:
As for my affiliation - I've debated revealing that for over a year, and decided it was better not to. Maybe I should take guesses - like when I was a Rho Chi, and all the girls tried to guess which house I was a member of...
'k, but at least give us a list of what chapters were on your campus at the time! It'll help narrow it down a tad.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Personal, I am rooting for FL 2. How does MTV choose which local to film from across the US? They have went from Cal. to NY that is a big swing.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalGirl
'k, but at least give us a list of what chapters were on your campus at the time! It'll help narrow it down a tad.
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha

Also: I always loved visiting other schools and seeing how different the chapters were from university to university. Obviously, some sororities are strong throughout the region (e.g. some on that list are in the top tier at most southern schools), but what would be considered an average sorority at my school would be the number 1 group at another campus.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Wow, so many choices...I'm guessing Chi Omega or ZTA.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:45 PM

Talking

I'm holding off my guesses until I read more of your recaps and such. I've eliminated AGD, AZD, SDT and AEPhi though. 11 more to go!