GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,596
2 members and 1,594 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Where is Caylee Anthony?

I was surprised that there wasn't any discussion about this missing girl. Just curious to hear what everyone's thoughts were. I, personally, am praying that this little girl is still alive, however, her mother hasn't done much to help find her daughter. With all the lies and the new evidence that proves a decomposed body and chloroform was in her car, it's really hard to stay positive.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

http://wordpress.com/tag/caylee-anthony/

Dreams do come true when your an American.
Congratulations President and Vice President Elect, Barack Obama and Joe Biden!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Ugh I followed this most of the summer while I was visiting my parents outside of Orlando. I think the mom Casey know what happened and was probably involved. It would be great to think that Caylee will be found safe & sound but I highly doubt that.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

It's kind of sad that when I first heard about this one, I thought "Another mom who killed her kid.." What I truly don't understand is, with all the missing kids in this country, who picks which ones get massive press coverage?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
It's kind of sad that when I first heard about this one, I thought "Another mom who killed her kid.." What I truly don't understand is, with all the missing kids in this country, who picks which ones get massive press coverage?
FOX and Nancy Grace apparently. (I think a show featuring Nancy Grace being attacked by bears would be the highest rated show on television ever. Is there anyone who doesn't hate her?)

Which was why for a long time, I ignored this case and its coverage.

But really there are some exceptional things about it in terms of the mother's refusal to cooperate and willingness to mislead and the nutty grandmother.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
FOX and Nancy Grace apparently. (I think a show featuring Nancy Grace being attacked by bears would be the highest rated show on television ever. Is there anyone who doesn't hate her?)
I don't hate her.

I try to follow this case, but everytime I go to Nancy Grace it'll say "Breaking News" when in actuality its the same news from a couple days ago.

You can't tell me that Casey did NOT have anything to do with her daughter's disappearance. She can say all she wants that it was the babysitter, but give me a break. You don't leave your daughter with a babysitter, and then wait a month until you tell someone she's missing.

I also think that the grandparents know what happened to Caylee. They've flip-flopped their story soo many times. First, they had NOOOOOO idea who the babysitter was, then it was "oh yeah, we've known her, we've met her." They why couldn't you identify her, or even give a description? I understand that Casey is their daughter, but Caylee is their granddaughter, and at one point one of them has to supercede the other. Either they rather protect Casey, or they want to find justice for Caylee. If I was Casey's parents, i'd DEMAND answers. I don't know how long i'd support her.

And seriously, how many "Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez" are there in FL that have something to do with that apartment complex? And she's been cleared, but supposedly its hte wrong "Zenaida."
Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
I don't hate her.

I try to follow this case, but everytime I go to Nancy Grace it'll say "Breaking News" when in actuality its the same news from a couple days ago.

You can't tell me that Casey did NOT have anything to do with her daughter's disappearance. She can say all she wants that it was the babysitter, but give me a break. You don't leave your daughter with a babysitter, and then wait a month until you tell someone she's missing.

I also think that the grandparents know what happened to Caylee. They've flip-flopped their story soo many times. First, they had NOOOOOO idea who the babysitter was, then it was "oh yeah, we've known her, we've met her." They why couldn't you identify her, or even give a description? I understand that Casey is their daughter, but Caylee is their granddaughter, and at one point one of them has to supercede the other. Either they rather protect Casey, or they want to find justice for Caylee. If I was Casey's parents, i'd DEMAND answers. I don't know how long i'd support her.

And seriously, how many "Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez" are there in FL that have something to do with that apartment complex? And she's been cleared, but supposedly its hte wrong "Zenaida."
We need to talk about Nancy. Even if you say that you don't hate her, are you sure you wouldn't want to see the TV special I proposed? How about with cobras? Or Piranhas? What about just a death match between Nancy and Dr. Laura?

I'm so with you on everything you said about the Caylee case. I will reveal just how much it bothers me: it almost makes me feel like we ought to be able to disregard the presumption of innocence and arrange some cruel and unusual punishment until the mother comes clean about what happened.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Aren't you Hispanic?

I realize the connection to the apt complex probably makes that Zenaida unique, but Zenaida isn't an unusual Hispanic name, and Fernandez-Gonzalez may as well be Smith-Jones.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a newstory yesterday that authorities found a gun in her grandfather's trunk... and that Caylee's mom was going back to jail b/c of check fraud. I just checked CNN and can't find it, but it looks like she is out of jail (again?). They found traces of cholorform in her car, and internet searches on chloroform on the mom's computer.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
I saw a newstory yesterday that authorities found a gun in her grandfather's trunk... and that Caylee's mom was going back to jail b/c of check fraud. I just checked CNN and can't find it, but it looks like she is out of jail (again?). They found traces of cholorform in her car, and internet searches on chloroform on the mom's computer.
Yeah she was initially out on a $500,000 bond b/c some bountyhunter thought he could get Casey to give more information. Well that backfired on him, and she didn't talk (to pretty much anyone). She went back to jail for check fraud and then an anonymous source bailed Casey out (again for $500,000).

What I don't understand is if they found chloroform, hair (that has already been a match to Caylee), a big stain in the car (that was a match to Caylee), why don't they charge Casey yet? Are they going to wait for a body? Poor girl was probably dumped in a lake, the ocean or something.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
I was in Orlando the end of July for Delta's National Convention. This was all they talked about in the news. So the parents and I winded up following this story. Sometimes we'll catch an occasional story on Nancy Grace to follow up what's going on (and doesn't she seem more sensitive since she had the twins?).

Quote:

Cosign. I think the whole family knows what happened to the girl.

Quote:
I agree about cruel & unusual punishment. I also think that Casey has a poor excuse of a lawyer. Nancy Grace (lol)interviewed him and all the "experts" (who were all lawyers) said that he has NO idea what he was talking about. He was trying to justify why Casey wouldn't talk (this was early into the case, around the time she was first arrested) and they all pretty much said he was talking outta his ass.

I understand that Casey might not want to reveal that she killed her child, but come on, how long are you gonna keep believing that the babysitter took her. I seriously think that she needs to have a psych evaulation, because she might literally believe her own lies and that is why she doesn't say anything. She has to have AT LEAST one screw loose.
Cosign on this too, especially the lawyer part.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What I don't understand is if they found chloroform, hair (that has already been a match to Caylee), a big stain in the car (that was a match to Caylee), why don't they charge Casey yet? Are they going to wait for a body? Poor girl was probably dumped in a lake, the ocean or something.
I think they are just taking their time on this one. Imagine if she is set free because of a possible double jeopardy?

Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksirfidel View Post
I think they are just taking their time on this one. Imagine if she is set free because of a possible double jeopardy?
I was JUST saying this to my mom back in Orlando tonight. I think the Police are really fed up with Casey by now but they are being careful about charging her for a crime if they don't have 100% solid proof. At the same time my heart really aches since there is a child missing.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksirfidel View Post
wouldn't it only be double jeopardy if she is on trial? As far as I know (about double jeopardy) she can be arrested as many times as necessary. But once she's put on trial, that's her one and only chance.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
wouldn't it only be double jeopardy if she is on trial? As far as I know (about double jeopardy) she can be arrested as many times as necessary. But once she's put on trial, that's her one and only chance.
Yes, that's what I meant. If they charge her with murder now, they only have so many days to capture all the necessary evidence they need before the trial. I believe they are hoping to find more substantial evidence before charging her.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I really can't stand the pic on the Orlando Sentinel website of a child holding a poster reading "How could you kill a baby like me?" WTF is the point of that??