GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,556
1 members and 1,555 guests
No Members online

Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

VLS 2008/Convention 2009 speculation thread

So Jennie and I were talking about convention and VLS this past week while I was in San Diego. And we decided we should start a thread where we can guess where convention/VLS
will be.
Yes, we are a bit early, but that is okay. We can also discuss. LOL.

For Convention, I'm going to have to guess like the Northwest (Ohio, Illinois) or Florida.

I'm thinking somewhere maybe in the south. I don't think Texas or Georgia are options (because they were were two previous conventions were out of the last three).

Jennie and I have decided that we should have another convention on a Cruise! (They've done it before, I think).

Even though we don't have a chapter there, I'm all about Hawaii. LOL.

Let's see VLS. It was in Georgia last year. Hmm, maybe Texas or even Tennessee.

Guesses? Thoughts?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-07-2007, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
So Jennie and I were talking about convention and VLS this past week while I was in San Diego. And we decided we should start a thread where we can guess where convention/VLS
will be.
Yes, we are a bit early, but that is okay. We can also discuss. LOL.

For Convention, I'm going to have to guess like the Northwest (Ohio, Illinois) or Florida.

I'm thinking somewhere maybe in the south. I don't think Texas or Georgia are options (because they were were two previous conventions were out of the last three).

Jennie and I have decided that we should have another convention on a Cruise! (They've done it before, I think).

Even though we don't have a chapter there, I'm all about Hawaii. LOL.

Let's see VLS. It was in Georgia last year. Hmm, maybe Texas or even Tennessee.

Guesses? Thoughts?
Ohhhh - I'd love the next Convention to be in Nashville! (my brothers still live there) We had it in Naples FL (Naples II) in 99. I'd agree that somewhere "Northwest" is due, but I don't consider OH or IL to be Northwest.... (maybe you meant MIDwest?)
Old 01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

I can remember seeing that Convention was held in Banff, in Canada, one year. Ever since my first Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon, I've wanted to go to Banff!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Whats weird is that in the last issue of the Chronicle it mentioned that the location for Convention 2011 and it struck me as odd that they mentioned the '11 convention site but not the '09.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBADPi View Post
Whats weird is that in the last issue of the Chronicle it mentioned that the location for Convention 2011 and it struck me as odd that they mentioned the '11 convention site but not the '09.
Not that I get the Chronicle, but that is just a little odd. Since I obviously didn't read the article, maybe it was a typo. You know instead of saying "this is where we would like to have it" they said "this is where we are having it". LOL.

Hey as long as it's a good location that is all I care about.

Oh I know let's play a convention '11 guessing game? You give us clues, we make guesses and you can only tell us if we are right or wrong via PM. LOL.

Yeah, I'm a little tired.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBADPi View Post

Nope that is what it said- in 2011 we're back in AZ... and the contract for 2009 is already signed and planned They usually like to wait and surprise everyone at the end of this convention in Boston

ADPi is not for four years, it's for a lifetime!!!

"Let Us Sing to Alpha Delta... to the White and Azure Blue"
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpideltaup View Post
Nope that is what it said- in 2011 we're back in AZ... and the contract for 2009 is already signed and planned They usually like to wait and surprise everyone at the end of this convention in Boston

Well Phoenix had it in 05, so I don't think it is Phoenix again. I'll have to say Tucson, considering they haven't had it since 1997.

Although, eek, airfare (if it is in Tucson) isn't going to be cheap (since it's not the major airport in the state). I wonder, if it is in Tucson, if they would have sisters fly into Sky Harbor and then drive them down.

I have to say I'm kind of surprised they picked AZ for 2011 because it will be only 6 years, while they waited 8 years before coming back the last time.

Works for me. The AZ conventions I can then guareentee I'll be at, because their in AZ!!!!

Last edited by ASUADPi; 01-10-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

As the one that does the 20 min flights from Phoenix to Tucson and even the 30 min flights to Flagstaff. Flying all the way to Tucson adds between $40-$100 to the trip and flying to Flagstaff is $20-$40.

Those are the two airports in Arizona that are served by a major airline, US Airways Express/America West Express/ Mesa Airlines. If Convention '11 is in Prescott/ Sedona right now that is served by Great Lakes Airlines and I have no idea how much that is.

Maybe by 2011 we will have all of our planes painted in the new US Airways Express colors. So yea that is air travel around AZ from PHX.

If anyone is scared of the airplane size the TUS airplane is a CRJ-900 jet which holds 86 passengers and the A319 holds 150. The airplane to FLG is a Dash-8 which is a propeller plane that holds 37.