GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 807
1 members and 806 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 08-31-2003, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

KD colonization

hi. i am thinking about being apart of the KD colonization at Univ. of North Florida in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to hear some thoughts on KD from you guys. Do you love it?
Old 09-01-2003, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

smiley: I read your rush thread...you are an amazing girl, and I strongly suggest that you check out our colonization. Kappa Delta is a wonderful organization. The National Officers are extremely dedicated people, we have many active alum associations, and the undergrad chapters are very strong!

Kappa Delta has given me lifelong friends, bridesmaids, happy memories, connections in a new city, and a strong sense of self.

Please keep us updated on how things go!!

If there are any KDs on the forum that are taking part in the colonization, I'd love to hear how things go from that end!!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL. i know you guys love it. stupid question. i have already been to the national website numerous times looking at all the chapter sites. i needed some personal feedback.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, Smiley21!
I defnitely think you should check out the KD colonization. My chapter is only 5 years old so I understand being a "baby" chapter. Our situation was a little different because all of the local sororities became national. But trust me, the operations of the local were very different from being a national chapter.
My chapter has grown and changed so much since joining KD, even within the four years that I was in the chapter. We have grown in size, reached number 1 in grades for an entire year, created a successful philanthropy project that we will be expanding, reached number 1 in community service hour, and created a stronger bond between sister. This is not the chapter that existed when we transitioned, but KD saw that the spark was there. As a whole, our chapter never had a lot of self-confidence, but we have achieved what we have because the self-confidence we lacked was more than made up for by support from our National Officers. They always reminded us that by relaxing and enjoying our time we could better work together to achieve our goals. Our Chaper Advisory Board and Collegiate Province President always believed in us and were there when we needed them. Everytime I met a National Officer at some type of Greek conference, they still remembered our chapter being installed and really cared about how we were doing. Now, the girls tell me that they are ready for informal recruitment, prepping for spring, and ready to go, exicted for what the future holds. I know that the colony at UNF will have the same support. KD has had the opportunity to colonize a number of chapters within the past few years, and each chapter has faced its challenges but grown stronger and successful along the way. You will never be alone on this journey.
Kappa Delta has also given a lot of attention to member education and growth. If you have not read the Norman Shield on the website, I would encourage you to do so. It outlines the new member education process. Education continues a member with educational programs offered at various points by the differnt officers. This continues with support through the transition from college to adult life (KD Edge program) and very active Alum Associations. All of this, combined with the building of a lifetime of memories and relationships, is a complete package.
This would be a great opportunity to really build your Greek experience. You want to be Greek for the right reasons. A colony needs women who are dedicated to the work that needs to be completed and see the bigger picture of what is to come.
I hope you consider at least attending the informatiional meetings. PM me if you have questions. Best of luck!!

ValpoKD
Old 09-18-2003, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GeorginaDG63
Talking CONGRATS

hey ladies...i dont mean to intrude on your message board, but i just wanted to say congrats to Kappa Delta for colonizing @ UNF! Delta Gamma has been the baby here for four years and in that short amount of time our chapter has accomplished such great things...including chapter of the year!!! i am so excited for KD and all the wonderful aspects they will bring to UNF! i saw the girls walkin around today with little KD tote bags and was so excited to see new letters on campus heh! again...CONGRATS!!!