GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,716
1 members and 1,715 guests
Overthinker

Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongreek19.. View Post
The Talented Tenth...it is a mere theory..of W.E.B. Dubois, a great man with what I believe to be a very flawed and dangerous theory that "The Negro race, like all races, is going to be saved by its exceptional men. The problem of education, then, among Negroes must first of all deal with the Talented Tenth;" Who decides who should and shouldn't be a part of the apart of this tenth?
http://teachingamericanhistory.org/l...p?document=174
God created us all equal with our own individual gifts and talents with which we can produce social change.Just because you attend college that doesn't make you any smarter that the local baker the community leader who is self educated or the reformed ex-criminal. Any man has the potential to lead and conquer as long as he has the drive and the determination to do so. No matter race creed, socioeconomic background or influence you to can be a leader. It is the will of the individual....But if you have a different view you may share....I do not get on the Internet to have educate conversation I have that everyday amongst friends. The internet chat rooms and social networking websites are for fun. I feel stupid now that I actually wasted my time writing something like this on here that you people probably do not have the mental capacity to understand .smh
You do realize the issue was you referring to the Talented Ten instead of the Talented tenth in your earlier post. There is a big difference between 10 people out of a population and 10 percent of a population. LOL
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
You do realize the issue was you referring to the Talented Ten instead of the Talented tenth in your earlier post. There is a big difference between 10 people out of a population and 10 percent of a population. LOL
I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she probably meant "tenth" since she could care less about spelling and grammar and also since she was so busy trying to tell everyone how the NPHC orgs operate. She obviously knows more than we do about our processes.