GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,062
1 members and 1,061 guests
Sarak24034

Old 12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

+

Last edited by Amalia17; 10-01-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

We took people based on two things:
1) What they could give us.
2) What we could give them.

That simple. And I tend to think that you will always be cut for a reason and not letting your personality shine through isn't some crutch - it's still messing up.

-Rudey
Old 12-02-2003, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
For girls we haven't bid, I won't give you the specifics (ie "Heather got cut because at SigEp's last party she gave my boyfriend a lapdance then took off her shirt")
You weren't supposed to tell anyone.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
LOL I probably wouldn't have put such a directly insulting comment in a rebuttal argument lol.

However, does your desire for me not to reproduce actually pertain to girls being cut by sororities? Or did you just want to take some random insults to Pm lol?

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
First of all, I kind of hope James never has children. So hopefully that is a nonissue.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
You have talked to me, I am pretty detached. I would discuss the situation pretty lucidly and objectively with her.

If that didn't solve the problem, I would just buy her something really expensive.

I am with Rudey when he talks about Big Money jobs lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moxie
Let me pose a hypothetical situation:
James has a daughter who grows up and goes off to college! Daddy is so proud of his baby girl! She decides to rush and is cut hard and not offered a bid - she is very disappointed but decides to try again, perhaps by going to a few informal recruitment events. Maybe she is shy, maybe she is quiet - for whatever reason, she is not offered a bid during these COB events. Daddy's girl is upset and comes to him, asking what went wrong. Isn't she cute? Isn't she smart? What's wrong with her?!
I'd love to see Daddy smile and say, "Well, dear, you likely had not one single quality that either impressed or distinguished you from the herd to the groups that met you!"
Old 12-02-2003, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

i was just messing with you
but as for buying her something really expensive - you can't go wrong
Old 12-02-2003, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
conflicts with a girl in the house already
This will always be a big one..........
Old 12-02-2003, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

along with conflicts with a girl in a chapter- conflicts with alumnae! or alumnae that know you have a bad rep, nasty attitude, etc. from high school or elsewhere.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

In sum...

If you don't get a bid from at least one house...YOU SUCK!

I hope you all know that I'm not being serious.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
LOL I probably wouldn't have put such a directly insulting comment in a rebuttal argument lol.

However, does your desire for me not to reproduce actually pertain to girls being cut by sororities? Or did you just want to take some random insults to Pm lol?
Hahaha, no.

I just meant that, if your GC persona is any indication, you would raise some rather f%$@ed up children. Especially if they're girls.

Of course, the way people act on an online message board isn't necessarily indicative of the way they'll act with their kids, so if you're actually a big cuddly supportive teddy bear kinda guy, go right ahead. And you certainly aren't the only person on GC that I would discourage reproduction for.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

one issue gcer's have been loathe to bring up is that of physical appearance - if your heart is set on being in xyz sorority and they are, for the most part, 6 ft tall, nordic blonde beauties, who all wear size 0 dresses , have gold plated saks charge cards,carry 4.0 gpas and all aspire to be brain surgeons, and you do not fit that category, that is why you did not receive a bid. if you weigh 200 to 300 pounds, that is why you did not receive a bid. appearance is one factor, and if you are not at least neat in appearance, with reasonably fashionable clothes, you will have to be stellar in other aspects to get invited back. it may seem harsh and superficial, but it is a factor. but, if one sits back and analyzes the situation and feels one falls into this category,and you still want to be in a sorority, you can do something about it-lose weight, check out some fashion magazines, get a new, more
up to date hair style. and i am speaking in general terms, not about a specific sorority, campus or pnm. i know that there are exceptions to every situation, but i also feel that we should be truthful with the pnm's.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
Hahaha, no.

I just meant that, if your GC persona is any indication, you would raise some rather f%$@ed up children. Especially if they're girls.

Of course, the way people act on an online message board isn't necessarily indicative of the way they'll act with their kids, so if you're actually a big cuddly supportive teddy bear kinda guy, go right ahead. And you certainly aren't the only person on GC that I would discourage reproduction for.
James is supportive when he wants to be.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I say this is more discouraging then anthing to PNM's, this whole thread would turn me off from rushing... I don't think it's really do anything beneficial but hurting PNM's and changing their minds about how possibly superficial the greek system may be.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

But it's realistic.

There are superficial aspects in each and every part of life.

Like a lot of people have said in various discussions.... it's like a job interview. You want to present yourself in the best possible light, which includes appearance. Yeah, it may not be "fair" or whatever could be argued, but IT'S LIFE.

And it varies from school to school. But one thing that will not vary is if you do not have pride in yourself, you will get cut (which includes pride in your apperance. Regardless of weight or money, you can be clean, presentable, and dress in a way that's flattering- 10 rolls hanging out isn't flattering on anyone).

When people don't take care of their appearance, they also tend not to take care of themselves on the inside as well. Yes, there are people who take care of themselves physically but are a mess inside. But if you care about yourself, then you want to present yourself in the best possible light.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by Discotish; 05-30-2005 at 11:01 AM.