GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,555
2 members and 1,553 guests
nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 06-10-2003, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Question What to wear!!!???

Okay ladies. I need some quick help (esp. from those in the cincinnati area...they will know the best stores). I am doing a reading in a friend's wedding on the 21st of June (in like 2 weeks!!) and I am having the hardest time finding a dress to wear. Her bridesmaids are wearing black and white so I am try to stay away from those colors because I don't want to seem like I am trying to blend into the wedding party. I have tried 2 malls already (florence, ky and kenwood). I am heading to eastgate on thursday. Keep in mind that I will be in a catholic church in front of everyone so I don't want to have a dress that would be worn to the clubs if you know what I mean. Anyway, hopefully some one out there can help. I know that we have great taste in fashion...I got my best ideas for outfits from my college roomies/ sisters!! Thanks everyone!!!

LiEP
Erin
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish I could help. But I am not familiar with the cincinnati area at all. However I was looking for a special occassion dress and came across some that were really classy and reasonably priced on nordstoms.com.

Good Luck!
Old 06-10-2003, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not from the Cincinnati area, so I can't help you with stores, but can you maybe give us a little more detail about the wedding? Is it in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Is it black tie, semiformal, or informal?

I don't think that you could go wrong with a sheath dress in a pastel color, or a pretty floral or toile pattern! Something in shantung (raw silk) would be lovely, fairly formal, and breathable (so you don't get *too* hot).

Hope you find something gorgeous!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

more details

The wedding is in the evening..I would say it would be semi-formal.... (suit/tie for men dresses/skirts for women). It isn't a sit down dinner or anything like that. Just a good ole fashion catholic wedding...thanks for all the suggestions so far!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
I can't remember if there is an Anthropologie in Cinci, but if there is, I would check there. I was having trouble finding something to wear for my sister's rehearsal dinner until I went there and found quite a few different dresses and skirts that I loved.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Erin!
Haven't heard from you, hope everything is going well!
As to dress, you are apart of the wedding party so you don't have to look too different from them. A plain black dress would be okay. I know that you want to keep prices down, so have you tried Target. I got my graduation dress from there and a really nice skirt and top for work.

Also try Burlington Coat Factor... I got a dress that I wore for bacalorett and then I am wearing it to a wedding on the 21st also. I got it for $40.

These are just a few suggestions.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Arin
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 06-15-2003, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone...just wanted to let you all know that I found a dress for my friends wedding. I ended up getting it at Gap.

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...10&wpid=198722

I showed it to the bride and she loved it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

LiEP
Erin
Old 06-15-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Really cute, I like it. I have a wedding question now... Jeremy (the Boy) and I are going to his exgirlfriend's wedding next weekend and i want to look damn good.

So I was going to wear a really cute black dress with a slightly beaded rose on the top and bottom. The wedding is at 1 so my questions is whether or not I can wear black to a 1 pm wedding?
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 06-16-2003, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see why not. Now I am not the best at fashion ettiquite(spelling??) for weddings, but it is my understanding that just about anything black is okay now a days...
Old 06-16-2003, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by gcsmith
just about anything black is okay now a days...
Since the wedding is in the evening, a tasteful little black dress seems very appropriate.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Personally, I don't think you can ever go wrong with black! Its very chic and forgiving of figure flaws (not that you have any!).

I have a wedding to attend on Sunday and I will be wearing a black strapless dress with a pretty white lace overlay. I'm not describing it well, because it sounds kind of tacky, but its very elegant! I can't wait to wear it.

Have fun! I'm sure you will look gorgeous!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Erin and Maria, I hope you both have a wonderful time at the weddings you will be attending!

(Erin, I love the dress!!!)