GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,286
0 members and 1,286 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Way to go! I am so glad that you got Phi Mu! I hope that it is everything you have imagined and more!

So you are now called a "Phi", right? I think they call their New Members "Phi's".

The Phi Mu's I know have the most awesome sisterhood going on. You should have a blast
Old 08-27-2001, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Congratulations, UFGirl! I'm so happy that you've found your lifelong home with Phi Mu!
Old 08-27-2001, 11:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Congrats UFgirl!!! Best of luck, and enjoy it to the fullest Phi Mu is lucky to get such a great girl!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Congratulations, UF Girl! I couldn't be happier for you...Phi Mu is one lucky fraternity!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I am so happy for you UFGirl!!! Congratulations on your new sisterhood!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
Congrats
Old 08-27-2001, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
Okay, as promised, the details................

yesterday (bid day) I got up at 10am with every intention to get my homework done. but I was so excited and nervous about the day that I couldn't focus on anything anyway, so at 5pm all of the rushees met at the university auditorium and the rho chi's were revealed. Let me just confess that I was TOTALLY wrong about mine, I guess thats part of the fun! So then we were all taken to the field across the street from sorority row, and all the sorority girls were standing in front of their houses with ballons and signs and doing cheers. It was really emotional for me. There were also about 200 frat boys there cheering us on and 5 of them streaked yup, completely NAKED!! ahh the joys of sisterhood, lol, just joking. So then everyone got their bid cards and we counted down and opened them all the once. When I opened mine I couldn't stop screaming and jumping and crying, but it was okay because everyone else was doing the same I ran to the Phi Mu house where all the "Phi's" (pledges)were greeted. We took pictures and ate dinner then we all went to the movies together where they had rented an entire theater just for phi mu and we saw legally blonde. It was so much fun. After that we went back to the house and did a little bit of ritual stuff (I cried again!) and then our "Phi Friend" ( its like a temporary big sis) took us back to our dorm at like 1am. Today I went back to the house after school to each lunch and hang out, and I'm about to leave to go to dinner there where we'll also to some sisterhood stuff. Okay, well that's it for now. I hope you guys liked hearing about my rush experience as much as I love livin' it baby, yeah!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Thumbs up

Congrats to you! I'm happy everything turned out the way it was suppose to!
Old 08-27-2001, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Today's the day!!

congrats!!!!

Last edited by Aphigal; 08-27-2001 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:43 PM

Congrats!
Old 08-27-2001, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
Smile I have a new sister!!!!!

Congratulations, UFGirl!!!!!! I am a Phi Mu from FSU and I would like to be the first Phi Mu from GC to welcome you to our sisterhood I can't begin to tell you what an amazing experience it is---cherish every moment and HAVE FUN!!!!!!! "Les Soeurs Fideles"

In a side note--this is the former ladybug16. When GC underwent it's new format my password got all messed up and e-mail attempts to solve it didn't work. So here I am with a similar username!
Old 08-27-2001, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Congratulations UFGirl!!!

Ladybug1116, the same thing happened to me! All attempts to obtain my old password did not work. So here I am with a new name.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
UF girl, we loved hearing your rush experiences, and I know we will love to here your pledging experiences. Just remember, it may get overwhelming at times, but we are always here for you to vent or to ask questions. So please keep coming back to us(especially us alumnas that miss our pledge periods!!!!!

Much Greek love,
Old 08-27-2001, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Quote:
Originally posted by UFgirl
Okay, as promised, the details................
So then everyone got their bid cards and we counted down and opened them all the once. When I opened mine I couldn't stop screaming and jumping and crying, but it was okay because everyone else was doing the same I ran to the Phi Mu house where all the "Phi's" (pledges)were greeted. We took pictures and ate dinner then we all went to the movies together where they had rented an entire theater just for phi mu and we saw legally blonde. It was so much fun. After that we went back to the house and did a little bit of ritual stuff (I cried again!) and then our "Phi Friend" ( its like a temporary big sis) took us back to our dorm at like 1am. Today I went back to the house after school to each lunch and hang out, and I'm about to leave to go to dinner there where we'll also to some sisterhood stuff. Okay, well that's it for now. I hope you guys liked hearing about my rush experience as much as I love livin' it baby, yeah!!!
This is such a beautiful experience, I am so pleased to learn about GLO Rushes from the ladies going through it now. Congratulations!
Old 07-10-2002, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
Thumbs up Ahh...the memories!

Hey guys

I was doing a search and ran across my old rush experience at UF last fall and I couldn't help but bump it up! It brought back so many good memories(and some not so good ones ) but it was all worth it in the end.

I though people would get a kick out of reading it again, and for all those women going through UF for the first time this year can get a really good idea of what it was like for me!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's already been a year! I can't wait to get a little sister!

BYE BYE
Closed Thread