GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,339
3 members and 2,336 guests
Cookiez17, PKT4LIFE, Xidelt

Old 06-12-2000, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Painting the Bronx, NY pretty PINK and gorgeous GREEN
Post Don't respond to negativity...

Hey greek and nongreek alike,

I try here at greekchat to be as civil as possible in the chat rooms because I know that there are mank topics that touch a nerve with some people, lets pu tthis into pratice. when someone post negative crap (especially those unregistered) DONT RESPOND!!! Dont fuel any fires that these people (registered or not) may cause. I believe we can talk about controversial topics without being so harsh to others. It would be in the best interest of all of us. Mr Hammell, I suggest that you make this forum only for registered users. This would make things easier for us all. Keep it positive every one.

------------------
In complete darkness we are all the same... It is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us... Don't let your eyes deceive you

Janet Jackson
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2000, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Diva_56- Some of us can't help but respond to some of the negativity. It gets really old hearing our organizations trashed over and over again. Some of it is easy to ignore. The things that bug me are just the blatant misconceptions that some people seem to feed upon. Or people just seem to want to start trouble. Look at the post Greek Activities. It is the perfect example. It started off as a very positive post and then someone went and ruined it just because they don't like what the person who posted it said in another post.

As far as the registered users thing. I think it will cut down on the negative posts but not that much, because unfortunately some people will register with a fake name and then just post under that! I'm sure our moderator has better things to do then check up on the validity of email address of people who post

ZetaAce
Old 06-13-2000, 01:45 AM
Administrator

The "Greek Life" forum is the only forum on greekchat.com which is open to unregistered users. All of the other forums, general forums & group-specific forums, can only have messages posted by registered members of the website. "Greek Life" was opened to unregistered users for the people who have no intention on registering but still have *something* to contribute to the forums (some Internet users prefer not to register on any websites). Also, this forum gives unregistered users the chance to see how the forums work before registering (kind of like a test drive).

Recently, some unregistered users have used this *feature* in order to post negative comments anonymously. I can understand wanting to require registrations in order to put an end to the negative comments, but I think positive posts by unregistered users outnumber the negative by far (but maybe not recently). However, this does not mean unregistered users will always be able to post as I may change this in the future. For now, I am going to see how things develop & will make changes if needed. By the way, I may have an idea for a possible solution - I will post details on this later in the week.

------------------
John Hammell
Network Administrator, GreekChat.com
Old 06-14-2000, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel that everyone has the right to voice his or her opinion registered or not. We are all adults and should have respect for one another!!!