GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,272
0 members and 2,272 guests
No Members online

Old 04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
For crying out loud:

USE THE "SEND LATER" FEATURE ON YOUR CELL PHONE. Type up a bunch of text messages and time them to be sent at whatever frequency you are supposed to send them. You and your pledge brothers have made this so much harder than it needs to be. If you would have done what I suggested in the first place, it would have taken you about 4-5 minutes to get the job done. You basically hazed yourselves.
theres no such feature on our phones and only one of us has a phone which supports an app similar to that.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
You basically hazed yourselves.
I LMAOed @ that!!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Simple.

Don't do it. Deal with the consequences. If the consequences are push ups, or something aloong those lines w/e. If they start any 'physical consequences' then leave. For chapter that Haze, their justification is that there is a purpose to it. Being beaten or something along those lines is just an outlandish way of being taught something. Even push ups are a better way to go about things than physically beating you. If the beating is what you're scared of, and is a real possibility, don't worry, even if you get through this, they will find a way to beat you. And that IMO is not worht joining, no matter what.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

blank

Last edited by utsarunner; 04-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

If "pledging smart" is the goal, then I can say that you (and possibly your pledge brothers) have failed EPICALLY. Where do I begin...

You're trying to get other folks to do the work/answer the questions for you.

You've admitted on a public message board that you were hazed/are being hazed.

I don't think I need to even try that hard to figure out where you go to school.

Basically you've shown an utter lack of discretion, you still don't have an answer to your question.

Me thinks you should be made to pledge another 11 weeks to actually learn the lessons you should have learned by now.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

blank

Last edited by utsarunner; 04-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsarunner View Post
its a good thing i was especially careful not to say what organization im pledging for right?
we are already starting to use tactics we discussed on our own by using an automated text.
i was simply seeing if anybody had any other ideas which evidently nobody does so i guess this whole topic is pointless, only a bunch of hostility and insults.
A round of applause to the "respect" people of other organizations on this give to other people who simply look to better themselves and their situations.
LOL at forced texting your brothers at night = "looking to better yourself and your organization."

FAIL.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
LOL at forced texting your brothers at night = "looking to better yourself and your organization."

FAIL.
this made no sense..
Old 04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What exactly did they say? Word for word. Not what you interpret what they said.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

blank

Last edited by utsarunner; 04-28-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

We thought exactly this but the problem is there are 5 of us, 4 of them go to one school and i, by myself, go to another but we still pledge together, are assigned tasks together, and if one of us screws up, we all get punished for it.

i cannot be with them because they are one hour away.
some of the fraternity brothers want texts every 30 min while others want it every hour. we asked them if we were to send from one phone how often would we need to text and its every 5 minutes but one of us has a auto text app so we are considering doing that but i am quite sure thats not the way we are expected to get through this and there is another solution..
i want to bring it up as hazing but i am kinda scared of the consequences of for say being dropped.. i do not want 11 weeks of hard work, blood, sweat, tears and money to go to waste. (Yes, literally blood, sweat and tears)

----------------

The physical aspect is not a problem, push ups, log squats, flutter kicks, etc. is all mental in my mind. The consequences of not doing timestamps are essays. Each missed = 2 additional pages added on to the essay we are assigned.
Either way its not the consequences I am having difficulties with, its trying to pledge smart and figure out the solution. We are expected to pledge smart all the time.
They tell us to do 20 hits and they walk away, they WANT us to be smart and only do 5 and say we are finished (I learned this the hard way).
Im just looking to see if some bright mind who is good at mental games can figure this one out and give some advice. Consequences are not an issue, but truthfully, I'd much rather do 400 push ups then write 12 page single spaced essays.

----------------------

Dang he removed the others .....

Refuse, report, or quit.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 04-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I still had a window open with the first few posts.

Quote:
I have been tasked to text my brothers every hour on the hour the time for example: i must text at 1pm with a text "1"
there is apparently a way to get out of doing it and they told me to think of the solution or id be going to 30 min timestamps. its hard enough sleeping with 1 hour timestamps.

if you can think of any solutions to help me out, please do so.
Thanks.
Quote:
thats what i said and i am considering that as a way to get them to stop this stupid act. if i dont figure it out they threaten to change it from 1 hour to 30 min timestamps which will insure i do not sleep at night. sleep deprivation is definitely hazing.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I had to leave before the response so I lost what he had posted.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

All this aside... I get that it's mental, but wouldn't it piss you off if you were an active getting a text every hour on the hour? I wake up every time my phone goes off, whether I want to or not.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
All this aside... I get that it's mental, but wouldn't it piss you off if you were an active getting a text every hour on the hour? I wake up every time my phone goes off, whether I want to or not.
They probably put their phones on silent and then just check it later. If they don't, these dumbasses are hazing themselves unless their ringtone gives them a boner or something.