GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,203
3 members and 2,200 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Hey Cluey!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cluey
I was initiated into the Delta Upsilon chapter of Gamma Phi Beta, which is located at the University of Georgia. In Gamma Phi Beta, alumnae initiates affiliate through the initiating collegiate chapter.

I hope to receive my badge and, someday, a little DU guard.

I hope this makes sense and, please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong

DITTO FOR ME!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:56 PM

ASA alum initiates usually take on the chapter of whoever sponsored them, whether it is the nearest geographically or not.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

As tom mentioned, Lambda Chi has 2 types of alum initiations: The first is for Faculty, called faculty initiate, which is for your campus advisor or any memberof the university community(male, of course) who has been especially supportive of your chapter over the years or has made significant contributions of time and energy to your chapter.

The second is called honary initiation, and is for anyone (again, male of course) who has made significant contributions to Lambda Chi Alpha at the international level or undergraduate chapter level.

Both types are initialted by an undergraduate chapter, and receive an initiation number in regualr fashon, as if they were undergraduats joining the chapter.

My undergrad chapter has 2 alum initates, both faculty.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Pi Beta Phi's alumnae initiates are members of the collegiate chapter into which they initiate. (In Pi Beta Phi, only a collegiate chapter can preform initiation. And, I think, the Grand President for installations.)
Old 06-04-2003, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

All Alumni Chapters in Alpha (except three) end in Lambda, beginning with Alpha Lambda through Psi Lambda, then Alpha Alpha Lambda, and so on.

Random fact: you can affiliate with more than one alumni chapter!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver
As tom mentioned, Lambda Chi has 2 types of alum initiations: The first is for Faculty, called faculty initiate, which is for your campus advisor or any memberof the university community(male, of course) who has been especially supportive of your chapter over the years or has made significant contributions of time and energy to your chapter.

The second is called honary initiation, and is for anyone (again, male of course) who has made significant contributions to Lambda Chi Alpha at the international level or undergraduate chapter level.
Phi Mu Alpha has a similar but not quite identical situation. We don't have alumnus initiation as such.

Technically, I think, faculty (or other member of the college/university community -- male of course) may either be initiated as a collegiate member or an honorary member. If such a person is initiated as a collegiate member, he must first pledge and go through the probationary member process. After initiation, he may remain a collegiate member or may convert to alumni status. (An alumnus member connected with the school may affiliate with a collegiate chapter, but he has to assume all obligations of collegiate membership if he does this.) Obviously, a faculty/staff type person initiated in this way will be considered an initiate/member of the chapter that initiated him.

Honorary members, who do not pledge and do not have to go through the probationary member process, may be initiated by a chapter, in which case they are identified by that chapter's name. (A chapter is limited to two honorary initiates per school year -- in my experience, honorary initiation by chapters is not that common at all.) A chapter can also initiate as an honorary someone who is already a Sinfonian -- making him an initiate/member of AB chapter and an honorary initiate/member of CD chapter.

There are also national honorary members. The national honorary chapter is Alpha Alpha -- this is the only chapter name we have with double letters.

I hope I got that all correct.