GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 954
2 members and 952 guests
naraht, Titchou

Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Banned

SOS SOMEONE PLZ ANSWER

so i've been wanting to rush since freshman year but i couldn't rush my freshman or sophomore year due to personal reasons, i go to a private university so rush is typically second semester. i'm considering rushing as a junior but i'm currently on university probation due to being falsely accused of something and i can't rush because one of the requirements is to be in good standing with the school. My probation starts at the begining of the year and ends after second semester. rush is second semester and this is my last shot to rush as ill be a junior and i don't plan on rushing as a senior. I can appeal and if approved, i'll be able to rush. what are the chances my appeal will be approved??? what should i do??? please help someone!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conf234 View Post
so i've been wanting to rush since freshman year but i couldn't rush my freshman or sophomore year due to personal reasons, i go to a private university so rush is typically second semester. i'm considering rushing as a junior but i'm currently on university probation due to being falsely accused of something and i can't rush because one of the requirements is to be in good standing with the school. My probation starts at the begining of the year and ends after second semester. rush is second semester and this is my last shot to rush as ill be a junior and i don't plan on rushing as a senior. I can appeal and if approved, i'll be able to rush. what are the chances my appeal will be approved??? what should i do??? please help someone!
QFP
Old 06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

We would have no way to know what the chance is that your appeal will be approved. Your best resource will be someone who works in student life administration at your school.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Banned

i was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation lol or took care of a situation like mine.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Since we know what the situation was and all that...
Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

We wouldn't know what caused them to be on probation with their school as we don't with you. Sorry, but there is no way to know. Your Greek Life adviser is your best bet for correct information.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Banned

well it's simple has anyone out there wanted to rush but was unable to due to the fact that they are on university probation and did "anyone" out there appeal with greek life to be able to rush and for some reason was approved. it's not complicated to understand but i appreciate your sarcasm
Old 06-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

As a long time professor and Greek advisor, I can tell you this: that if the accusations are anywhere near true or believable, recruitment will be difficult for you. No one wants a grades or behavior risk.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I imagine that there are people in the sororities who know that you are on probation. You will be considered a grade risk if it is for grades, or a risk management risk if you are on probation for misbehavior. Combine that with your junior status, and your chances are slim to none that you will get a bid.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Banned

my gpa is high, i meet all other requirements, greek life at my school is small we only have 6 chapters so rushing as a junior or upperclassmen is common. My university probation is due to something that could have been avoided im just asking for advice or if anyone could message me privately to discuss my circumstances
Old 06-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Not really my lane here, and I'm not sure this really adds anything worthwhile to the thread, but you are getting the best advice here in that you need to talk with your Greek Life Adviser as none of us who are not part of your community are going to have a read on what sort of impact your individual situation is going to have with regard to the individual chapters you're trying to associate with.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Banned

thanks for all your help! i already contacted our greek life adviser and her answers were vague, she simply told me that i could file an appeal to participate in greek life but to keep in mind that the chances of it being approved are slim. I just wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conf234 View Post
well it's simple has anyone out there wanted to rush but was unable to due to the fact that they are on university probation and did "anyone" out there appeal with greek life to be able to rush and for some reason was approved. it's not complicated to understand but i appreciate your sarcasm
Pardon but I was being truthful, not sarcastic. We have no idea and wouldn't want to broach the subject if we did. Your best bet is to talk to the Greek Adviser at your campus. He/she knows it far better than any of us. I wish you the best but do keep in mind that on a campus with a small Greek life like yours, everyone probably knows and that will impact your chances.Just trying to be honest.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

Thanks you for your honest advice. I already emailed the greek life adviser and she simply said to file an appeal but to keep in mind that appeals are rarely approved, but i am thinking of discussing the matter with our greek life adviser in person through appointment. I'm not worried about people knowing as i have friends in greek life who have heavy influence in their chapters.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Do you realize how FEW people it takes in many chapters to cut a girl? Even one with lots of friends?