GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,483
1 members and 2,482 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Regardless of whether or not her story is true, she apologized for what she (or her roommate) said and I think we should take that at face value.

There's no point in holding grudges any further.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2003, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Clean Slate?

I'm thinking to get a fresh start on the board **for everyone** I can delete the thread, since I started it.

Any thoughts?

Adrienne (PNAM 2003)
Old 04-25-2003, 05:29 PM

Re: Clean Slate?

Quote:
Originally posted by adduncan
I'm thinking to get a fresh start on the board **for everyone** I can delete the thread, since I started it.

Any thoughts?

Adrienne (PNAM 2003)
That sounds like a great idea , my future "alumna initiate sister".
If I may suggest, perhaps copy and paste the initial few responses, that were in response to the original question, before the thread took its negative turn?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

As a collegiate Zeta Tau Alpha (for just another week!), I thought I'd chime in here and share a really great AI story with y'all. I, too, knew nothing about AI until I read some really heart-warming (and very addictive) threads here on GC. This past fall, my chapter pledged 50 beautiful new members, and one fantastic alumna new member. She owns Tiger Lily, the flower and gift shop that has been an indispensable help to us during Recruitment, Parents' Weekend, Formals, Christmas parties, you name it - for the past five or six years. She has been the "florist of choice", if you will, for a number of sororities here at Clemson because she absolutely bends over backwards to make sure anything you need or want is done, and done beautifully. I won't hazard a guess at her age, because it doesn't really matter, but I know that she has been out of college for thirty or so years.

She had become close friends with one of our advisors (a local resident and Province President who literally founded this chapter) since ZTA began here, and our advisor eventually approached her with the idea of initiating. The process, of which most of us in the collegiate chapter were entirely unaware, took a while but in the end our AI, Margaret, was able to pledge and initiate with our 2002 new member class. She has, if it's possible, become even more devoted to Zeta and to our chapter - doing anything and everything you could possibly imagine to further whatever we are working on or planning. In every sense of the word, she is our sister.

Seeing her during initiation, surrounded by all of her collegiate chapter sisters, and by many South Carolina alumnae who had come for the special initiation - was absolutely touching. I may never have really understood the purpose of AI until that moment, but it's now entirely clear to me. Zeta has added so much to my life, and shaped me in so many ways - whatever a person must do to be a part of that friendship, commitment, and bond - they'll do it.

I have great respect for all of the AI's and PNAM's - you have a drive and a desire that really says volumes about you, as it does about our own AI here in Clemson. Every time I read these threads I think about her, and how lucky we are to have "snatched her up", as we say about formal recruitment. Any sorority would be lucky to have all of you work to further their ideals and strengthen their sisterhoods. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Memo to those who question its purpose - Alumnae Initiation is not unfair, one-sided, "sneaking in", less difficult, better, or even worse than joining during college. It is simply a different means to the same end.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:39 PM

Thanks BrownEyedGirl for your inspiring post. It sounds like ZTA is very lucky indeed to have a fantastic member in Margaret. And I am sure that by Zeta approaching Margaret, Margaret feels very lucky to have Zeta too!
A Zeta Crown for Margaret!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 04-25-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:47 PM

I think a new one would be good since my soon-to-be-ex-roommate took this one in a negative turn.

I also agree that BrownEyedGirl is a wonderful ZTA!
Closed Thread