GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,502
1 members and 1,501 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 08-19-2000, 05:51 PM
Just Curious

Post Rec Centers

i was at this orientation thing at my school a few days ago, and i heard some girls talking about how they met a lot of sisters at the rec center. they said it's a good place to meet them and it's a way to find out how they interact w/ each other to see what their sorority would be like and stuff. but can someone fill me in on what a rec center is and do all schools have them?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2000, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

that sounds like a good strategy. it's always a great idea to meet lots of sisters before formal rush begins. it gives you a chance to see if you like the girls of each house, and it will help you figure out whether or not you'd fit in with them. just be aware that the sisters are paying attention to how you act, what you say, and how you carry yourself in general. if you meet a few sisters and they love you, they will pull for you during voting. it's a great sign if they try to introduce you around to other members. things that you do and say before you rush CAN and DO affect your chances.