GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,047
2 members and 1,045 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 08-15-2000, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Easing the tension with niceness

Okay, things have gotten a little tense on this board and I must admit that I have contributed. I saw this on another forum and thought it was such a nice idea that it could do some good here.

Say something good about an organization not your own. And if possible, don't just keep it in your bigger NPC, NPHC, IFC, etc. groups. Spread the love around.

I will start. ZChiforlife, I saw your chapter's homepage and I was genuinely impressed with the diversity. I haven't seen such diversity in a chapter since my own, but I know your entire organization is that way. Very beautiful.
Old 08-15-2000, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Why thank you Mwedzi! I took a look at your chapter page as well. I must say that it is very well done! You did all that by hand? You go girl!

I just wanna shout out to everyone that is doing what their founders intended for them to do. Let's make them proud by continuing to uphold the standards and goals of the dreams that they began. Let us also realize that even though some people may do things different, that it doesn't make their org any better or worse than yours. Remember, although we wear different letters, we're all sisters and brothers in Greekdom. I know you've all heard that before, but it's so true. We need to keep that in mind when we post messages. Let's all use this forum to learn about each other and not down someone for what their orgs do.

Much love everyone!
Z-Chi until I DIE!!!

------------------
A Radiant Lady of
Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
http://www.umich.edu/~zchi
Old 08-15-2000, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Thumbs up

Great idea, mwedzi. I'd like to recognize a few greek heros and heroines of mine:

Beth S., Chi Omega and the Panhellenic advisor at OU. She is inntelligent and one classy lady.

Michelle S., Alpha Kappa Alpha. She and I were in some ChemE classes together, and whenever I grumbled about my academic load, I looked up to her example. She kept an incredible GPA, she was deeply committed to her husband and little girl, her sisterhood, and was strong in her faith. She lead a university gospel choir (what wasn't she involved in?)...how she does it, I don't know...she is one strong woman!

Stephen M., Triangle...he's my Jedi twin I do love him dearly. Also, his Brothers (and brothers of my heart), including Mark W., Matthew D., Mark A., and Mark B.. They are my boys, my protectors and heros. They never let me fall.

Shannon B., Zeta Phi Beta. She is truly an inspiration...everywhere I look, there she was, always involved. What an example to look up to...truly, a phenomenal woman.

The honorable ones within the Order...for keeping the Tradition going. (And no, I'm not referring to KA's, even though they are the Kappa Alpha Order.) Erin go braugh!

There are numerous more, but these come to mind....

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited August 15, 2000).]
Old 08-15-2000, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

At the risk of missing a few, I'll add my list!

My admiration and appreciation go out to:

The men of Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity, for their helpfulness to Sigma Alpha Sorority throughout the years. In particular, for their assistance with suggesting that groups of women in agriculture contact us.

ALL of the wonderful organizations that make up the Professional Fraternity Association, for their wise counsel and friendship.

The Greekchat Community, for the insight, education and good spirit you provide.
Old 08-15-2000, 09:16 PM
hypothermia

Thumbs up

Big Shouts to the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta; you devastating women have always shown me mad love.

Much love to the ladies of Alpha Sigma Tau, some of the nicest girls I've ever met.

Big up to Alpha Kappa Psi for holding down the business field.

I'm out.

P.S.-Great Idea