GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
4 members and 1,429 guests
aantonygooglet9, John, Sen's Revenge

Old 06-29-2000, 02:14 PM
Rachie143

Thumbs down

Well, it has happened a couple of times in my chapter...and I definately think that it is not cool. How are you supposed to watch a "sister" dance with someone you once loved or shared intimate experiences with? Right now I am trying to deal with the fact that my sister, roommate and supposed friend kissed my boyfriend. And I am supposed to sit in the same room with her and talk about true sisterhood?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-29-2000, 03:25 PM
Weird

Red face

Here's my situation:

I was non-greek for the first year at my school. The next fall I rushed and joined a group. I simultaneously fell madly in love with an athlete. (This was mid-September). We started seriously dating and all was bliss! At the end of October we finally got our big sisters. I loved "Amy" and she loved me! Well about a week later she asked who I was seeing and I told her he was an athlete - no one she'd know since he wasn't greek. She asked again so I told her and she said that she knew "Jack" also and had dated him. I just laughed it off thinking it was no big deal. When I asked "Jack" he said yeah they weren't any big thing - they had met one summer at the beach and that was about it.

Wellll....a month or so passed and Jack and I got really serious about each other (*blush*)
so I told "Amy". Well Amy knew all about that road...much to my EMBARRASMENT! It turns out, not only were they a big thing once before, but also had a short lived affair later on. Plus - it turns out - he (being a year older than she) was the reason she had come to that school!

I say all this to say: I felt really weirded out when I found all this out and I didn't even know EITHER of them at the time. So how weird would it have been for me to have known her and had a relationship! Gross!
Old 06-29-2000, 09:18 PM
Theta Phi Alpha

Smile

there is actually a fraternity on my campus that has a rule (i'm not exactly sure of the "mathematical" equation), but they have a certain time limit until which a brother can date another brother's ex... it goes somehow by the amount of months the couple was together and i believe that if the relationship lasted over a year they don't "allow" any dating of ex's at all. we are a pretty small campus so i am surprised that this method leaves them with any girls left to date!! :> )
Old 07-04-2000, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of such rules, but you should always be careful when dating someone that you are close to's ex.