GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,717
2 members and 1,715 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 04-10-2015, 07:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963 Owtlaw View Post
Dude just spoke a foreign language. What's a "Zed"? I thought you had one of those Honda sports cars? You did the modifications yourself, home's? You like those new CTS Vs from Cadillac? That's a tight ass ride. I want one of those eventually.
I saw the 2016 CTS-V at the auto show this past January. Hot car. PB is anti-GM so I already know what he's going to say ... "pos" Lol.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Good for you, AF!

OAN: I'm surprised the obvious spam posts have so many views. What's up with that? People clicking them to report them, I guess?
Old 04-10-2015, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Way to go AF!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Great, AF!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Good for you, AF!

OAN: I'm surprised the obvious spam posts have so many views. What's up with that? People clicking them to report them, I guess?
Ditto AF! Congrats.

Yep, if you click a thread to report it's a view. Stupid spammers.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

The cricket spam seems to have gone away. Now we have golf spam. I have reported about 13 today. I don't know why this can't be solved once and for all. OTHER message boards have a solution. And no spam at all.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I insist! Let's do this! I can in vision it now. You would lose because 911s rule.
https://youtu.be/BYmgLO16ul0
Love it, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Sadly, this is the closest I'll come to owning a Porsche any time soon:

[/URL]

No matter. I <3 my Acura TL.
Nice 918.

Quote:
Dude just spoke a foreign language. What's a "Zed"? I thought you had one of those Honda sports cars? You did the modifications yourself, home's? You like those new CTS Vs from Cadillac? That's a tight ass ride. I want one of those eventually.
I did. It was an S2000, but I sold it and bought the BMW. I did some of the mods on that car. I had an 88' Honda CR-X when I was in school that I did all the mods on, including the Japanese design conversion.

Zed = Z. Z = Z4 (BMW). I didn't do any of the mods on this car, though. I had it done 100% through Hartge.

Yes, I do like the 2016 CTS-V. And for the price, it's a steal when it's put up against its competition. I especially like the new matte finish paint and the race style material on the steering wheel. Nice car.

Quote:
I saw the 2016 CTS-V at the auto show this past January. Hot car. PB is anti-GM so I already know what he's going to say ... "pos" Lol.
It's not that I'm "anti-GM", I just don't like bean counters, and GM is loaded with them. I'd say the last GM CEO who I think understood styling and wielded so much power in the design studio was Harlow Curtice. After Curtice, GM was run by bookkeepers who stayed bookkeepers, too focused on the numbers to worry much about what was coming out of the design studio. Instead of having a car person at the top of the company, GM got bean counters. And as far as I'm concerned, they still have that mindset. That's why I don't like GM, it's not their designers. I actually like their stylists. I went to school with a lot of them. They're very talented.
Romans 1:16
Old 04-11-2015, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Relaxing at home, eating Wild Buffalo Wings while watching the Garcia/Peterson fight = WIN!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo! Danny Garcia still undefeated!
Old 04-12-2015, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Woohoo! Danny Garcia still undefeated!
I watched that fight. Garcia won but his face didn't look like it after the fight.

Just sitting here now watching the Master's Final round coverage.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 04-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's becsuse dude likes those little foreign imports. I had an 83' Cutlass that I sold. I have a 2001 Caddy STS now. I've never had issues out of either car. My Caddy has that North Star V-8. Dude's BMW has a V-6. That North Star will eat that little ass car up. Little car, little engine. GM makes good engines. At the time, a North Star engine was where it was at. My boy had an Aurora with the same engine and it was fast as hell.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
I watched that fight. Garcia won but his face didn't look like it after the fight.
lol
Hilarious! I know, right? Peterson didn't have any damage to his face at all.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's becsuse dude likes those little foreign imports. I had an 83' Cutlass that I sold. I have a 2001 Caddy STS now. I've never had issues out of either car. My Caddy has that North Star V-8. Dude's BMW has a V-6. That North Star will eat that little ass car up. Little car, little engine. GM makes good engines. At the time, a North Star engine was where it was at. My boy had an Aurora with the same engine and it was fast as hell.
QFP
Old 04-12-2015, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
The cricket spam seems to have gone away. Now we have golf spam. I have reported about 13 today. I don't know why this can't be solved once and for all. OTHER message boards have a solution. And no spam at all.

Because other boards have been able to solve spam problems, I'm almost starting to wonder if John is leaving the spam up on purpose. We know he has tried to rustle up donations and subscriptions as of late. Perhaps he's trying to devise a way for spam-blocking to be for paying members only?

Edited to add: Or, since he hasn't logged on in a while, maybe he has had some kind of family emergency?

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 04-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Little car, little engine. GM makes good engines.
But crappy transmissions.

Back in the day, my parents owned an Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight. When the car was two years old, and I was 12 years old, we (read: my father) decided that our summer vacation would be a road trip across the US. We got from New York to Oklahoma City when the car's transmission decided to fall apart. We spent a <sarcasm>lovely</sarcasm> day in OKC waiting for the transmission to be repaired. We also made five more road stops along the way back to New York. The first thing my father did when we got home, was to get on the LIRR and head for the nearest Acura dealership and buy a Legend.

I "inherited" my mother's Acura Vigor when she quit driving. That was a solid little car. I currently drive an Acura TL. My husband drives a Nissan Murano.

My father drove his Legend into the ground, then bought a Honda Accord and drove it into the ground. After that, he leased a Mercedes, and, when the transmission fell out of that car (he has bad luck with transmissions LOL), he got a Lexus and is very happy with it.

I will never buy another American car as long as I draw breath.