GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,325
0 members and 2,325 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2000, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Post GHOST FACE

Damn- so sad some of us cannot eve read- I said I would MAYBe be an AK aifI would've gone to a different school.... Realisticly speaking, isn't this tru for most of us/ At one point or another the people ona particular chapter shapes your views and decisions, NOW, if you became member of XYZ org. because of a family member or friend, that is dead sad and a whole diff. story. The people that were at my school did not impressed me snoug to want to be down. THEY DID WANT ME!!! HA HA- As far as all the dissing for my org.? oh well, to each his/her opinion- but, As I stated earlier since I PLEDGED and learned enough about every one, I now respect them too much to put them down. Soo sad that of all the things I pouched most of you take the "negative" that is what happens when...
Anyways,
So many people of different org. e-mail me agreeing or disagreeing with me but, alway sin a positive way- Always with the intentions of showing where I am wrong and why. Those are the one who matter to me. Everyone else does not count.
GO BACK AND READ MY POST- I AM HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE AND WOULD MAKE THE SAME ONE IF I COULD GO BACK.
I AM A WOMAN AND ACCEPT ALL CRITICIZISM. I DO HOWEVER, LIKE TO MAKE MYSELF CLREAR WHEN DEALING WITH FEW HEADS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES. I DO WORK WITH KIDS.
PEACE.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2000, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

oh!! as far as the spelling... Well, it happens when youtype fast and are trying to get ideas out. I guess not all of us are ready for the truth. I hav enoticed the MAIN problem is that manyof us do not read. Oh my God. I leave my stressful job, come home searching for a "way out" and.... this is what I gind. Out of 50 replies, only few are intellingent ones. SGRho rejects and so on?... oh well, it is your opinion.
Oh!!! and please do not make me pull the US Map-
How sad, so sad
Old 05-24-2000, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostface-Killah:
oh!! as far as the spelling... Well, it happens when youtype fast and are trying to get ideas out. I guess not all of us are ready for the truth. I hav enoticed the MAIN problem is that manyof us do not read. Oh my God. I leave my stressful job, come home searching for a "way out" and.... this is what I gind. Out of 50 replies, only few are intellingent ones. SGRho rejects and so on?... oh well, it is your opinion.
Oh!!! and please do not make me pull the US Map-
How sad, so sad
Sorry GFK, there is no such thing as an SGRho reject!!!!
Old 05-24-2000, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Cream-Amb: I am not getting your message.
I hope it is not what I am thinking- Please specify. I don't want to jump the gun.
I see many have gotten the time to go to all chapters and look at the work sorors have done. Hmmmm, GENERALIZATIONS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2000, 08:38 AM
Step

Question

How did you get the name Ghostface Killah? That's sounds like a name for a guy. Just curious, no disrespect .
Old 05-24-2000, 09:31 AM
c&c1913

Talking

GFK-

Girl, keep your head up and don't let those "haters" take your joy. As my aunt would say "If something makes your world go around(in your case-SGRho), then let it spin."

Much Greek Love to you and the Ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho!

Old 05-24-2000, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey!!!!! Thanks to all of you who understand- As far as the name, It was one of my favorite big sister's name. Besides, I like Ghost Face from the Wu Tang Clan. SOMETIMES YOU SEE ME, SOMETIMES YOU DON'T-
Peace
Old 05-25-2000, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

GFK.......girl you know what you wanted and you got it and SGRHOS are a great organization! One of my good friends is an SGRHO and she loves it and all her her soros are friendly and although DELTA SIGMA THETA is my sorority of choice(when i attempt to pledge) I think the Gamma Rhos are tight. As for all the non greeks who diss your org and holler about DST or AKA I must say ( as I stated somewhere before) what would make them think that two great sororities like the AKAS and the DELTAS would allow such ignorance in their org anyway! Some people think that speaking highly of one org and putting another one down at the same time gains them "kudos" with their org of choice! I find that hard to beleive thought I beleive that the mature ladies of AKA, DST and ZETA would not want soror thathas such negativity about themselves. So people need to stop! Just because you favor one org over another does not make the other orgs bad or inferior! I have said it before and i will continue to say they are all great!
Old 05-25-2000, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Prettygirl- I HEAR YOUU!!!but... Although many make it into the org. only a few look for the deeper side of it. In fact I have e-mailing one of your sorors- We have been sharing what we think about the Divine Nine. Things get deep lady!!!I see if I can post a few things.
PEACE- TAKE CARE
Old 05-31-2000, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Angry

GFK:

You know you did the best thing for you. It saddens me to see other "interesteds" try to diss people who have their letters. It's just petty ugliness. On the other hand, I have no problem with people seeking membership into organizations based upon family ties. I am an Eastern Star, and I expect my daughter to become one one day (waaaaay in the future ). I also want my children to attend my alma mater, but I won't force them, just like my mom didn't force me to go to 'Skegee. I like the idea of family traditions.

INTERESTEDS: If you don't have your letters, and you aren't GUARANTEED a dang thing in this world but taxes and death, WHY WHOULD YOU PLAY YOURSELVES by trying to perpetuate a TIRED bunch of cliche's?? grow up and stop being childish. This immaturity is NOT what these organizations are about.

Every one of us needs to read "The Divine Nine" and LEARN something! I am enjoying it. It has not changed my mind about the sorority I am interested in, but it has broadened my historical knowledge of NPHCs.

My $.02

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)
Old 05-31-2000, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

CrimsonAmbitions,

You speak on subjects that you nothing about. If you really do have Crimson Ambitions, you really need learn that sometimes when you are ignorant to a subject, you need to simply shut the h$$$ up and listen, maybe you will learn something. I guess you have never been taught defference, or that you should respect members of other BGLO's. Well if you Ever make it on line, (Ohhps,) I mean, if you ever make it to intake, you will be taught to respect other BGLO's.

Everyone goes the way that their heart tells them. That varies for each individual. I am sure that you have your reason for your apirations. Unless I am wrong, you apire to be a Delta. That is a great choice, but I would also say that you should learn to respect others and the choice that they make.

"There are no SGRho rejects?", please. Every organization rejects people, for different reasons. So just keep that in mind. That's just my $19.11 worth.

ManndingoNupe
Old 06-01-2000, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

ManndingoNUPe: Thanks babe- Thanks for your $19.11- I wish more like you say it like it is. I guess not all of us put the amount we should.

But not matter what,
...I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL.
TAKE CARE NUPE!!!!!