GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,487
0 members and 2,487 guests
No Members online

Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Social Greeks too

Just out of curiosity... How many of my PSP brothers are Social Greek as well? Based on names, and comment/sigs I've noticed we have at least a Sig Ep & a DG in the house... If you're social to, which GLO are you, and did you go social first, or after PSP? If you personally arn't social, do you have any socials in your chapter? Are you active in both, find it difficult to be in both, etc...

I'll go first, since I started the thread

I'm also a Kappa Sigma, one of the founding fathers of my chapter actually. I went social after PSP. 2 other PSP Brothers joined me in becoming founding fathers of KSig. We also had two female Brothers who, I believe, were A Xi Ds...

Personally, I really devoted most of my time to KSig, and really let my active involvement with PSP slide to basically nothing. One of the other 2 KSigs was more active with PSP than KSig (basically the opposite of me - which was helpful because I was his RA, so we could easily fill each other in on what we'd missed at the other meeting), and the other wasn't too active with either in all honesty... The girls tried to remain active in both, but found it to be real difficult and eventually left PSP, though I think there may have been more going on than just a struggle between social & honors (sorry, they left 4 or so years ago so I can't recall all the specifics on why)...

The 5 of us were it, at least within my knowledge of the Fraternity. I've been an alumni for a few years now, so there might have been some who came in since I've been gone, or some who were there before I was even a rushee... Can't think of any possible rushees who mentioned they were in another GLO...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
SAI isn't generally considered a social org, but we are and that's how we remain single sexed.

I pledged SAI in spr. 06 and Phi Sig in fall 06. I stayed active in both until I graduated. I guess you could say I was more active in SAI because I held two officer positions in SAI and only 1 i Phi Sig.

It was tough being apart of both. My Sundays were marathon meetings with Phi Sig at 5 and SAI at 7p. I remember one year, recruitment for both was on the same week and it was tough because SAI requires full attendance and Phi Sig requires 1 event each week, but SAI was all week long. I had to make a lot of compromises, but I did my best to give each org the dedication they deserved.

I actually had dinner with some bros in the area on Thursday night. It was nice.

We had two brothers join social orgs after Phi Sig. One went Delta and the other went Zeta. Both disappeared after they were initiated into the other org. We had an ADPi pledge once....she dropped out before initiation. We heard it was from a lot of pressure from her sisters, but we'll never know.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 11-02-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigEpKyH233 Send a message via MSN to SigEpKyH233
I actually was a founding father for both my greek chapters on campus, first being SigEp and then soon followed by PSP; and to be completely honest I joined both within a couple weeks of each other.

I've had to go inactive [for PSP] this semester because I was unable to make any of the meetings, and am now petitioning for [PSP] alumnus status next semester because I can't be inactive two semesters consecutively. I love both of my chapters, although I'm a lot more close with my SigEp Brothers than I am my PSP Brothers, and I know that both chapters will do great things.

As for others, I do believe that I am the only Social greek that we have in our organization, and it kinda saddens me. I know that there is a lot to be gained from both organizations, and I don't see why the two don't function well together.