GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,727
2 members and 1,725 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Herman Mason removed as General President??

Someone changed the Alpha Phi Alpha Wikipedia page to indicate that Herman Mason had been removed as Alpha Phi Alpha General President (and that Aaron Crutison was acting General President). I'd like to find out if this is true, and if so where I can reference it, or false so it can be reverted...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

You will not find a source that meets Wikipedia's standards of credibility.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Only useful page

The only useful page in this regard is the Alpha Phi Alpha list of Officers at http://www.alpha-phi-alpha.com/Page.php?id=59 which has the General President as blank. In this case, a primary source from the national webpage is fine, no secondary source is needed.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

The Office of General President has been updated on the national website: http://www.alpha-phi-alpha.com/Page.php?id=59
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
The Office of General President has been updated on the national website: http://www.alpha-phi-alpha.com/Page.php?id=59
Yes. Just noticed it myself. Good enough. A reference for the removal like an announcement or a press release including why would be superior, but I doubt that that is going to occur.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 06pilot
A Press release was announced. But only to ACTIVE financial brothers. Thats why you should stay active.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Talk about keeping things in house...

Wow, I know privately held companies that have given more explanation over changes in leadership than this...

(And I have no idea by the Alpha Phi Alpha National Bylaws and constitution what vote would be required to remove a National President between conventions)

Note, there is something public (but not specific at all) at http://www.alpha-phi-alpha.com/Press...4&newsCat=News

Last edited by naraht; 05-16-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: found a release...
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Let us hope that this stays at a level where it is appropriate to keep it in house. (As opposed to Lawsuits and IRS Audits)