GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,326
4 members and 1,322 guests
MSKKG

Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Sex Toy Parties

Who has been to one? What exactly goes on there? I know it involves sex toys (duh!), but what's the purpose and what to you all do?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been to one either, but I think the purpose is to sell stuff.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Unregistered-

Actually, the term they use is "Passion Party." My best friend hosts one at least once a month and she's robbing the bank with them because she's one of the first representatives to start it off here.

Think Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc. etc.

It's not just limited to adult toys, either. Products also include stuff you can find at adult novelty stores like Sensually Yours. Stuff like flavored lube got passed around and everyone got to sample.

I remember the first time I saw the butterfly up close. Kristen, my then-BF's sister, went into detail about the different speeds. She must have had at least 10 kinds of vibrators that day, including the infamous Rabbit.

It's really fun, especially when you get a lot of girls who haven't really been exposed to that kind of stuff.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to one once. It was pretty fun but all of the girls who ordered stuff that was supposed to be shipped to them never got it so I would be wary of that.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Actually, the term they use is "Passion Party." My best friend hosts one at least once a month and she's robbing the bank with them because she's one of the first representatives to start it off here.

Think Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc. etc.

It's not just limited to adult toys, either. Products also include stuff you can find at adult novelty stores like Sensually Yours. Stuff like flavored lube got passed around and everyone got to sample.

I remember the first time I saw the butterfly up close. Kristen, my then-BF's sister, went into detail about the different speeds. She must have had at least 10 kinds of vibrators that day, including the infamous Rabbit.

It's really fun, especially when you get a lot of girls who haven't really been exposed to that kind of stuff.
Okay that sounds fun. Like looking at all the varieties and demostrations. But I think I would be embarrassed to buy/order them in front of friends or people that I know, lol.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Okay that sounds fun. Like looking at all the varieties and demostrations. But I think I would be embarrassed to buy/order them in front of friends or people that I know, lol.
Not to worry. Usually the reps have printed catalogs with order forms that you can send in after the party just in case!

I have this bottle called "Satin Sheets" I got as a free sample from my friend. You spray it on the bed and it's supposed to make your sheets feel soft and at the same time, stimulate my mate's pheromones.

It doesn't stain, and I have no idea whether or not it really stimulate my mate's pheromones, but my sheets smell and feel good, that's for sure!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

You could have safer sex ones...

Or you can go waaaaaayyyyyy out and have the "bondage".

Anyhow, I personally have only been to a safer sex one... Just not into "bondage" (sorry Valkyrie)...

You can have your friends bring all kinds of items you are "interested" in and have a "gift exchange"...

You can have demonstrators come in from like, Hustler Store, and show you tools...

You can have "classes" on how to things to "expand your knowledge"...

Since I eloped, I didn't have bridal shower. But if I did, my aunt in Las Vegas would have done some thangs... Like she gets some of the clothing items from the "strip clubs" to wear to bed.

Dionysus, I thought you knew this kind of stuff!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 12-23-2006, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilddd3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
The one I went to we ordered in a separate room and the sales person had black bags to carry the purchases out in.

My friend had a party as her bacholerette party. She got a percentage of the sales off of her purchase. She cleaned up. Some people also just donated money to the "cause".
Old 12-24-2006, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
That's how it worked at the one I went to. After the demonstration, we went into the other room one at a time to buy whatever we wanted, and we had brown paper bags to carry the stuff out. Lots of fun!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
The parties I have been to you ordered and the product was delievered later. I don't think we went to the other room to order anything though-- but then again, all the girls at the party have known each other for years so we wouldn't think twice about telling each other what we purchased. And our parties also inclue a lot of "oh i have tried that-- you will love this so and so..."
It is much more fun to have people there you are great friends with!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Fun Time!

I've been to several. The last one was wonderful. The hostess hired a stripper and he stripped, whipped, and tripped us out. We purchased items and learned how to use them. We played games and then the stripper showed us all new things to do .
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduakator View Post
I've been to several. The last one was wonderful. The hostess hired a stripper and he stripped, whipped, and tripped us out. We purchased items and learned how to use them. We played games and then the stripper showed us all new things to do .
Okay, that's just nasty and asking for a disease.

According to my best friend, there's a code of conduct that most Passion Party reps abide by. Hiring a stripper and having him "show you all the new things to do" is disgusting.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

We didn't have sex.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduakator View Post
We didn't have sex.
Your reading comprehension needs work.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Okay, that's just nasty and asking for a disease.
How the f- are they 'asking' for a disease? I mean, I'd doubt they're buying the still-wet dildo.

Quote:
According to my best friend, there's a code of conduct that most Passion Party reps abide by. Hiring a stripper and having him "show you all the new things to do" is disgusting.
LOL, yeah, the 'ethics' of an in-home sales pitch . . . It's kind of dumb (and probably a little bit of hyperbole) but w/e, if it worked.