GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,514
1 members and 2,513 guests
John

Old 01-01-2004, 10:47 PM

Stolen Badge

Girls,

A ZTA sister and good friend of mine had her apartment broken into on Sunday. First and foremost, please keep her in your prayers. Secondly, the burglers stole her badge which she received after Initiation. It is a plain gold one and has no engraving on the back. It's fairly new. It's only two years old so it'll look like a new one. If you should see it on ebay, please PM me or email me so I can let her know. I will let her know about it and she can look at it to see if it's hers or not. If it is hers, I'll see what she wants done about it.

ZLAM, Erica
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Barge, but I did not realize that they ever came unengraved! That will make it hard for her to claim it is hers.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:34 PM

Yes, ours sometimes come unengraved. Yes, this makes it hard to make sure it's hers but it's still worth a shot! :-)
Old 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Unhappy It was me, Erica is talking about...

Thanks Erica for posting about this. Sisters...it was my apartment that was robbed over the Christmas holidays. Not only did they get my gold badge, but they got a whole lot more. (including my grandmothers' jewelry that they had left me.) I can say that I was lucky that Winston and I weren't home. Not so lucky because my renter's insurance had not been in effect yet. (Kicked in after the first of the year....GRRR!!! )

They stole mostly stuff they could pawn, some costume jewelry and my liquor! Not to mention over 150 DVDs. (WHERE IS THE JUSTICE!!!) But they left other stuff also...like my pearl badge, my Disney snowglobe collection, ReplayTV (like TiVO) and satellite receiver.

They had chained my door, so I couldn't get into the apartment when I returned from my parents after holidays. They were very neat, and hadn't broken anything. They got in through the window that I found out is easy to "jimmy" open. I now have "charlie bars" installed on all my windows, so you can only open the windows from the inside.

I had stopped the paper delivery and mail is actually put through a mail slot in my door. I had someone watching my apartment while I was gone, he didn't notice anything strange. But then again he hadn't checked the apartment for about five days before I came home. HE'S FIRED! None of my neighbors saw or heard anything either. (how no one saw people walking out of my apartment with a 27" inch, 25" and 20" TV ~ I don't know, but I am definitely not happy. They are FIRED also!

MORAL: Get RENTER'S INSURANCE! Find someone reliable to give a key and GO INSIDE your apartment while you are away. Follow what you always hear you should do while you are away. Write down serial numbers to your electronic equipment. Keep a running list of your valuables, DVDs, etc. You never know when you might need it!!!

ZLAM to all my sisters who have asked and called about me this last week...it has meant the world!!!!

Meredith

PS: DGMarie, I had tried to get my two badges engraved, but was unable to find someone in the area who could engrave them since they were so small...I am definitely going to find some way to mark my Pearl one after all of this.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 01-05-2004, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. If it wouldn't be a big hassle, you might let some area pawn shops know what your badge looks like. (The police may already do this for you.) Hopefully, it and your other things will turn up.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:19 PM

What a horrible thing to have to come home to after Christmas! Sorry to hear about that. I hope they catch those thieves!
Old 01-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Oh, Meredith! Hugs, girlfriend. I know how intrusive this kind of thing is. I was burgled in college and it made me feel so violated. They were in my house when I was - very scary.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Thanks for your kind words...Nothing new to report.. WE had a lead, but the "thing" won't cooperate with the detectives. Hopefully, the serial number will match up! Then we can get a warrant and MAKE him cooperate!

ZLAM,
Meredith

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."