GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Beta Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,375
1 members and 2,374 guests
John

Old 03-16-2003, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Talking TBS/KKPsi Info: Please Read!

If you are visiting and do not know about Tau Beta Sigma or Kappa Kappa Psi, please visit our national webpage:
http://www.kkytbs.org

Important info:
TBS and KKPsi are very diverse organizations. Some chapters are single sex, some are co-ed. We have many chapters at HBCU's and therefore many of our chapters have taken on charicaristics of HBGLO's such as calls, hand signs, lines, stepping, etc.

Please if you have any questions, please ask!

Also, if you have a site that might help explain TBS or KKPsi better, please post a link!

Why Tau Beta Sigma? From the Delta Omicron (my) chapter
Old 08-24-2006, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

The organizations both sound really interesting.

I wish I went to a bigger school with a bigger music program. I'm a music minor and have been playing for about six years.

Is there a way to be a member at a school you don't attend? Like mixed chapters? And would you have to be involved at the program at that school?

Please let me know if this is inappropriate to the board. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Btw, Is anyone here also a member of MENC (National Association of Music Education)?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Which school are you at? You can always contact our National HQ using the website to ask about starting a chapter - or any other questions!

TBS is an org. for band members- marching, jazz, concert, symphonic... If you are looking for a more general music organization you can also look into Sigma Alpha Iota and Delta Omicron!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I am in band. Jazz Band, to be exact. I play clarinet, sax, and flute. I don't even know if it would be worth it to try and start a chapter here. We're a pretty small Jesuit school and I don't know if sorority/fraternity life is even allowed here. There are no others. But, It's a thought. There is only one other female band musician on my campus But I really appreciate the information. I look forward to looking more into the organization and learning more about it.

I'll look into those other ones as well!

Last edited by MexicanMami0286; 08-24-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I would check into your Student Affairs office and also contact TBS HQ. TBS is a co-ed org. so it wouldnt even matter if you have two women and the rest men. My chapter was very small once, only having four members, then we grew... after I joined we went down to 8... then when I was president we tripled our numbers, they have been doing well since!

Small chapters can do big things... so I still encourage you to check TBS out!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
Hello! I am a member of SAI and I am also interested in becoming a member of TBS/KKPsi. We have both here at UK and they are both co-ed. My question is, does becoming a member of one versus the other just come down to personal preference?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Take a moment to look at our mission statement and vision, as well as national programs. We are brother/sister organizations but there is a specific focus to each. I hope that helps you in your decision making process. If you'd like to PM me, i'd be happy to talk. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Make sure to talk to the members of each organization at your school and ask them questions too. Oddly enough, I found my niche in KKPsi, while one of my younger brothers became a member of TBS at the same school. (So that makes him my sister brother??) This was obviously before I went to Illinois, as U of I doesn't have a chapter of either. Good luck in your search as both are great organizations.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Tau Beta Sigma saved my freshmen year of college, it made everything bearable and it gave me somewhere to really belong. If your school has TBSig or KKPsi, try it. I'm telling you, it is totally worth it.

"The best moment in my life was joining TBS, The second best was getting you for a big"